• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

BlueHeron's guide on how to make a cool username

Did this help?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Okay guys, I've recently nodused a rising interest in new accounts. Personally, I had been part of the interested group, and spent 5+ hours trying to find the 'perfect' username. Eventually I came up with Orym, which I'm very happy with. Short, orginal, and easy on the tongue; the perfect package. I've decided to write up a short guide on how I created such a username, and how you can create a cool one.

STEP 1: Fantasy Name Generator- The first step in my guide, is to head over to a fantasy name generator. I recommend this one here. Input the type of name you want. For example, I put in 'short names' but the site allows for some cool username generation, such as the pokemon option. You should end up with a grid like this:

STEP 2: Change it up- Mess around with the names a bit. Add letters at the beginning, end. Make it sound more natural, and fun. For me, I saw the root 'Rym' and then added the 'o' in the beginning, ending up with Orym.

STEP 3: [UPDATED] Availability- Check the names availability. The best way to check username availability is by beginning to make another Minecraft account. To do this, head over to https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft and begin to complete the process. Once you've gone past the first stage, which is putting in a Mojang account, you'll be greeted by a box like this:

Just fill that box out and it'll check it for you, like this sample test:

TIPS:
- Avoid numbers and _'s
- Always start with a capitol letter
- Invent a lot of usernames, so you have a good selection to choose from when you decide to buy an account

Thanks for reading, and remember to leave a like if this helped :D

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
They're not bad, actually, they're an amazing an easier way to guess a new and awesome name.
Because I'm fancy, I usually look for strange words on the English language. You'll be amazed on how many awesome words people don't know about. The best part of my method is that your name truly has a meaning.

Reaction score
They're not bad, actually, they're an amazing an easier way to guess a new and awesome name.
Because I'm fancy, I usually look for strange words on the English language. You'll be amazed on how many awesome words people don't know about. The best part of my method is that your name truly has a meaning.
I suppose Fox is an unknown word? :p

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I approve this thread.

But you might want to include the fact that:
Even if it comes up false, that doesn't meant the Username isn't taken, just means the account isn't premium.
Basically, someone made an account with that Username before they switched to Mojang account and didn't pay for Premium. (Made an account, but didn't buy Minecraft.)

Like for instance, enter minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=Seireiju

It comes up false right? Does that mean it's an available name? WRONG! Cuz I own that account, and it's not premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci