• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Breeze and SG 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderwaffle237

Experienced
Reaction score
I just had a thought, maybe we could bring the amount of maps selected down, and then breeze might not always be there

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I agree, I am taking around a month break from Survival Games just because of those two maps. Every single second of the day playing SG, its either SG4 or Breeze. At least appreciate the amount of time put into a map rather than playing maps that benefits you (I love Teweran, Skylands, Kharmunrah and Survival Kingdom).

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I agree, I am taking around a month break from Survival Games just because of those two maps. Every single second of the day playing SG, its either SG4 or Breeze. At least appreciate the amount of time put into a map rather than playing maps that benefits you (I love Teweran, Skylands, Kharmunrah and Survival Kingdom).
A bit off topic, but:

As much as it's true, some maps don't get played as often as they deserve to be played, you shouldn't say that people don't appreciate the amount of time put into them. Honestly, when I came to play here on MCSG, I came to have fun, not vote for a map I may dislike just to "show appreciation." I love the maps and appreciate the time spent on them greatly, even if I don't enjoy them myself. I also agree that they are under-appreciated. However, I am here to have fun, not worship the map makers. I will vote for what I want to play. After all, this is a game...we are here to have fun, not make the creators feel good. The same way, we all know that most donors here only really donated because they wanted the perks, not entirely because they wanted to support MCSG. (This doesn't mean they don't appreciate the servers in the same way or don't want to support them - they care enough to care about the perks, don't they? The truth is that most people are too tight on money to spend it on literally nothing, even if they wanted to. Don't take that comment the wrong way.)

I may sound selfish for this...but it's true. Why must I have to "pay" to show appreciation? It's like on another server I played on: People won something fair and square, then they continue to "give it back" to be the "nice guy". Regardless of this, even I, someone who never, ever gave something back was still seen as the "nicest" member of the community, despite others giving away tens of thousands of diamonds... I do not give away something of mine to be nice, I simply give thanks, be polite, and overall a nice person...that's what I'll do for the map makers. I will appreciate it. I will love how it looks...but if I'm not in the mood to look at it or play on it right now, or maybe even ever...what? That doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. (I'm not saying that donating doesn't show appreciation or that you shouldn't do it, I'm just saying that giving money and valuables to people isn't the only way to be a "nice guy". Sometimes, being the nice guy is just being polite and awesome.)

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
sg4 is nothing, it has nothing special, just compare it to sg2 compare the time and effort put into those maps, sg4 is LAME in comparison and brings nothing new to sg, instead of breeze that adds a lot to this community and a completely unique map...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
sg4 is nothing, it has nothing special, just compare it to sg2 compare the time and effort put into those maps, sg4 is LAME in comparison and brings nothing new to sg, instead of breeze that adds a lot to this community and a completely unique map...
I don't believe that's true. SG4 has a kind of abandoned village style. If SG4 doesn't add anything new, neither do Survival Kingdom, Yellowstone, or even SG2 which are all good maps.

I don't think either of them being removed is a good idea. I like breeze island because it adds a whole new idea, and it's the only map that I actually don't want to go to the cornucopia at the beginning, which is new.

Survival Games 4 is a map that is preferred by people that want a more overpowered game. This isn't necessarily always bad (however much I dislike it) but it's got a lot of tier 2 chests giving everyone a chance to do well, which is a big reason that everyone likes it. It's also a fairly small map, making for a game as fast as breeze probably.

I think a problem is that some maps aren't played enough. In the two weeks that I've been back, I haven't played Hungry Hills or Fortress Pyke at all.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
The best way to solve this problem is to reduce the amount of skips, or simply remove skips. Then, make the likelihood of maps showing up relevant to how much they're played, so that maps that are never played e.g. Skylands Survival, are much more likely to show up than maps which are played very often, e.g. Breeze Island.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
no just reduce the chance of breeze and sg 4 being a vote.
In my opinion this is the only solution. Even though they will still try to skip to get them, it will be rarer for them to come up.

Glitchy

Experienced
Reaction score
The best way to solve this problem is to reduce the amount of skips
By doing this wont it just make the likelihood of Breeze or SG4 being an option greater?
In my opinion this is the only solution. Even though they will still try to skip to get them, it will be rarer for them to come up.
How is this fair to Breeze Island and Sg4? If people like the maps, why would they reduce the chances of playing them?
Am I missing the point? :confused:

A

Aedrift

I just love the fact that everyone made a tiny post on what they like or dislike, then G33ke posts a big meaningful post. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci