• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Breeze Island & Demons Breeze - Are they suited for the community these days?

Should they be removed?

• Total voters

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Every map has it's pros and cons.

I think everyone just has to face the fact that Breeze Island will never be removed due to the fact of it being a classic map were many of the first MCGamer players played on. The nostalgia feel that Breeze Island has is the main reason why it will never be removed.

As for Demon's Breeze, I actually like the map. The suspense and excitement that the map brings is just awesome! At any moment, if not figured out correctly, can result in a fiery plunge into lava. It's also a map that was previously removed and added back onto the servers due to high demand, so I don't think it will be removed again.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Nostalgia for the originals and it's kind of like you want to get rid of SG 1 but can't because that's just how those maps were. It's like history in a map.

K

KiDD

Personally, I believe both are classics and are unique. I really enjoy playing on both of them with the exception of the water fights on Breeze, and lava on Demon's Breeze, but other than that, it's cool.

Demon's Breeze, may be a bother at times but it's unique. The idea of it being re-created or re-vamped bothers me because it'd take the originality from it, oddly enough, because Demon's Breeze is just a lava copy from Breeze Island. Although several aspects of the map go to show how unique it is.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't know... Breeze could be the worst map in the world and still be on the servers.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Breeze Island is a classic and although there are better maps now, it's been there since almost the very beginning and I personally hope it's never removed ;-;

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I say remove both. I personally hate breeze island due to it being so overplayed in 2013 that I literally just quit MCG for a month to five months. Demon's breeze on the other hand is rather poorly designed and is an annoying map to be killed on. This is due to there being a lack of skill to kill people since you can just hit them into lava. The master sword is also very close to being considered an "overpowered item" since you can get a free iron sword 2 minutes in.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally am a big fan of Demon's Breeze, which seems to be an unpopular opinion these days.

As much as I do find it rather irritating to be chasing someone in water for long periods of time, Breeze Island is a classic on this network and I would personally not be happy if it were to be removed.

However, one way they could "revamp" Breeze Island is by adding more lillypads in the water surrounding the island. That way, chases may be shorted and it adds another dynamic to PvP. I believe some servers have already done this, and in my experience it has worked very well. :)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
However, one way they could "revamp" Breeze Island is by adding more lillypads in the water surrounding the island. That way, chases may be shorted and it adds another dynamic to PvP. I believe some servers have already done this, and in my experience it has worked very well. :)
That is what Breeze Island 2 is :)

Demon's breeze on the other hand is rather poorly designed and is an annoying map to be killed on. This is due to there being a lack of skill to kill people since you can just hit them into lava. The master sword is also very close to being considered an "overpowered item" since you can get a free iron sword 2 minutes in.
If you see someone that is charging you and you're on a bridge, just run to a safe place. It will put the other player at a disadvantage. Intentionally putting yourself in good positions is how you win. Although some just say it's luck, the method is always going to be in the game. As for Breeze Island, I think your opinion on it is extremely reasonable.
Personally, I believe both are classics and are unique. I really enjoy playing on both of them with the exception of the water fights on Breeze, and lava on Demon's Breeze, but other than that, it's cool.
The thing is that Breeze's focus is water, and Demons's is lava. It's hard to remove the main basis of the map without making it totally different. That's the issue: do we remove the map entirely because of the annoying focus, or do we keep it in some form?

Here are my thoughts on the debate.

I don't see why many people would complain about removing Breeze 1.
These 5 maps left soundlessly with v2, and there was very little complaint:
  • Eye of Horus
  • Enchanted Forest
  • Excavation Zero
  • Ancient Japan
  • Hub Games
And these are 5 maps, not one! So I don't think that there would be a big controversy over it.

Breeze Island 2 is just a big revamp that should have replaced Breeze Island.
That's like adding Icarus Fallen and keeping Icarus because it's "too classic."
When they add Zone 85 Revamped, will they keep the original one? No...

Sorry for the people that really enjoy water battles, but it's not like Holiday Resort and Breeze 2 aren't there.
I really think that this map is unique. It really isn't a huge problem to get knocked off unless you are just trying to rush the Master Sword (trust me, there are better options). If you mean on bridges, then remember that part of the fun of lava maps is trying not to fall into lava.

If the map Into Ashes is accepted, then I would be okay with Demon's Breeze leaving. However, lava maps are interesting for PvP, and they offer a different type of challenge.

However, I do not like two parts of the map.
1. The spawn. I usually get 30-40 frames when going into deathmatch against a team of two. Maybe build an amazing spawn or have a different deathmatch?
2. Holes in bridges. These don't really do anything important to make the game more fun or interesting. It's frustrating, and very few people would disagree with me on that.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I know but, I meant keeping the original Breeze Island and just adding lillypads here and there.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know but, I meant keeping the original Breeze Island and just adding lillypads here and there.
Sorry, but I doubt any minor change would make Breeze Island a better map. Lillypads too far? You can't parkour. Lillypads too close? It's easy to chase people down. It makes updating the map very hard.

The only solution I could think of that I think could work is adding natural sand bridges, but it would radically change how the map games went. You have two choices: say "Breeze should keep its feel" or "it needs radical upgrades."

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Breeze was always a terrible map, but it was one of the first community maps and you have to give it some credit for that.

I didn't play Demon's Breeze too much, but from what I remember it was actually pretty well made, and as far as I can tell people do enjoy it.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
I don't mind Breeze Island, I definitely prefer Breeze Island 2 over it though.

And for Demons Breeze, when it was removed a few months ago, it was upset xD I really really like this map, would be upset if it was removed again :c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci