• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring back as.mcgamer.net!

Would you like the AS MCSG servers back?

• Yes! I support this thread!

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No... this is useless...

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I don't care (makes me sad if you vote this) :'(

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would seriously support bringing AS back, but only if a LOT of players came forward and said they would all donate. There's no way that the servers will come back just because 3 people ask for it every 2 months.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I would seriously support bringing AS back, but only if a LOT of players came forward and said they would all donate. There's no way that the servers will come back just because 3 people ask for it every 2 months.
Basically this.

It doesn't matter how hard you wish for AS servers or how many times you tag the Admins+Devs+Chad, it isn't happening if the economic/business reality of the area does not change. AS shut down because not enough players were playing and paying for the high-priced servers to support them over time. Since the players couldn't pay for the servers, the servers got shut down; there is no reason to believe that if we had AS servers again, history wouldn't repeat itself.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
Col_StaR history will repeat itself, I ran a server for the ex-AS server players to play on. Need less to say, in exactly 11 months, we had to shut down (in AS at least) due to financial issues. ;)

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
In a perfect world, this would be possible.
It would be amazing to be able to support Asian servers on the MCGamer network so that all players could have an equal opportunity to play the game competitively.
I would have assumed that MCGamer would have made enough money to support an Asian server by this point (since I was banned), but evidently not.
I guess we can only hope that more Asian players become interested in MCGamer, although that would be difficult as there isn't currently a server favoring them.
Only time will tell.

Skify

Platinum
Reaction score
Basically this.

It doesn't matter how hard you wish for AS servers or how many times you tag the Admins+Devs+Chad, it isn't happening if the economic/business reality of the area does not change. AS shut down because not enough players were playing and paying for the high-priced servers to support them over time. Since the players couldn't pay for the servers, the servers got shut down; there is no reason to believe that if we had AS servers again, history wouldn't repeat itself.
It has been a year! We need a chance :/

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The financial state of things still wouldn't have changed in that year. If AS had enough donations or community-driven funding for it, then it would be viable- but, if memory serves me right, the lack of funds was AS' problem in the first place. MCGamer was losing money by keeping AS up.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I am US but I am with the community in bringing AS Servers back. Good luck, it takes a community to get this to actually happen! :)

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
.... Good luck, it takes a community to get this to actually happen! :)
A paying community, mind you. A million people could want this to happen, but if none of them can pitch the money to support it, it's not worth doing.

AS already had its chance, and it couldn't support itself. We still don't see a reason to believe that AS servers would fare better than they previously have. We have no reason to believe the general playerbase nor the paying playerbase is large enough or interested enough to reinvest in the AS region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci