• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring Back SG Classic

GSS_99

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if there was any possibility of SG Classic ever appearing on McGamer again. I understand that before it was removed that it wasn't anything special and nobody played on it. In the Classics defense one could say it was "broken" chests didn't refill, voting didn't work correctly, only one map was playable and overall it was lacking in support. Therefore players didn't see it as an enjoyable gamemode in general considering all the bugs. What if the gamemode was brought back with new potential? The Classic maps are something I enjoyed incredibly and would love to see them here again sometime soon.

princerayne

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree 110% I remember the classic gamemode in its glory days and i think it brought a lot of potential for the MCGamer Network. Most people that played it loved it. It brought a lot of friendships together and was a Jolly old time. I stopped playing for a couple months and came back to exactly what GSS has described. Only one map, no refills, and people even kept Armour if they won a game. This was not the Classics i fell in love with. Eventually it was thought by the MCGamer Network that Classic was unfit to be apart of their server so they removed it. It became unfit when it was neglected upkeep when everything else on the Network was updated. Please Bring it back.

Zggy

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree but I don't think if the MCGamer network beings it back it will be popular.

GSS_99

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree but I don't think if the MCGamer network beings it back it will be popular.
Dependable, Some players really enjoy the old maps. I believe that if tailored correctly it could become a great standby to the Regular SG

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I'd love to see it re-added, but this time without all the bugs. But sadly, as other people have said, it most likely wouldn't be popular at all because people despise longer games with more exploring and stuff, because they only want quick games with tons of PvP.

Last edited:

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I know many people enjoyed the gamemode but it was very underplayed. I am not saying it was a bad gamemode of any sort it is just you need a certain amount of people to begin the game and when you don't have a lot of people interested to join it becomes very dead.

GSS_99

Tribute
Reaction score
I know many people enjoyed the gamemode but it was very underplayed. I am not saying it was a bad gamemode of any sort it is just you need a certain amount of people to begin the game and when you don't have a lot of people interested to join it becomes very dead.
Right but no one ever wanted to play a broken game mode.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I miss it so much. It's like having your best friend move to the woods, they're just gone. If it were brought back, I would agree with mikag35, just don't have the major game breaking bugs that drove everyone out in the first place. It was NOT an underplayed gamemode UNTIL the bugs came, and I would see that happening again, but learning from experience and being proactive, we could get all the bugs out quicker and keep that player base.

GSS_99

Tribute
Reaction score
I miss it so much. It's like having your best friend move to the woods, they're just gone. If it were brought back, I would agree with mikag35, just don't have the major game breaking bugs that drove everyone out in the first place. It was NOT an underplayed gamemode UNTIL the bugs came, and I would see that happening again, but learning from experience and being proactive, we could get all the bugs out quicker and keep that player base.
<333333

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
If it's re-added, I think it will die out even if there aren't any bugs. Pretty much all of the old players who used to be here and remember when MCSG actually was like that are long gone, and barely anyone one will be interested. Even SG Solo, something lots of people were asking for, died down within a couple of weeks and now there aren't many people in it. If MCSG makes a good version of SG Classic and no one plays it, that's on the community for not being open to anything ever, not on MCSG.

It would be awesome if MCSG would re-add SG Classic, but for them there's really no point in doing it, seeing as we'd be a part of a very small group that actually would play it. I miss when I was number one on the leaderboards and actually played SG Classic a ton with people. However it's been two years since then.

Last edited:

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
If it's re-added, I think it will die out even if there aren't any bugs. Pretty much all of the old players who used to be here and remember when MCSG actually was like that are long gone, and barely anyone one will be interested. Even SG Solo, something lots of people were asking for, died down within a couple of weeks and now there aren't many people in it. If MCSG makes a good version of SG Classic and no one plays it, that's on the community for not being open to anything ever, not on MCSG.

It would be awesome if MCSG would re-add SG Classic, but for them there's really no point in doing it, seeing as we'd be a part of a very small group that actually would play it. I miss when I was number one on the leaderboards and actually played SG Classic a ton with people, those were some of my last really good memories on here (sadly). And it's been 2 years since those days. (holy crap it doesn't feel like it's been that long)
It may be time for us, and MCSG, to accept that we're just MCSG. Not a network of a bunch of minigames, we're the survival games (and it's debatable weather we can call it that anymore but that's another topic). We have some other things like battlegrounds, but that's just PvP practice. I don't wanna call it quits, but it may be time to pull the plug on the whole SGC revival operation if we can't get some more support.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
It may be time for us, and MCSG, to accept that we're just MCSG. Not a network of a bunch of minigames, we're the survival games (and it's debatable weather we can call it that anymore but that's another topic). We have some other things like battlegrounds, but that's just PvP practice. I don't wanna call it quits, but it may be time to pull the plug on the whole SGC revival operation if we can't get some more support.
No one really seems to care about anything in this community anymore except for tryharding for stats that mean literally nothing because no one even really pays attention to the leaderboards anymore. That's kinda sad to think about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci