• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Building A Computer

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
So I've been planning to get a new computer as my current one is getting old. I am interested in a gaming PC which could handle minecraft at 300+ FPS, No budget required.

I have already planned on getting an i7 3770k Intel processor and a GTX 780 graphics card (if there are any better graphic cards out there could you please inform me.) I'm pretty certain on my processor as it seems too be one of the best processors.

I also need a website to build this computer.
The parts/specs that I mainly need are:
The motherboard
Sound Card
Graphics card
Speakers
Processor/CPU
Memory/Storage
The amount of ram
Everything important to building a good PC!
Thank you =D

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
Your processor and graphic card are really good! One tip, don't cheap out on the power supply and motherboard, with the power supply I would suggest 950+ watt. Ten you have to decide if you want water cooling, with that graphics card I would suggest it, and why not if you have no budget. RAM I would suggest Corsair Vengeance, 16gb or 8gb, depending on what you want, just make sure you get a decent speed on your RAM! More RAM will make high end games, if your playing minecraft, speed will matter more, but if you can get both size and speed, go for it! Hope I helped somewhat :)

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
Your processor and graphic card are really good! One tip, don't cheap out on the power supply and motherboard, with the power supply I would suggest 950+ watt. Ten you have to decide if you want water cooling, with that graphics card I would suggest it, and why not if you have no budget. RAM I would suggest Corsair Vengeance, 16gb or 8gb, depending on what you want, just make sure you get a decent speed on your RAM! More RAM will make high end games, if your playing minecraft, speed will matter more, but if you can get both size and speed, go for it! Hope I helped somewhat :)
This was very helpful thanks :)

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
i7 is overkill....
Get an i5. Unless you have a beast monitor, 300fps will be above the refresh rate, which means you'll get flickering. i5 is great for 512x texture pack, shaders or whatever else Minecraft will use it for.

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
i7 is overkill....
Get an i5. Unless you have a beast monitor, 300fps will be above the refresh rate, which means you'll get flickering. i5 is great for 512x texture pack, shaders or whatever else Minecraft will use it for.
Why not get an i7 when you can see he has no budget? But you're right i7 is not too big of a step above i5.

And to gianteye123: Good choice on the processor and graphic, just make sure that your processor matches up with your motherboard. I"ve seen that mistake happen, not fun :(

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see why you would get a 3770k instead of the 4th gen processors that JUST came out... I would personally go for an i5-4670k or an i7-4770k.

Reactions: Fox

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't see why you would get a 3770k instead of the 4th gen processors that JUST came out... I would personally go for an i5-4670k or an i7-4770k.
What's the price difference, I'm in Australia and I'm only browsing Australian sites, Is it worth the price? (I7 4770k)
Would you know a motherboard to go with this computer?

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
What's the price difference, I'm in Australia and I'm only browsing Australian sites, Is it worth the price? (I7 4770k)
Would you know a motherboard to go with this computer?
The price difference shouldn't be more than $50. The only reason I brought it up is because you stated that there was no budget. :p
For motherboards, I've always been a fan of the gigabyte z77x-ud3h and the gigabyte z77x-ud5h if you're going with the 3770k. If you take my advice and get a 4770k, go with either the z87x-ud3h or the z87x-ud5h.

Reactions: Fox

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
The price difference shouldn't be more than $50. The only reason I brought it up is because you stated that there was no budget. :p
For motherboards, I've always been a fan of the gigabyte z77x-ud3h and the gigabyte z77x-ud5h if you're going with the 3770k. If you take my advice and get a 4770k, go with either the z87x-ud3h or the z87x-ud5h.
I think my at as-well get the 4770k, Been saving up for a while now. So I'll get the best I can find, Thanks for the reply :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci