• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Building a PC

Snowlion

Tribute
Reaction score
Are you building this PC to run only Minecraft and nothing else really except for like smaller and cheaper games?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
My build costed like 600 at the time and I'm only getting like 300 fps. If I were you, I would get a very good motherboard and processor, then have the ability to upgrade as you get more money. Start with stuff you can build off of, and don't make the mistake I made by cheaping out on stuff like that. My current build.
This includes windows 7 and the case isn't sold anymore, but its damn cheap now.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xGWmpg

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My build costed like 600 at the time and I'm only getting like 300 fps. If I were you, I would get a very good motherboard and processor, then have the ability to upgrade as you get more money. Start with stuff you can build off of, and don't make the mistake I made by cheaping out on stuff like that. My current build.
This includes windows 7 and the case isn't sold anymore, but its damn cheap now.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xGWmpg
So your saying I should buy it?

Snowlion

Tribute
Reaction score
Then don't go for a beast PC build. You could build a fine PC that can run Minecraft at 60 FPS stable for less than $600. Oh and for Minecraft, you don't need any more than 60 FPS.

Reaction score
Then don't go for a beast PC build. You could build a fine PC that can run Minecraft at 60 FPS stable for less than $600. Oh and for Minecraft, you don't need any more than 60 FPS.
I used to believe that too, but the horrible structure of the game makes 60 fps seem like they are not enough. And also the computer needs to have stable 60 fps (or more), because minecraft does a lot of unsuspected sht.

Snowlion

Tribute
Reaction score
I used to believe that too, but the horrible structure of the game makes 60 fps seem like they are not enough. And also the computer needs to have stable 60 fps (or more), because minecraft does a lot of unsuspected sht.
Well I run 60 FPS and it looks fine for me. And yes, Minecraft does a lot of unexpected stuff but the game will always ALWAYS have random lag spikes every now and then for EVERYONE, no matter how powerful their computers are. But your monitor also comes in. If it only has a refresh rate of 60 Hertz, then you simply cannot go over that. Even though your game says 500 FPS, you're only seeing 60 FPS.
P.S. 60 Hertz monitor is like the most common one.

LukeTheCat

Survivor
Reaction score
I just figured out that my mom gets a huge discount since she works at Intel. I can get i7 4770k with a motherboard for $360, can anyone make me a build where everything is cheap, and leave out the CPU and motherboard?
Is your budget still $600? There's no point buying a bundle that costs almost $400 leaving you only $200 for everything else. If you're aren't able to up your budget to $800+, buying the bundle will be a waste of your money. By the way, that's not really a huge discount for an i7 bundle, there are similarly priced 4790k bundles available at Microcenter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I run 60 FPS and it looks fine for me. And yes, Minecraft does a lot of unexpected stuff but the game will always ALWAYS have random lag spikes every now and then for EVERYONE, no matter how powerful their computers are. But your monitor also comes in. If it only has a refresh rate of 60 Hertz, then you simply cannot go over that. Even though your game says 500 FPS, you're only seeing 60 FPS.
P.S. 60 Hertz monitor is like the most common one.
Yea I have a 60 Hertz monitor, but I feel it's just fine. Although I'm not going to be an ignorant and say that anything over 60 Hertz is useless because "people can't see over 60 fps"

Exult

Survivor
Reaction score
Just get your geek friend to pick parts for you. Or at leat that's what I did ^_^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci