• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Building with MC Blueprint- Your Involvement

Which form of involvement should we allow?

• Total voters

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Hai. SuperxAndrew and I thought it would be beneficial to involve the community's ideas and opinions in our new team's (MC Blueprint) maps. We would like feedback on which form we should involve you guys in.

Here's the options-

1. Livestream- We would have building sessions where viewers could watch a stream of us building. During this, you can provide feedback that you think would benefit the map. Ex.- Have "Insert place here" a tad bit flatter to improve pvp around "Insert area here". That being said, some things can't be changed. We're simply looking for opinions.
-Pros: It's live so you can ask to view a certain area to get an in-depth look.
-Cons: Times of streaming may not be suited for certain time zones. This would leave people out of the loop.
-Keep in mind that it might be possible for us to upload the streamed footage to YouTube as well.

2. YouTube Videos- This would be similar to Vareide's "Let's Build SG7" series. We would film parts of the construction of our map and you guys can comment on certain parts.
-Pros: Anyone can watch it and provide feedback at any time before the map is completed.
-Cons: If you wish to see certain parts closer, it may not be shown in the video.

If anyone thinks of another possible form of involvement, please suggest it. Thanks!

T

TenguTime

Yeah I think recorded livestreams is the way to go Tree c;
✝ℯη❡ü

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I realize that this is us asking the community, but I thought I would go ahead and add my opinions here as well.

Personally, I do want to go with what the community thinks in the end; however, at the moment I would want to do YouTube videos. Here is why:

-we would be able to better edit them and possible attract people outside this community to our team by making the videos nice (good videos=more viewers, right?)
-there would still be plenty of opportunities to involve viewers (you guys) without a stream, and, thus doing so, we would be able to make the videos nicer than a stream

Like I said, I ultimately want what ever is the "popular demand", but also wanted to share what I was as thinking too. These are just my thoughts, tell me what you guys think.

Reactions: Yin

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
If you want your map to get more feedback, YouTube is the way to go, but if you want more fan interaction, try Twitch. It's up to you.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I think an optimal situation would be a mix of both. Occasionally we could live stream the building of important areas of the map (ex. corn, a town etc.), but we could also do edited videos for youtube showing off smaller details and/or give well done overviews of map areas. Of course, the yt videos would be far shorter than the twitch streams so they could potentially appeal to a larger audience. Most importantly though, we should use both platforms in some way (not necessarily the way I have suggested to use them) so that we can try to get as much feedback as possible on our maps.

ChandlersMc

Survivor
Reaction score
Hai. SuperxAndrew and I thought it would be beneficial to involve the community's ideas and opinions in our new team's (MC Blueprint) maps. We would like feedback on which form we should involve you guys in.

Here's the options-

1. Livestream- We would have building sessions where viewers could watch a stream of us building. During this, you can provide feedback that you think would benefit the map. Ex.- Have "Insert place here" a tad bit flatter to improve pvp around "Insert area here". That being said, some things can't be changed. We're simply looking for opinions.
-Pros: It's live so you can ask to view a certain area to get an in-depth look.
-Cons: Times of streaming may not be suited for certain time zones. This would leave people out of the loop.
-Keep in mind that it might be possible for us to upload the streamed footage to YouTube as well.

2. YouTube Videos- This would be similar to Vareide's "Let's Build SG7" series. We would film parts of the construction of our map and you guys can comment on certain parts.
-Pros: Anyone can watch it and provide feedback at any time before the map is completed.
-Cons: If you wish to see certain parts closer, it may not be shown in the video.

If anyone thinks of another possible form of involvement, please suggest it. Thanks!
the second idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci