• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bukkit Development Discussion

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Hello all!

I was browsing the forums and noticed a surprising lack of threads and discussion about coding or development, even about Bukkit! So I thought I'd start up a thread and see who here has experience with Java and Bukkit, and also create a place for newcomers to Java and Bukkit to ask questions and get immersed in the language. Here is the place to ask questions, post issues or suggestions, show off something you're proud of, or things such as IDE's and updates to Java.

Also, here's my GitHub page and here's my gists of random code of mine over the last year.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. I am currently learning Java and am a beginner/intermediate in Python.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm experienced with Java but I wouldn't have a clue on how to create a minecraft plugin :oops:

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
I'm planning to learn Java. You need a lot of free time for that. You need to spend your free time for that,too. But once you learn that you have profit , I promise you :3

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I once read up to the 100th page of Java For Dummies, and created this text thing that said "I like pie" After that I got too lazy to read the rest of the book. xD

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
If you're planning to ever learn Java, here's a tip:
Learn it right now. You're not going to get anywhere by procrastinating.
It doesn't matter if your dad is going to teach you next month or next holidays; you need to get working now.
Java is quite an easy language to learn, although there is literally heaps to it. Don't ever plan to know everything about Java, plan to learn as much as you can.

So get out your IDE's, and start typing!

also use bukkit.jar not craftbukkit.jar on bukkit plugins

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci