• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[BUKKIT] Mapmaking - A lightweight plugin to assist mapmakers

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi there,

When a player makes a Survival Games map, there are challenges that arise out of it; 'how do I make a dome?' or 'how do I make podiums?' and a lot of us are sick of seeing these questions asked over and over again. This plugin is an innovation of standard techniques used to create aspects of survival games arenas. For example, Mapmaking's dome command does not cut through blocks.

Mapmaking

This is an extremely lightweight (2.9kb) BUKKIT PLUGIN to make parts of making a Survival Games map easier.

Commands:
/dome <radius>: Creates a dome with the radius specified (Without cutting through the ground!). Make sure you have enough RAM for the process!

Permissions (Bukkit):
Mapmaking is a very lightweight plugin, and as such it does not use any permissions. Any person with OP or * privileges can use the commands specified above.

Permissions (Legal):
Mapmaking can be used for whatever purpose you want to use it for; regardless of whether that is a survival games map, or something entirely different. You do not have to give me any credit for this, but I will not accept someone else taking credit for this plugin. Thank you c:

Download:
http://adf.ly/lXjwn

Setup:
Simply place this plugin into your plugins folder.
YOU WILL NEED A BUKKIT SERVER.

Upcoming Features:
/podiums <id> <radius>: Will create a podium layout using the block id and radius given.

ya ty 4 read

Last edited:

Deformed

Experienced
Reaction score
So how exactly does the dome look? Does it just stop before the ground and not slice through it, or is it something different?

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Does this only work on flat terrain, or would the dome still work with already terraformed maps?

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Can you make a undo command? ;p

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Oh, wow, a plugin for the domes! :eek: This is an amazing idea!

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Sure :3 it will only work for the previous command though.
When I make a dome it creates the dome and then a smaller one inside the big dome. So it's like a massive glass ball in the middle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci