• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES California

Would You Like This Map To Be Added/Like it?

• Yes, I love it, I want it added!

Votes: 145 50.3%
  • I wouldn't mind it be added, Its good!

Votes: 64 22.2%
  • Meh, not that keen on it, wouldn't enjoy playing on the servers

Votes: 44 15.3%
  • Tbh, I hate it.

Votes: 35 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Helix

Praise Helix
Reaction score

Name Of Map:

Survival Games California

Lead Builder/Build Team Name:
MCGamerzism & Niekrm/Helix Build Team

Game Type:
Survival Games

Description Of The Map:
SG California, the map is obviously based upon the popular american state, specifically LA. The map is split into 3 parts, East is the Neighborhood, North, the city, shops markets and finally south which is the beaches and resort. Typical California!

Builders:
Server Hosters:
WagtailDP and Th0rnfire
Project leaders: Niekrm and MCGamerzism
Helpers and Builders:
GhostRider_RS
xCiicoHD
BrandonStorm1
TheBlueFlygon
Ice_Man1
Obitofan123
Flames1128
Tommychef123
Overlord547
Carson252
Wyz_Guy
Unknown_HD
vincent37200
GhananBoy
Otto101

Video/ScreenShots

Cords Of Corn and
Death match Arena:

Corn: x: 2072
y:22
z: 354
DeathMatch:

Features
  • 198x198 Radius.​
  • Plenty of flatland for PvP.​
  • Includes 3 segments, Downtown, Neighbourhood and the beach.​
  • Built Non-realistic houses of ChadTheDJ, ThatOneTomahawk and SixZoSeven and Dave's Soon to be house :p.​
  • Built the MCGamer's office.​
  • Some staff and community IGN's as number plates and shops. We also added heads of members from the community.​
  • Popular shops such as Applestore, Tacobell, Jamba Juice, Yogurtland, TopShop, Target and Walmart!​
Progress Videos:
Playlist of all the videos we've done of SG California, if your interested in seeing how its dramatically changed over the course of 3-4 months
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?action_edit=1&list=PLztI8t9ABv-RfFl6hFwMV5rU1JbsIGfFT

We, MCGamerzism and Niekrm of Helix if applicable agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.​

Last edited:

Team Helix

Praise Helix
Reaction score
A official logo type graphic will be created as well as a trailer once we get MCGamerzism's to organize everything! Also, Ariel views of the whole map will be put up once minor details are finished :D

Loudv2

Survivor
Reaction score
uhm I live in cali so I guess I have to like it.
First Impressions:

- The terrain is very diverse, and most of the trees are well built. But some of the larger ones are derpy with a large base and a small top.
- The builds are a bit too blocky, It looks like it would be a map that roxbot uses for their pvp zone.
- The corn isn't "urban" enough for an all round urban based state.
- I would consider revamping the park as this is the standout ruin point. The trees are awful, and the terraforming is gross.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice build, looks a little small for an sg map though o.o
It's 200 radius, i did put my FOV on normal before i took screenies doe
uhm I live in cali so I guess I have to like it.
First Impressions:

- The terrain is very diverse, and most of the trees are well built. But some of the larger ones are derpy with a large base and a small top.
- The builds are a bit too blocky, It looks like it would be a map that roxbot uses for their pvp zone.
- The corn isn't "urban" enough for an all round urban based state.
- I would consider revamping the park as this is the standout ruin point. The trees are awful, and the terraforming is gross.
despite some of your harsh words, thank you, we'll take your points in consideration, however just remember, no one in the build team who made this map ever lived in california/been there, which made it hard to survive of images :/

Last edited by a moderator:

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong- this is definitely one of the better submissions, but I don't think the general quality of the builds / layout is quite up to scratch. Sorry, just my opinion :(

Loudv2

Survivor
Reaction score
despite some of your harsh words, thank you, we'll take your points in consideration, however just remember, no one in the build team who made this map ever lived in california/been there, which made it hard to survive of images :/
Oh I'm sorry I was honestly struggling to find words that I could use that weren't bad but I couldn't. Its a good map, but see this map resembles one or two cities this one in particular looks like San Diego to me. Cscoop. As I stated up above its a good map, but not particularly for SG Gametype. Before it will ever be implemented into MCSG add more detail into all your builds, use blocks that are different but go well together. I saw target in the screenshots which looked like it was 90% quartz. GL in the future.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry I was honestly struggling to find words that I could use that weren't bad but I couldn't. Its a good map, but see this map resembles one or two cities this one in particular looks like San Diego to me. Cscoop. As I stated up above its a good map, but not particularly for SG Gametype. Before it will ever be implemented into MCSG add more detail into all your builds, use blocks that are different but go well together. I saw target in the screenshots which looked like it was 90% quartz. GL in the future.
Understood, The buildings have always been a problem, however, we tried to make it realistic, so when i look at california, I don;t see a particular theme, there all different buildings. However, I see when you implement it into a SG map, it doesn't suite it, this is possibly one of the biggest problems with our map, we will be changing the builds dramatically to try and suite it as a SG map :D Is that what you mean? And, I really would't compare it too other cities
Don't get me wrong- this is definitely one of the better submissions, but I don't think the general quality of the builds / layout is quite up to scratch. Sorry, just my opinion :(
Thank you :) I do believe we have understood what makes a successful SG map, I also understand that the layout is not the best, this is probably our most 2nd biggest problem, and we really cant do much, we will be shifting things around if that is the case :)

xGGw10XV3

Experienced
Reaction score
Screw what people say, Gizm. You can take points into consideration, just remember, your build team is quite recent and not everyone will be a professional builder. This map is good and it deserves to be added. Your build team worked hard on it and I witnessed it, in your vids. Good luck! (I voted yes btw)

xGG

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Screw what people say, Gizm. You can take points into consideration, just remember, your build team is quite recent and not everyone will be a professional builder. This map is good and it deserves to be added. Your build team worked hard on it and I witnessed it, in your vids. Good luck! (I voted yes btw)

xGG
awwww ty babe <3 You are officially a well known member of Gizm's baes <3 Welcome aboard :p :D

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see why people are hating this map. I genuinely love it! I think it would be great to play mcsg on!!! I know you have all worked extremely hard on it and I think it deserves to get considered and maybe onto mcsg! Good job guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci