• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Cannon Can Be Heard In The Distance"

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
I really don't like the new death message in the new MCSG V2, It tells you excactly who died now.

I want the original A Cannon Can Be Heard In The Distance, and also remove the message when someone leaves, too.

This adds a lot more realism, and it can mess with people too. People will be looking for their teammate that isn't alive anymore.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I miss this too, hopefully it will be put back in, but I don't think it really matters who leaves.

Drybear1998

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In the Real Hunger Games book/movie they were able to see who died. I kinda like this new system :)

Reaction score
In the Real Hunger Games book/movie they were able to see who died. I kinda like this new system :)
No, they weren't.
The system in the book and movie was as followed. A tribute dies, a cannon is set off. If multiple people fight at once, they wait til' the fighting dies down and blast the cannon as many times as the amount of tributes who've died. They don't tell them who died. At every evening, the Capitol anthem plays, and the faces and districts of the dead are projected into the sky. We used to use the same/similar system.

I agree with Sir Royal, though. You shouldn't be told who dies. It clutters the chat, and kills what could be an interesting gameplay aspect. It would obviously work best if they managed to remove all names from the tab menu, which should be possible. They already block the spectator names from the tab menu. This would add a small, but interesting new layer of gameplay, and add a use for the "These tributes have passed" message that displays upon refill. Even if they can't remove the names from tab (which I doubt) I'd like for them to remove the "_____ Tribute has fallen" Messages from chat.

Drybear1998

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No, they weren't.
The system in the book and movie was as followed. A tribute dies, a cannon is set off. If multiple people fight at once, they wait til' the fighting dies down and blast the cannon as many times as the amount of tributes who've died. They don't tell them who died. At every evening, the Capitol anthem plays, and the faces and districts of the dead are projected into the sky. We used to use the same/similar system.

I agree with Sir Royal, though. You shouldn't be told who dies. It clutters the chat, and kills what could be an interesting gameplay aspect. It would obviously work best if they managed to remove all names from the tab menu, which should be possible. They already block the spectator names from the tab menu. This would add a small, but interesting new layer of gameplay, and add a use for the "These tributes have passed" message that displays upon refill. Even if they can't remove the names from tab (which I doubt) I'd like for them to remove the "_____ Tribute has fallen" Messages from chat.
I guess I don't really remember what happend then :p Oh well, I still like this new feature.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think they knew who died until midnight, but i haven't watched or read Hunger Games in over a year.

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
I loved it. It just saves the trouble of hitting /list every death

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I miss is because i remember how suspenseful it would be

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads