• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cannot Connect to any of the Servers

Little_Death

Survivor
Reaction score
So I've been off MCSG for a realllly long time. Probably a year or two if my memory serves me right. My friend and I want to get back into it and for some reason whenever I attempt to connect to a server, I get an error. My Minecraft client says, "connecting to server," and then a few seconds later says, "unknown host" as if the server doesn't even exist.

Yes, I am using the correct IPs and I have tried many different IPs. I am using the normal vanilla Minecraft Client and have tried reinstalling multiple times. Anyone that can help me as soon as possible deserves a big hug, so please help me. :)

treble_maker07

Spectator
Reaction score
i cant even get onto a server! i go into servers, there is a list of servers, but how do i get onto a server to play a game of hungercraft?!?!?!?!

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
So I've been off MCSG for a realllly long time. Probably a year or two if my memory serves me right. My friend and I want to get back into it and for some reason whenever I attempt to connect to a server, I get an error. My Minecraft client says, "connecting to server," and then a few seconds later says, "unknown host" as if the server doesn't even exist.

Yes, I am using the correct IPs and I have tried many different IPs. I am using the normal vanilla Minecraft Client and have tried reinstalling multiple times. Anyone that can help me as soon as possible deserves a big hug, so please help me. :)
Here
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/cant-resolve-hostname-fix.17539/

MCSG hasn't been here for 2 years...
i cant even get onto a server! i go into servers, there is a list of servers, but how do i get onto a server to play a game of hungercraft?!?!?!?!
You have to buy minecraft.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The guide usually fixes it. You need to change your DNS servers to OpenDNS because MCSG uses SRV records..

Little_Death

Survivor
Reaction score
Well it's been a day and now I'm getting a different error. It says "Connection timed out: connect."

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting your minecraft? Every time I get an error like that all I have to do is reboot it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci