• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can't reach a single server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noepje

Survivor
Reaction score
I played some minecraft yesterday with some mods.
But when I try to connect to a server now, I "Can't reach the server".

And this litteraly for every server in my server list, people that I know are playing on that servers right now.
Just a note: There are about 40+ servers in my serverlist. So it's not serverside..

If someone can help me with this, that would be great!

And btw, I tried force updating minecraft.
Oh and logging in is not a problem, singleplayer also works fine, it's just connecting to servers.

And yes, I do know that this forum is not really for these problems, but I thought maybe someone else once had this..?

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a local firewall enabled? Router firewall?
Is port 25565 (TCP) blocked with outbound connections? Are you able to connect to a server with a non-standard port?
Does Java have permissions in Windows Firewall to use your network(s)? (This is a rather common problem...)

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Nah, the hamachi bug usually gives you 'Can't Resolve Hostname'. My experience, might be different for you.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I played some minecraft yesterday with some mods.
But when I try to connect to a server now, I "Can't reach the server".

And this litteraly for every server in my server list, people that I know are playing on that servers right now.
Just a note: There are about 40+ servers in my serverlist. So it's not serverside..

If someone can help me with this, that would be great!

And btw, I tried force updating minecraft.
Oh and logging in is not a problem, singleplayer also works fine, it's just connecting to servers.

And yes, I do know that this forum is not really for these problems, but I thought maybe someone else once had this..?
40 servers in your server list?
I suggest trying a second client, a fresh one, and then add the servers back one by one, testing to see if you connect well to them each time. For some reason, up until one day when I reinstalled optifine, I had no issues no matter how many servers I had in my server list, but then all of a sudden, if I had more than one server in my server list, it would sometimes be doing so many tasks at once (checking connection to all the different servers, etc.) that it just gives up on all of them and says "can't reach server". Removing all but one was the only way to fix it for me sadly...I dunno what other solutions there are, or what caused it for me. (Wasn't 1.3 and lan stuff - I had no issues for weeks after that was added to Minecraft. It just came out of nowhere...)

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
My server list is AU servers, Project Ares servers and mcinfected. Not that filling, but I'd suggest trying G33ke's suggestion.

Noepje

Survivor
Reaction score
Have hamachi? Delete it!
Yeah I already read that somewhere, so I uninstalled that, still the same..

40 servers in your server list?
I suggest trying a second client, a fresh one, and then add the servers back one by one, testing to see if you connect well to them each time. For some reason, up until one day when I reinstalled optifine, I had no issues no matter how many servers I had in my server list, but then all of a sudden, if I had more than one server in my server list, it would sometimes be doing so many tasks at once (checking connection to all the different servers, etc.) that it just gives up on all of them and says "can't reach server". Removing all but one was the only way to fix it for me sadly...I dunno what other solutions there are, or what caused it for me. (Wasn't 1.3 and lan stuff - I had no issues for weeks after that was added to Minecraft. It just came out of nowhere...)
Tried removing my servers.dat, and connecting to eu1.mcsg.in > still nothing..

Do you happen to have a local firewall enabled? Router firewall?
Is port 25565 (TCP) blocked with outbound connections? Are you able to connect to a server with a non-standard port?
Does Java have permissions in Windows Firewall to use your network(s)? (This is a rather common problem...)
Will try all of those things!

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Hammer your router, always works! (Seriously, don't).
Ok, so nothing seems to work. Which is quite odd, can you connect to any other servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci