• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can't reach server? (all servers)

BobfromHolland

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a problem connecting to the MCSG servers because of my DNS settings, it used to say 'can't resolve hostname'. I fixed my DNS settings, but now it says "can't reach server'', with every single MCSG server I try (every region)! Other servers still work, however.

Minecraft is updated (1.5.1). I have Windows 8 and gigabit internet.
I have Hamachi installed but it's not running.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the right ips. And try to completely uninstall hamachi. Sorry, but that's all the tips I can give you...

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
First:
U dont need Hamachi to Connect to the MCSG Servers

Second:
Fix ( - es ) for your problem
- Update your minecraft, to do this click options in the minecraft launcher and then klick Force Update, it can also help if u delete your .minecraft folder, Warning! if you want to save your singleplayer worlds and saved server, first go into you .minecraft folder and pull out the saves folder, these are your singleplayer worlds, then go in the bin folder and open your minecraft.jar ( use a program like winrar to open it, dont know what winrar is? look for a tutorial on youtube ) then also pull out the servers.dat , these are your saved server [ By the way you reach the .minecraft Folder like this: click windows key and r, then it opens a field, type %appdata% and then there is your .minecraft folder ], remember where you put the saves and the server.dat file. then Force Update your minecraft, go back in .minecraft folder and replace the saves folder, make sure that you first delete the old, then do the same with the servers.dat file

-another way is that you restart computer and your Internet-Router

if that doesnt work write another comment, then ill give you some other possibilities to fix it, but this is the reason in the most cases!

i hope that this / me can help you

BobfromHolland

Spectator
Reaction score
It is still not working *sad face*. I initially had Hamachi to connect to my friends server, but I uninstalled it. I also re-installed Java. And did as you said; I deleted the .minecraft folder.

Still the same problem: direct connect/ add server both don't work with the MCSG servers. (mc-hg.com still works)

I also restarted my computer, I'll try and restart my router.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
It is still not working *sad face*. I initially had Hamachi to connect to my friends server, but I uninstalled it. I also re-installed Java. And did as you said; I deleted the .minecraft folder.

Still the same problem: direct connect/ add server both don't work with the MCSG servers. (mc-hg.com still works)

I also restarted my computer, I'll try and restart my router.
wait, if u can connect to the other server its not your router

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First:
U dont need Hamachi to Connect to the MCSG Servers

Second:
Fix ( - es ) for your problem
- Update your minecraft, to do this click options in the minecraft launcher and then klick Force Update, it can also help if u delete your .minecraft folder, Warning! if you want to save your singleplayer worlds and saved server, first go into you .minecraft folder and pull out the saves folder, these are your singleplayer worlds, then go in the bin folder and open your minecraft.jar ( use a program like winrar to open it, dont know what winrar is? look for a tutorial on youtube ) then also pull out the servers.dat , these are your saved server [ By the way you reach the .minecraft Folder like this: click windows key and r, then it opens a field, type %appdata% and then there is your .minecraft folder ], remember where you put the saves and the server.dat file. then Force Update your minecraft, go back in .minecraft folder and replace the saves folder, make sure that you first delete the old, then do the same with the servers.dat file

-another way is that you restart computer and your Internet-Router

if that doesnt work write another comment, then ill give you some other possibilities to fix it, but this is the reason in the most cases!

i hope that this / me can help you
Venkin goes full Duck :)
He said he already did that and it just changed to error message.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
Yeah I did change this: ''The servers you should set your DNS servers to are: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220''

Not quite, I know how to do most things (I believe) concerning Minecraft et cetera, but everything I try just doesn't work.
have you ever connectet to a mscg server, i mean could you ever rech one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci