• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Can't Resolve Hostname FIX*

Status
Not open for further replies.

furys shot

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about? The link I put takes you straight to a guide, and you don't need to login to anything.
Hey! If you guys are having the unknown host issue, and you are sure that you have the IP typed in 100% correct, you may be having local DNS issues.

Follow this guide: https://store.opendns.com/setup/

Disclaimer: Minecraft Survival Games claims no responsibilities to third party materials, following the guide means that you take full responsibility for any issues that it causes.

~Thanks to MrMark for the original guide over at TIMV

The servers you should set your DNS servers to are: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

This worked for me, and as I was not having the issue before 1.4.2 as has happened to most I assume that this should work for most of you. If it doesn't please post here so we can work together to figure this out.

(update) Added IPs of the DNS servers, thanks Sub
is it free to do this?

Reaction score
Hi, So I used this a long time ago and it fixed it but for some reason a similar problem has risen. When I input the DNS server manually it now restricts me from Internet access completely. It should not make a difference as the server that I am manually imputing is the same as the server which is used on my router control panel. This MCSG server is the only one which causes this problem, so I guess you would know how to resolve it?

Waa432

Spectator
Reaction score
It didnt work. It says "Connection refused: connect" every time I try to play. This isnt caused by the same stupid reasons other people are having, im not an idiot, as ive done everything possible to fix this. However im not too bright about how minecraft servers run so I dont know what this problem is about. Also its oNLY on MCSG. I blame NCP.

Reaction score
It didnt work. It says "Connection refused: connect" every time I try to play. This isnt caused by the same stupid reasons other people are having, im not an idiot, as ive done everything possible to fix this. However im not too bright about how minecraft servers run so I dont know what this problem is about. Also its oNLY on MCSG. I blame NCP.
This problem has been occurring continuously and it is really annoying. I came to the bottom of my problem but it was completely irrelevant to what was being caused and should not have made any difference. The MCSG servers need to stop 'upgrading' and actually fix the problems that are there in the first place.

Waa432

Spectator
Reaction score
This problem has been occurring continuously and it is really annoying. I came to the bottom of my problem but it was completely irrelevant to what was being caused and should not have made any difference. The MCSG servers need to stop 'upgrading' and actually fix the problems that are there in the first place.
What was causing it?

Reaction score
What was causing it?
I am not too sure tbh. My dad had upgraded the firmware on our router which should have nothing to do with Minecraft, yet when we downgraded the problem seemed to be resolved. As regarding the OpenDNS server setup they are providing it would be interesting to see what their response we be to hear the all that does is override the DNS server that is in your router. In my circumstance the DNS Server IPs in my router are the same as the ones they told us to type in manually. I would be interested to know from a Mod or Admin what difference this makes as I am sure that it should not have any significance.

Waa432

Spectator
Reaction score
I am not too sure tbh. My dad had upgraded the firmware on our router which should have nothing to do with Minecraft, yet when we downgraded the problem seemed to be resolved. As regarding the OpenDNS server setup they are providing it would be interesting to see what their response we be to hear the all that does is override the DNS server that is in your router. In my circumstance the DNS Server IPs in my router are the same as the ones they told us to type in manually. I would be interested to know from a Mod or Admin what difference this makes as I am sure that it should not have any significance.
And you where (or are) having the same problem as me?

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with any technical questions, I don't know any of that stuff. All I know is this solved my problem, and a few other people's problems, and thats what matters.

Waa432

Spectator
Reaction score
I am not really sure, could you describe the problem that you are/were having ?
Whenever I try to connect to ANY MCSG server right when the server opens after restarting, it will start logging me in, however it will stop and an error saying "Connection refused: connect" will pop up. Its only on MCSG btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci