• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Check Often] [WIP] Nature's Wrath. (Possibly Temporary Name)

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
[SCRAPPED/DEAD PROJECT.]

Sorry, I longer have interest in this project, MCSG simply isn't that fun for me anymore and I had high doubts of it being accepted anyways, especially with the high map pool and all already. Of course, I backed everything up (including the post) if I ever decide to continue it again.

Last edited:

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I like where you're going with this :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think you have a neat idea here. Wile it looks really cool, as you mentioned... Mountains can be really annoying. Especially a giant mountain. While I don't think you would just straight scrap the map or anything, it needs some adjustment to be easy to play (not that the map should be an easy one to win on; I think it needs to be a bit easier to get around.) Things I think would be good is having a larger valley or two to serve as a hotspot, mountain passes or maybe a tunnel or something to make getting through at least some of the mountains simpler, and making the map a tad bit smaller.

Your corn idea seems good. Maybe you could make it half in a mountain, half out and hanging off the mountain with water under the hanging side?

I think in terms of chest placement, I think the map should be a little sparse (but not too sparse; people don't like that) and tier 2s should be in tough to get areas (like a mountaintop for example) or in a few major structures (such as one in my hypothetical valley).

I've kinda taken an interest in your project... I'll see if I might be able to help. I probably should ask because I'm in a build team and were doing something now, so if I can help, I might not be able to get back to you for a bit.

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
I think you have a neat idea here. Wile it looks really cool, as you mentioned... Mountains can be really annoying. Especially a giant mountain. While I don't think you would just straight scrap the map or anything, it needs some adjustment to be easy to play (not that the map should be an easy one to win on; I think it needs to be a bit easier to get around.) Things I think would be good is having a larger valley or two to serve as a hotspot, mountain passes or maybe a tunnel or something to make getting through at least some of the mountains simpler, and making the map a tad bit smaller.

Your corn idea seems good. Maybe you could make it half in a mountain, half out and hanging off the mountain with water under the hanging side?

I think in terms of chest placement, I think the map should be a little sparse (but not too sparse; people don't like that) and tier 2s should be in tough to get areas (like a mountaintop for example) or in a few major structures (such as one in my hypothetical valley).

I've kinda taken an interest in your project... I'll see if I might be able to help. I probably should ask because I'm in a build team and were doing something now, so if I can help, I might not be able to get back to you for a bit.
Oh no worries, this is simply the base of the map I'm building off of. Take it as like you've started a brand new vanilla world.. Except.. It's mountains. I'm currently working on a pretty cool cave system, which will run through the mountains. I'm posting a video showcasing the world in a bit.

I've added a temporary forest to spice it up a bit, it's incredibly dull and is only a placeholder to see if a forest is fit for it or not.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks quite ambitions; good luck with this project! I like where it's going :3

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Ah fancy, I'm assuming you're using world machine, this is what we did for most of our maps, it gives some really nice base terraforming, but some areas do need to be neatened up, at least that's what we found. We also tended to do mountains by hand, we could never get WM ones the correct size.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea, seems like its gonna be a ton of work ;p

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a brilliant concept, can't wait to see it finished.

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
I know, I know, this is an old project but I have important news.

I'm going to try and pick this project back up again, I still have the map. With 1.8 a lot of new features have been added, and since I have a LOT more experience than I did previously, I will start the map again.

I'm first working on the corn area, which will be a bowl shape half-submerged in the mountain. I've also worked on terraforming the land to make it more navigable and made the beach areas easier to walk around.

Underneath the surface is also a cave system, although for now it's only on the southern mountain range. Complete with random pits of lava, stalactites, and very rough terrain.

I've also extended the borders a bit and made a more natural border around the arena. I'll upload some pictures soon enough. Wish me luck!

The forest is gone, it looked way too out of place. Still experimenting with things to fill in the empty plots of land.

Also, if anyone wants to contribute their own time into the project, let me know on steam: Renegade Doggie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci