• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chests not re-filling

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
Only happens on the SG2 map as far as I'm aware, but it's seriously annoying, I came across like 20 odd chests all with nothing in them

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
someone else got them before you?

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
someone else got them before you?
No, there are a few chests in SG2 that only have items after the servers are reset. After they're taken in the first game they're always empty afterwards.

Bicentennial_Man

Survivor
Reaction score
I can confirm this, I ran to the room with the pink floor got there before everyone else on at least 5 different occasions nothing in them, the game I just played, during the first night when all chests are meant to have new stuff put in 3 chest still completely empty.

DrewBlu123

Spectator
Reaction score
I've read a similar post before, and the responses were that it wasn't a glitch. It is that items have a 5% chance of spawning in each slot in a chest, sometimes it happens to just not have any items because of the slim chance. Again this is what I read, I am not sure if it is true.

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
I've read a similar post before, and the responses were that it wasn't a glitch. It is that items have a 10% chance of spawning in each slot in a chest, sometimes it happens to just not have any items because of the slim chance. Again this is what I read, I am not sure if it is true.
Seems unlikely I would come across some many chests with nothing in them though, when you consider that on SG1 you pretty much never come across an empty

Llimona

Spectator
Reaction score
I had this happen to me just now. Checked about 5 chests in a really short time span, got the chest refill message and checked them again. All of them were empty both times. I'm positive nobody was around at least after the refill. In my short experience, never had something like this happen on the SG1 map.

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
I had this happen to me just now. Checked about 5 chests in a really short time span, got the chest refill message and checked them again. All of them were empty both times. I'm positive nobody was around at least after the refill. In my short experience, never had something like this happen on the SG1 map.
Yeah, it's really annoying!

Llimona

Spectator
Reaction score
From what I've been observing so far, it seems that if for whatever reason some chests were empty at the beginning of the game, they won't get refilled, so if you were certain you were the first to get there, don't bother re-checking them.

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
From what I've been observing so far, it seems that if for whatever reason some chests were empty at the beginning of the game, they won't get refilled, so if you were certain you were the first to get there, don't bother re-checking them.
I've pretty much given up on SG2, the lag I get on that map is just insane

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This could possibly mean we missed those chests when adding it in the database. So were you in the EU or US servers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci