• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chests - Update - Vote here on future updates

Chest Update

• [DON'T VOTE] Should we change the items in the chests?

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Yes - Winner

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • [DON'T VOTE] Should we make chests random?

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No - Winner

Votes: 39 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mooman219

Platinum
Reaction score
Voting has closed for the chest update. The items will be changed and chests will not be in random locations. The new items are being voted on here.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----​

Also see the possible sponsor update thread here

Voting for this round of updates will end Thursday and the update should be ready by Friday.

I heard players don't get enough input in the server, so I'm putting gameplay updates in the feature suggestion section and letting them be voted on. I hope this helps close the gap between the game and the players. You guys make the community, you all rock :D.
Right now, players talk about how balanced chests are. Here are some possible updates that I will implement into the plugin if the community decides they want them.

Question 1: Should we change the items in the chests?

We have a list of possible items that can show up in chests right now. This update would change that list.

If voted upon, we will take another vote on the items to be placed in chests.

Question 2: Should we make chests random?

Currently, chests stay in static positions, unchanging from game to game. This allows for chests routes to be created and allows more seasoned players to have the upper hand over new players.

If voted upon, we will make the spawning of chests random in the plugin. Some chests will remain permanent depending on the difficulty to reach the chests.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would like to see more 'advanced' items in chests
Things like Ender pearls for escapes or even chases
I also think that random chest locations would be cool as with so many maps being added, there is'nt usually enough time played per map to learn a definite chest route
EDIT : Actually, Now I see the problem with random locations, The hackers with chest finder would have a ridiculous advantage. so yah, DONT CHANGE DEM DAWG.

Lukas Bisket

Career
Reaction score
I think chests should stay static. Chests routes are what i think make the games, finding the best routes, and fighting over them. Right now, this is the only thing that has not made me switch over to other servers...

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Random chest placement gives a huge advantage for people with hacks like chestfinder, and on some maps could make getting enough gear nearly impossible and far too luck based. (Breeze Island, where the average "good" route gives a weapon 70% of the time or less already. >.>) It's an interesting idea, but with the ever-growing hacker count, routes are our only counter to getting better stuff than them. In my opinion, it should stay static. (My routes aren't even that good, I just really think being static is better overall.)

New chest/different chest items? Yes please. Flint and steels are overpowered...and potatoes couldn't hurt. :3

James Lam

Experienced
Reaction score
I really don't like the idea of having randomized chests. It will give a massive advantage to hackers with chestfinder. Usually when a new map a released chestfinder will give hackers an advantage to the point until everyone else has developed their own chest route, but with the randomized chests every game they will have this advantage constantly. Also a couple of maps implemented now need to be nerfed such as Sg1 and Sg2. The pirate ship (6 double tier 2) and the pink house (3 double tier 2) have to be nerfed. Whoever takes over the area usually ends up with very good armour and the resources to make a iron or diamond sword straight off the bat.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, items in chests should change.
I would like to see some awesome stuff happen with the new items. It gives us players a chance to have some variety in our games. Maybe ender pearls? That would be interesting :)

No, chests should not be randomly placed.
I love routes, it makes this server special. I also know that if hackers come on they will have a much higher chance of getting items then us legit players, thus making it so that we legit players have no chance against these hackers. Right now, hackers with chest finder will probably end up finding only tier 1's, but with chests that aren't static, they will be able to find chests which are tier 2 as well. I hope that the chests will NOT be randomized because of this. Hackers will always be here, but by putting random chests, we are just baiting ourselves into a trap in which hackers have full iron armour and a diamond sword, instead of the usual bacca with leather armour and a stone axe.

Matt90008

Experienced
Reaction score
Maybe ender pearls? That would be interesting :)
I would love Enderpearls. They are already balanced because you take damage from using one. You can use it if you get stuck in a hole. Or even use to it get away in a chase if you have enough hearts to do so.

So I think it would be a great idea to add Enderpearls. And ofc Pumpkin pie. :)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
As to the first idea, of new items in chests, I give this a cautious agreement, I would like new items in chests (e.g. Enderpearls, bottles of enchanting, etc.,), but not a rearrangement of the tiers. Having played a few games of the Hive, I have realized that what makes these servers so unique and so much better then other SG servers is the tiers of chests. It allows map makers to build hotspots, for there to be violent battles just for a single chest, and for good gear to be properly rationed. In the Hive, and similar servers, you will find a chain chest plate in the same chest as a wood axe, and this style is for every chest. I, personally, hate that, and think that the tier system that we currently have is one of the best parts of the servers.

To the second idea I give an emphatic no. This is another feature in the hive that I extremely dislike, and I feel that it detracts from the maps. When a mapmaker creates a map, chests are placed in locations to add to the map even more, not just to provide gear. Chest locations make up some of the core gameplay of each of the maps, and to randomize that would be to make each of the maps less unique, and, ultimately much less fun. So I reiterate: NO RANDOMIZED CHESTS.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
With "changing" the list of possible items that can be found in a chest do you mean theres some wich will no longer be there? Or you just mean new add ons to the current list of items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci