• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clan Battle Servers & Ideas

Implement Clan Battle Servers?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not apart of clans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate Clans.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello My name is Tom. I believe that is time for the MCGamer network to implement an automated clan battle system. Many clans have experienced that randy two chat team that gets that stone sword off spawn and targets all of your members hence giving that clan a major disadvantage for the Following Reason.

- The clan isn't on time for their routes which makes them less stacked compared to the other clan who is ready to fight. The opposing clan comes to fight the other clan and wins due to the fact that they simply out gear the other clan who has full leather and the odd clan mate with full iron.

-Kills half the clan which enables the opposing clan to have a numbers advantage, or to be cliche Strength in Numbers.

- That Player with the stone sword kills Clan A’s whole clan. Hence a 1 - 0 win to the opposing team which is an unfair advantage.

The Benefits:

- Randy/Indirect teaming would no longer be a problem.
- A set time would be placed therefore both clans are organised.
- A more private clan battle experience to chest routes, no targetters and best of all a better fair fight.
- The random hacker that is lurking the server that the battle is commencing on is no longer.
- A majority of flame should be avoided.
- Wouldn't affect the players stats/ The players that were in that public server.
- Flame would be at an all time low.
- Random Players killing your clan mates would be another negative factor removed from the clan battle.
- No Randy clans killing off players.
- Spectating would be simplified, and finding a map to play would be so much easier. ( Brndy your "Advantage")

The Disadvantages:

- Clan Staff may not always be their to moderate these clan battles therefore a the battle may not commence as my idea makes their roles compulsory.
- DDOS will still be a factor in clan battles if DDOS occurs.
- Glitches and Bugs are expected to occur if implemented.
- Disrespect May still occur. Thats to be expected.
- This would be a hard challenge for these servers
- Too Many Clan battles for Staff to Handle.

The Clan Staff and their Roles.

- The staff would need to setup the teams (Names, The Numbers on Each team), players within them and the map they choose. (A Possibility)
- The Team Names.
- The staff would need to be at the battles at all times.
- A whitelist would be required.

My ideas on How to run these clan battle servers Automated are:

1)
A Team Plugin would be possibly needed for the clan battle servers be operational.
McGamer Can Create/Download a Team Plugin Shown Here:

https://gyazo.com/d55340518942ae0296821e16c86eb9d5
With the Team plugin the team name would need a filter/rule to stop clans from making abusive names. For example. PlayerOneisPhat, or the (insert Clan name here)=ez. A way around this is for the clan staff to set these clan names for the players.

2)
A lotto draw for the clans if they cant decide who goes 1st in map selection to avoid the fighting.

3)
A command for the team who’s turn is it for map selection to pick the map that they want to play. This would be a nice feature as many clans hop through various lobby trying to find that one map that that clan specifically wants.

4)
Make a Timetable/ time slot that you can book on the forums with reserve placings for the The next 2 clans to be booked if a clan decides to postpone/forfeit. This Idea is mainly based on Hosted Uhc from Reddit, ect. This idea should also be based off the Challenging and Planning Part of the MCGamer clan battle rules found here:
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-global-clan-rules-2015.220841/

5)
These points are based off:
https://gyazo.com/8aadad728e604494284b2060b2f49e40
Where is Says You, It Should say team/clan and under that the clan/team name.
Then the time, date, etc
Server Name
The Number of players fighting: i.e. 5v5
Opposing Team Players: i.e. 3
Your Team Players: Insert number here. i.e. 2

6)
A /ready command by the clan leader to state that they are ready.
A /Rules or a /Agree command to automatically remind the clans of the rules and the punishments if they break the rules.

7)
The 2 backup player rule. These 2 players should be in the lobby clan battle.

8)
If spectating is not allowed make the players stay in a lobby where they cannot view the battle OR Give The players slowness and blindness so no information/whereabouts etc is given which allows a slight advantage.

9) Make it a requirement for a clan staff to referee the battle which will make flame/friction less.

10)

Possible Integration of the party command to join/challenge the opposing party for a clan battle. (Brndy)
/clan scrim/battle i.e. The Ducks

Short Thanks to these Guys:

@snochet65, Thanks for some of your feedback.
Drako, For Helping me place this Thread in the Correct spot and some constructive criticism/Feedback.
brndy Thanks For adding on to the thread,

*Please note/Disclaimer*

This idea has No Originality, Just Reality in my eyes. I am open to Ideas which i will edit and give credit.
I want to target the hosts of clan wars outside mcsg for ideas.
Constructive criticism is welcome.
This will need testing for bugs, faults and Flaws.
Personally I would be amazed if this would be apart of this community.
Sorry for Bad grammar as well.

Thanks For taking the time to read my 1st thread.
~ Tom Au

Last edited:

Brndy

Platinum
Reaction score
- Wouldn't affect the players stats/ The players that were in that public server.
Disagree with this, it should definitely still affect stats.

Also, another pro would be that spectating would be simplified, and finding a map to play would be so much easier - just make the choices Valley, Holiday, Highway, SG4, and TSG2

- A whitelist would be required.
also, a really easy way to combat this would be that two parties could be created and then ./clan battle each other, sending them to a private server with the maps automatically. Maybe someone could also ./spectate clan battle and be sent to one of these servers, and a player in each clan would be kicked 5 seconds after dying from the server to prevent spectating. Each party would be required to have a certain amount of members and the game would not begin until each party/ clan has the same amount of players in the lobby

Tyler

Platinum
Reaction score
A little late for this. This would have been better when the clan community was actually fun and competitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci