• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clans and Communications (Preventing DDoS and Threats)

Should this be implimented into the Clan Rules?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Visolity

Platinum
Reaction score
CLANS AND COMMUNICATION

I have been getting ddosed so many times in the past months because of
Clans. A few past clans that I have faced have gotten mad and ddosed and tryed to dox me. And its annoying. I have been getting hit off for atleast a total of 6 hours a day. And its not fun. Im not pointing anyone out to make things worse on what is going on right now. If i have ever messed up or harmed your clan, im sorry.

Okay, so anyways, for clans, i think you must have teamspeak in order to communicate with the other clan. It should also be done through MCGamer teamspeak, and MCGamer teamspeak only. You may be asking why should we do this...

Theese days its so easy to get peoples IPs through skype and just about anything. Any random person could literally look up "How to get someones IP," and random person could get your IP in seconds. There are even ways to get your IP without downloading something. If you have someone on skype, they can type in your name in a Skype Resolver or Skype IP Tracker, and get your IP.... just using a website.

So what am i saying?...

If we use MCGamers teamspeak for communication it would prevent this.

How?...

So, basically, any threats or anything would all be going through MCGamer teamspeak. If someone is trying to get your IP it will be done through MCGamer teamspeak. Which it would be way harder to get. But in other words, every thing would be going through MCGamer teamspeak, and you wouldnt have to worry so much at all. If are worried or someone gets your IP, its so easy to grab gyazo or upload a photo to imgur.

This would prevent so many ddos threats and attackts and doxing threats and attacks. As i said, this is for communication. So unless someone wants the DDoS or Dox happen without anyone knowing, it would be hard not to leak it. So it would still be easy to contact a mod. And MCGamer teamspeak prevents a lot of hackers and people getting IPs through there teamspeak.

For me as of right now, I am using MCGamer teamspeak for communication. I no longer use my skype unless its for my personal friends. I no longer use my teamspeak or any other way for someone to eaisly get my IP.

RULES THAT SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED INTO CLAN RULES
All communication should be done through MCGamer TeamSpeak and the MCGamer server.
Everyone that is in clans need to have TeamSpeak.

Any comments and feedback will be appreciated. This thread isnt directed to anyone, its just my personal beliefs. Please comment if you do agree with this and say if it would help the toxic and MCGamer community. Once again, i dont intend for any drama or hate.

-Visolity

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
You are on the internet and by communicating with others, you are at risk with these. If you don't want this, I suggest you sticking to solo sg. Clans have their own teamspeaks because it is easier. This thread is pretty pointless because most clans have their own teamspeaks and if they dont, they use skype.

Visolity

Platinum
Reaction score
You are on the internet and by communicating with others, you are at risk with these. If you don't want this, I suggest you sticking to solo sg. Clans have their own teamspeaks because it is easier. This thread is pretty pointless because most clans have their own teamspeaks and if they dont, they use skype.
I know :) But using one TeamSpeak and everyone having access to it would be alot eaiser and could prevent things. At least prevent things to the minimal.

Thank you for creating this thread, I really appreciate that you did this after you experienced it
:) Thanks for helping me eairlier too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Contouring

Platinum
Reaction score
I do agree with you fxr. It is your making because you decide to do clans.

Reaction score
I mean you're talking like this is a serious problem but personally I haven't really ever experienced anyone ddosing me. I mean maybe it's just you. But if you're really concerned about ddosing don't communicate on skype is all you have to do.

Visolity

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean you're talking like this is a serious problem but personally I haven't really ever experienced anyone ddosing me. I mean maybe it's just you. But if you're really concerned about ddosing don't communicate on skype is all you have to do.
Yes, That is true, but once something happens, people will target you through the internet. And people theese days can all get on a teamspeak and get someones IP. But what i am saying, MCGamer can prevent any threats if it is done through MCGamer teamspeak. It helps mainly because MCGamer doesnt accept any evidence unless its on the MCGamer servers (teamspeak, game, etc...)

And yes. Lately for my clan, it has been serious. After every CB, we have been loosing a lot of packets (getting DDoS'd)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Yes, That is true, but once something happens, people will target you through the internet. And people theese days can all get on a teamspeak and get someones IP. But what i am saying, MCGamer can prevent any threats if it is done through MCGamer teamspeak. It helps mainly because MCGamer doesnt accept any evidence unless its on the MCGamer servers (teamspeak, game, etc...)
wait you're saying that people are threatening you on skype?

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
As much as I would love this idea, it just isn't possible.

There are plenty of clans that just don't use Teamspeak as their main form of communication and use others such as Skype and Discord. We can't force users to use the application or our Teamspeak for that matter, however, if you do find this being a popular using the MCG TS as a place to setup battles, if you do not trust the other for some reason.

If you are having issues on this topic, you should look it up on the internet as you will find many guides on how to improve your security on the internet.

Visolity

Platinum
Reaction score
As much as I would love this idea, it just isn't possible.

There are plenty of clans that just don't use Teamspeak as their main form of communication and use others such as Skype and Discord. We can't force users to use the application or our Teamspeak for that matter, however, if you do find this being a popular using the MCG TS as a place to setup battles, if you do not trust the other for some reason.

If you are having issues on this topic, you should look it up on the internet as you will find many guides on how to improve your security on the internet.
Okay. Do you have and reccomendations on preventing ddos and doxing? Because all of this is really getting annoying...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci