• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clearing up the Community Corner [Pinned Threads]

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bonjour,

I realise that a member has already stated his discretion towards this particular topic; however It was shut down instantly. Now, I've noticed that the community corner is becoming filled with a lot of threads that, I believe, offer more support than community purposes. We have all heard of the 'General support' section and shouldn't this be the location of where all the 'Meet the staff' threads are situated? I understand that they offer a sense of togetherness and community, but I see them more of an informative thread that allows new members to discover the staff's personality's and whereabouts. I'm getting rather tired of having to see those ugly 'STAFF' labels beside of each thread and also annoyed at scrolling down to see new topics. Personally, I don't mind 'Open Mic Night' being situated here as it is a community event, I just fail to see the community in 'Meet The Staff' threads and therefore they should be moved to General support.

Another thread that I believe should be moved is the 'All ranks with with descriptions' thread. That thread is the definition of support. Most people who are experienced within MCGamer realise what each rank do... Perhaps not in depth, like the thread goes into, but they still have an understanding. That thread has to be moved as it serves more of a support and new members can be directed there.

This leaves us with the following pinned thread:
  • The faces of MCSG
  • The show yourself thread
  • MCGamer Community focus groups
  • Open Mic. Night
  • Make MCSG better, not worse.
In my opinion, five pinned threads are still too many; but I guess the above threads still include a sense of community unlike the others I have stated.

So, do you agree that the Meet The Staff threads and All ranks with Descriptions threads should be moved to general support? Don't get me wrong, I see the reasons why they have pinned the Meet The Staff threads however they just clutter and some of them are inactive and are beginning to server no purpose...

Plz no h8

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I can see where you are coming from Liam but still the meet the staff threads are there for the community to get to know the staff better and I think this is the appropriate section for them.

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can see where you are coming from Liam but still the meet the staff threads are there for the community to get to know the staff better and I think this is the appropriate section for them.
How about the 'All ranks with descriptions' thread? Surely you too see that as a thread that serves more of a supportive purpose. If I can get one thread moved from that clutter above my thread, I will see that as an accomplishment on my behalf.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
How about the 'All ranks with descriptions' thread? Surely you too see that as a thread that serves more of a supportive purpose. If I can get one thread moved from that clutter above my thread, I will see that as an accomplishment on my behalf.
Yes I can most certainly agree with that one as that is an informative thread.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Mooclan Please inspire this thread with a few words.
Well, there's not much to be said here. I do agree with the points you mentioned in the OP.
I'm getting rather tired of having to see those ugly 'STAFF' labels beside of each thread and also annoyed at scrolling down to see new topics. Personally, I don't mind 'Open Mic Night' being situated here as it is a community event, I just fail to see the community in 'Meet The Staff' threads and therefore they should be moved to General support.

Another thread that I believe should be moved is the 'All ranks with with descriptions' thread. That thread is the definition of support. Most people who are experienced within MCGamer realise what each rank do... Perhaps not in depth, like the thread goes into, but they still have an understanding. That thread has to be moved as it serves more of a support and new members can be directed there.
The Ranks descriptions thread doesn't really seem to mesh with the idea of a "Community Corner", which is supposed to imply a cozy, friendly place. Ranks are more in-game shtuffs.

(Im in a league game, ttyl)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci