• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Code named Quantum is live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
how much is it? I never got platinum for being an ex-mod, and im thinking about getting it.
I believe it is $200 + 8.95 shippin and handling. ChadTheDJ, I may have misread, but this basically stops all DDoS attacks from weak routers and most from strong ones?

MCTeletubbie

Quantum
Reaction score
Umm Chad can you add me on skype @felixthekitty1000 I want to ask some questions. I'm not going to spam you or anything. We'll I have stuff to do. Ttyl bye

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
stops all DDoS attacks from weak routers and most from strong ones?
Not exactly. Fiber gives us a 10Gb connection where we can handle larger busts of packets at once. This will not stop the attacks yet handle it because they are usually less than that.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
I believe it is $200 + 8.95 shippin and handling. ChadTheDJ, I may have misread, but this basically stops all DDoS attacks from weak routers and most from strong ones?
sigh... Looks like I'm going to have to stick with this green name a bit longer.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This is news to me?? Our most expensive rank is $100 (not $1000...). Did they buy platinum 10 times without us knowing? lmao...

When we open up international orders for this package, that is the overall goal as we need to purchase more servers to add his games in. Details soon.
One of your old Moderators, OnlyMathias, spent over 1,000 USD in donations for his friends and himself, if memory serves some of them were back when all ranks were only one month. He was later permanently banned for a thread that he posted after he resigned, thus why he no longer has a donor rank. He has confirmed with me more than once that the amount he spent was indeed four digits.

But w/e, at least most of the donor ranks that he bought were actually used and whatnot, since only he was banned.

It greatly reduces their effects. DDoS is Distributed Denial of Service, meaning it comes from multiple - sometimes hundreds or even thousands - of servers. A simple DoS comes from a single source.
Simply put, it makes all of them have a (hopefully) much smaller impact, but large-scale attacks can still be severely harmful to the network.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Wow I had the chance to buy it, but I didn't have $200. Oh well xD

kairocket

Platinum
Reaction score
Couldnt you make it a ungrade from platinum to quantnum? i want green names plz

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
One of your old Moderators spent over 1,000 USD in donations for his friends and himself, if memory serves some of them were back when all ranks were only one month. He was later permanently banned for a thread that he posted after he resigned, thus why he no longer has a donor rank. He has confirmed with me more than once that the amount he spent was indeed four digits.
https://imgflip.com/i/ajuce

Edit that did not work xD click it if your curious

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
What is this all about? We recently made a huge investment into our US location by purchasing our own hardware for our community! With all of the great things we can do with our new servers, we want to take it 1 step further by adding Fiber-optics to our proxies. Fiber can easily handle our large demand of players & also take the punches better from script kiddies with large DDoS attacks. With this change, we can expect to deliver a better uninterrupted network as we can handle the attacks while supporting a fast connection to our player base in-game and web. We created this exclusive rank to help us pick up the costs.

What you get? A signed shirt from ChadTheDJ + personalized thank you card, a special Code Named Quantum Rank in-game (light green color with matching perks of platinum) and a dedicated server that you name at the datacenter! Only selling 32 of these packages to start and charging for the postage ($200 + $8.95 shipping). Since we are physically mailing items for this rank, we are not giving any special upgrade pricing. International packages may come at a later date.

Purchase now here my completing this form: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/pages/quantum/
30 left
(US orders to start only)

Here are the people to thank for taking advantage of this offer!

Blamph - Server named Blamph's Box
MCTeletubbie - Server named TeleCrewMC

(Will update when more orders come in)
I'd spend $200 just to get a follow from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci