• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Col_StaR's Ask Me Anything!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Philosophical questions. I think yes.
  1. If you could remove one item from it's entire existence, what would it be? (Example: removing all guns or removing all nuclear weapons.)
  2. If you could change anything, but only one thing, about Earth, what would you change?
  3. What defines you?
  4. In your opinion, what makes a "good" friend?
  5. Who decides what morality is?
  6. Where is the line between insanity and creativeness?
  7. Do you even?
  8. Is it more important to be likes or to be respected?
Less philosophy questions, more personal ones.
  1. I know what degree you're getting, but what job do you plan to get once you are older?
  2. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
  3. How many bones have you broken, fractured, or sprained?
  4. What are your religious beliefs?
  5. What is the largest story, essay, or thread you have ever made?
  6. Family? (Not names, that's a bit too personal) :p
Boy I asked you a lot...

Pictures really do say a million words... I kid I kid xD

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
How did you develop such a sense of humor?

Also, post a selfie :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite a lot of info. It's funny how your two degrees in Math and Com Sci are the two career paths I'm most interested in at the time. Seeing as I'm only a freshman in high school, this may change, but they're definitely high on my list. It's nice to see that you're being a little more open about yourself, those facts were interesting :p

Okay, I have tons of questions.

Any specific reasons (that you're willing to share) that kept you so private about a lot of info?

I take it you had little interest in Minecraft when Chad reached his hand out to you. Two years later, has that changed at all? Have you ever considered playing MCSG on your downtime? (That is, when you have it :p)

Ah, here's one that I'd love to discuss with someone, seeing as we're currently studying US economics in the early to mid 20th century. What are your opinions on the current state of the economy. What type of President do you see best fitted for pulling us out of this recession? I've heard that technically speaking, we're in worse shape than Greece. The only thing keeping America going is the people who haven't "given up". What would you do if the American people eventually gave up, or something else happened that would cause us to fold? Honestly, some of these questions I don't even know enough about to have answers for myself, but I'd love to see opinions :p

And of course, what is your favorite color?

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Who has most influenced you the most in your life?

Would ever consider getting a MLP onesie?

Also congrats on 2 years here, and Happy Birthday :)

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
YES you made the thread! Can't wait for your replies to the questions. :D

I am a bit curious for which 3 accomplishments you were able to make, but it didn't surprise me a little that you managed to realize all of them. I might know one of them, which I was extremely happy for that it got through, but not too sure if it's actually one of those 3. You also surprised me a lot mentioning that you almost died twice... be careful bro. And who doesn't love my little pony? ;)

As for my questions:

• As you are my role model, who do you actually look up to?
  • Do you have any future plans or goals that you wish to realize on the MCGamer Network and/or IRL?
  • Are you single or does our Colonel has a crush on someone? ;)

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
When was the first time you started playing minecraft?

Or what is your favorite form of fast food?....
1. I'm an Inf Dev player, but I purchased my own MC Premium account on November 10th, meaning I've account since Alpha 1.2.2.

Fun fact: I unknowingly learned about Minecraft Survival Games before it was even created. Chad and I have a mutual friend, ZombieTracker, who also served as a very early Admin. Some time in 2012, ZombieTracker and I hung out with a bunch of friends in the library during our off periods, and we would play Minecraft together. It was there that he told us about the idea he and Chad were working on an automated survival games system, which would ultimately become MCSG.

2. Burgers and fries. Burger well done, grilled onions. Fries are better well done for that nice crunch; sweet potato fries preferred.

Do u have csgo? If yes what rank? If yes want to play sometime?
I have CS:GO (great game), but I do not play it much if at all. I don't even know my rank anymore, and I gave up competitive playing years ago (I'm too old to deal with being competitive). If I do have a rank, it won't be very high, and I wouldn't mind all that much.

That being said, I was a pretty good CS:S player when CS:S was popular. But Garrysmod always appealed to me more.

How did you become an Admin?

What food do you eat everyday?

What is your favourite drink?
1. Chad put out a request for help on Facebook. I showed him my resume. He interviewed me for the Community Manager position. The Community Manager position was reworked into the existing Admin position, and the rest is history.

2. I don't eat any food every day. It's important to vary your diet.

3. I like soy milk, horchata, root beer, Irn Bru (thanks AlpakaWhacker!), and a nice glass of ice water.

But that being said, I make one heck of a hot chocolate. I worked in an artisan chocolate shop and cafe for 6 years that my mother owned, and we made the best hot chocolate in town.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't self-advertising for dem' scrubs? Just kidd-in (hehhehehh.... .-. )

In all seriousness, what's the inspiration for your IGN?
Self Advertising is for successful people who are tall and beautiful and very rich too.

StaR was my first screenname, which was made from my initials changed around with one letter added and one letter changed. I added Colonel to my name because I'm an Army brat (and because people kept thinking I was a girl, lol).
What mainstream artists do you currently like listening to? :3
None, really. My music tastes aren't mainstream, and I can't even name any contemporary artists. But I don't hate anyone I listen to, so I guess I like listening to everyone.

Fun Fact: supposedly Rebecca Black of, "Friday" fame actually played on our servers, along with her brother. Although she was the brunt of bullying for years, I recently discovered that she has recovered with dignity, and is now an anti-online bullying advocate. I'm proud of her for that.

As for my question, I would love your insight regarding positive improvements relating to MCGamer. If you were to implement one change to the MCGamer Network with no time, money, or developing related restrictions, what would it be?
That's a tough one. I don't like to deal with hypothetical situations, since I am responsible for dealing with real life ones. However, here are a few ideas that I would move towards:
  • The perfect anti-cheat system. Self-explanatory, and would help remove one of the largest and most difficult problems to deal with in competitive gaming.
  • Elevating the clan scene to eSports level. Massive tourneys, cash prizes, organized clans, and enough hype to capitalize on MCSG's competitive element. The cornerstone of this eSports approach would be videos hosted of each game, which would have great commentators, a narrative approach, and high production values. It would be less like, "kids talking while they're playing", and more like a televised sports game.
  • More mini-games and gametypes without losing MCSG's prominence. There is no doubt that MCSG is our bread and butter main attraction, but I think that MC gaming networks are moving away from having a central gametype in exchange for having a wealth of mini-games. In that sense, their approach is to treat their network less like a single videogame and more like a video arcade, and it seems to be paying off.
  • Additional server regions: Japan, South America, Turkey. I think that one of MCG's best asset is our globalization; we have more individual regions than any other network. As such, we can reach out to populations and markets others have not, an untapped human resource. (of course, the threat is segmenting the network's population)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. I'm an Inf Dev player, but I purchased my own MC Premium account on November 10th, meaning I've account since Alpha 1.2.2.

Fun fact: I unknowingly learned about Minecraft Survival Games before it was even created. Chad and I have a mutual friend, ZombieTracker, who also served as a very early Admin. Some time in 2012, ZombieTracker and I hung out with a bunch of friends in the library during our off periods, and we would play Minecraft together. It was there that he told us about the idea he and Chad were working on an automated survival games system, which would ultimately become MCSG.

2. Burgers and fries. Burger well done, grilled onions. Fries are better well done for that nice crunch; sweet potato fries preferred.

I have CS:GO (great game), but I do not play it much if at all. I don't even know my rank anymore, and I gave up competitive playing years ago (I'm too old to deal with being competitive). If I do have a rank, it won't be very high, and I wouldn't mind all that much.

That being said, I was a pretty good CS:S player when CS:S was popular. But Garrysmod always appealed to me more.

1. Chad put out a request for help on Facebook. I showed him my resume. He interviewed me for the Community Manager position. The Community Manager position was reworked into the existing Admin position, and the rest is history.

2. I don't eat any food every day. It's important to vary your diet.

3. I like soy milk, horchata, root beer, Irn Bru (thanks AlpakaWhacker!), and a nice glass of ice water.

But that being said, I make one heck of a hot chocolate. I worked in an artisan chocolate shop and cafe for 6 years that my mother owned, and we made the best hot chocolate in town.
Self Advertising is for successful people who are tall and beautiful and very rich too.

StaR was my first screenname, which was made from my initials changed around with one letter added and one letter changed. I added Colonel to my name because I'm an Army brat (and because people kept thinking I was a girl, lol).

None, really. My music tastes aren't mainstream, and I can't even name any contemporary artists. But I don't hate anyone I listen to, so I guess I like listening to everyone.

Fun Fact: supposedly Rebecca Black of, "Friday" fame actually played on our servers, along with her brother. Although she was the brunt of bullying for years, I recently discovered that she has recovered with dignity, and is now an anti-online bullying advocate. I'm proud of her for that.

That's a tough one. I don't like to deal with hypothetical situations, since I am responsible for dealing with real life ones. However, here are a few ideas that I would move towards:
  • The perfect anti-cheat system. Self-explanatory, and would help remove one of the largest and most difficult problems to deal with in competitive gaming.
  • Elevating the clan scene to eSports level. Massive tourneys, cash prizes, organized clans, and enough hype to capitalize on MCSG's competitive element. The cornerstone of this eSports approach would be videos hosted of each game, which would have great commentators, a narrative approach, and high production values. It would be less like, "kids talking while they're playing", and more like a televised sports game.
  • More mini-games and gametypes without losing MCSG's prominence. There is no doubt that MCSG is our bread and butter main attraction, but I think that MC gaming networks are moving away from having a central gametype in exchange for having a wealth of mini-games. In that sense, their approach is to treat their network less like a single videogame and more like a video arcade, and it seems to be paying off.
  • Additional server regions: Japan, South America, Turkey. I think that one of MCG's best asset is our globalization; we have more individual regions than any other network. As such, we can reach out to populations and markets others have not, an untapped human resource. (of course, the threat is segmenting the network's population)
Ahh! Col double posted, my life and everything I believe in has been a lie!

I mean what

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
why did my question get removed
a) Don't you think that's a little too personal, it's even awkward. Like asking for his social security number, or full name

b) It didn't come across as a serious question

c) It's slightly inappropriate

Ryska

Platinum
Reaction score
a) Don't you think that's a little too personal, it's even awkward. Like asking for his social security number, or full name

b) It didn't come across as a serious question

c) It's slightly inappropriate
How can something be inappropriate when the title of this thread is literally "ask me anything"

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
In honor of your birthday.. My question is, what's the best birthday present you have ever received?

Also, fantastic thread! You really are a fantastic Admin, MCGamer is VERY lucky to have you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci