• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community discussion: Making Rekt, Ez, Shrekt, L2P etc. a punishable offence.

Should it be banable? ( Please let us know in the comments why it should be, or not )

• Total voters

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
to be honest I would not mind if you filtered out GG as well and they can easily type good game...
I agree with most of the stuff you're saying with the exception of this. Filtering gg would make anything that says gg in it filtered as well. E.G. a lot of people call Ag | Alex Agg, but his name would be censored for having gg included in it.

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
I think that GG itself is fine, considering the whole meaning is "good game", and is in the very most cases used to show sportsmanship to an opponent. However, when you say "GG eZ", "GG10", "rekt", "eZ skrub", "shrekt", "l2p", "goml noob", etc., I find it fairly obvious that the only intention is to see a negative reaction from your opponent. All of these are basically something you say, just to inform your opponent that you think you are way better than them, that they were an easy fight, that they didn't even get close to winning etc. To say it short; you say it to tell them that they are bad at the game. As previously stated "GG", is however just used to show sportsmanship, while all the variations of combinations you can put together with this word have a whole other meaning. Maybe not by any sorts of definitions, but the way people generally react to this is negative, and can in many cases lead the "victims" into anger, causing them, and not the actual troublemaker to get punished. Personally, I don't really get offended by these terms, but I know a lot of people do, and keep myself away from using them, as I know a lot of people dislike it, and it really does not, by any means make anyone happy anyway (so there really is no point in saying it unless you wanna piss someone off).

"So what can be done?"

I think adding the common combinations into the filter would be a good start. Also, when a word that is caught by the swear filter, I think it not only should block the word out, but also inform the player who said it that the word is not allowed. A lot of people don't understand that the swear filter is there to prevent "illegal words" from being used in the chat, and think that it doesn't really matter if they avoid it every now and then. Now, if someone, after the warning that they are given from the filter, decides to bypass the filter, they simply get the same treatment that they would get for Abuse, no, not for avoiding the swear filter. Why? Because the terms are used to abuse someone. This would be the same thing as "#$%& you, you idiot, you are #$%& at the game!" getting punished as abuse, and not as bypassing the swear filter (if bypassed, of course).

"What if there are a few friends just messing around?"
Hehe... What if there are a few friends messing around and one says "look at my sik hax m8, my aimbot is 2op4u"? That guy gets punished. Simple as that. The same concept should go with other offences, and I am pretty sure it already applies to friends abusing each other for the fun of it. For people reading the chat, it looks like serious abuse, and staff would treat this just as seriously as any other case. So why would new abusive terms be treated differently than the old ones?

"But people will just make new words!"
Then add those to the filter too... This would take devs a maximum of 1 minute of effective work, they just add the words into a text file (at least this is what I have experienced when it comes to filters), and boop, the word is filtered. But people will just create too many terms, way too rapidly for the devs to be able to filter them out, right? No. Words don't just become a common term within the span of a day or two. As of now, pretty much everyone knows the meaning of "GG eZ", but if someone made a new word, not everyone would know it, before it had became a common term used, which could take weeks, if not months. This is about 1 minute of extra work for the devs pr. week to make the community a way more enjoyable place for everyone, with less flaming, and less pointless arguing.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is to just /hub really quickly before they say anything. It will save you a lot rage!

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with most of the stuff you're saying with the exception of this. Filtering gg would make anything that says gg in it filtered as well. E.G. a lot of people call Ag | Alex Agg, but his name would be censored for having gg included in it.
My old account used to be censored because of f*g.

It really annoys me when people say things like that after they kill you. Although I would love for it to be bannable, I admit I do it too when there is someone I kill that really gets on my nerves. I wish people could just stop being so rude and quit using terms like that, but that is the internet for you.
One thing I don't understand is why people have to always take gg in a negative way. Most of the time, it is bad, which is sad to think about considering it used to be a term that everyone used nicely. I always say gg at the end of my games. It is something I have done since my first win, and I won't stop it just because people think it is offensive. I never mean it in an offensive way and if they take it that way, then so be it. I find it pretty dumb that there are even servers out there that have banned the use of saying gg because too many people take it the wrong way. I wish there was a way to solve all this, but even if we make it bannable, people are still going to do it. Sure it may decrease the amount of people doing it, but terms like these will never disappear.

Last edited:

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know why we still have to have this discussion. Should be bannable, if you want to be a piece of crap then you should get banned for it. I don't want to play on a server in which arrogant players can pick on other players.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
oh i forgot to mention

saying gg10 ez l2p rekt u suck noob isn't banable

telling someone they're a feeder is

:S

Reaction score
Quite Frankly, I hate those terms, and GG10 has had its time WAY overdue. I would be glad to see these be considered as offenses.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Quite Frankly, I hate those terms, and GG10 has had its time WAY overdue. I would be glad to see these be considered as offenses.
sounds good to me. Being cocky isn't something that really needs to be promoted.. needs to be discouraged..

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
No never. The staff team have more important things to do such as deal with hackers. This will just be a distraction and less hackers will be banned and really I think it wouldn't end well. The people banned for saying "rekt" would be furious as would I. I've seen a lot worst said and no punishment given nor a head turn. I don't think this really falls into any of the rules. Like I said up above it'd be a distraction, people would be furious and There would be a lot more Ban Disputes.
Also people are just yelling bs stuff to get it ban-able. I seen people say Cyber Bullying but in reality it's not, it's a conflict. Cyber Bullying is when someone constantly attacks you online. Someone saying "get rekt" is not Cyber Bullying.
Saying eZ, rekt once is not enough evidence to ban someone and it would be really hard to get enough evidence to actually ban someone for this.
Another thing, is making it against the rules actually going to stop people from saying it? No! People are still going to say it, even though it's against the rules.
It will also flood the report abuse section.
Finally, if this really upsets you, reset your priorities!
I rest my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci