• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Community Events" Sub-Section

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, it is (explain why).

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, it is not (explain why).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi guys!
While I was in my mother's car for two hours today, I came up with an idea for the forums! You guys have probably seen some events around the community here and there, like @CruelDefiance 's PVP tourney, @BlazeMaster 's Hell Games, @depaor01 's PVP tourney, @Fille 's tournament, and so on... I know we have a section on the forums named "events", but the only events that are displayed are birthdays and Chad's livestreams.

What if we had a way to submit events to the website? There could be a sub-section of the forums where you fill in an application which will be sent and reviewed by the staff. If they think the event is legit and sounds good, they will add it to the calendar and to the list of events. Then they could also add the attendees to each community event. Possibly one colour could signify Birthdays and official events, while another colour could represent events made by the community.

Whether the event be a PVP tournament, Survival Games event, a "homecoming" style event, or any other event, it could be featured there. That way, they get a lot more attention and therefore a lot more people to see it. I know @Captain 's community panel was made for this, but it isn't very "official" and I want the events to be in a proper section so everyone could see them and they could become much popular and attract applicants.

When it is the time and day of the event, like Chad's livestreams and the counter to a certain amount of total games played, it could be displayed on the top of the page. The message could be short like " (x)'s 32-man 1v1 tournament" and a link to the livestream if one is being made. The community events could be toggled in the settings, if people don't want to see them on the top of their screen's, which is totally understandable....

Obviously, this idea is very early in the works and some things haven't been completely thought out, so suggestions and opinions would be very much appreciated.

~Mamiamato24

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
FIRST! That would be nice- although we usually post Hell Games related stuff under Minor Announcements- this would be a great idea.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
FIRST! That would be nice- although we usually post Hell Games related stuff under Minor Announcements- this would be a great idea.
Thanks :) But it would be cool if events had their own section, and not just placed in with other announcements.

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
YES! YES! YES!

I need this to look for tourneys or events. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPENNNN

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know if I would like this, If there was a event thread everyone would be doing the same thing which makes the events you listed somewhat meaningless.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
My panel was going to recommend this to the higher-ups. Looks like great minds think alike! :)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't know if I would like this, If there was a event thread everyone would be doing the same thing which makes the events you listed somewhat meaningless.
The events I listed were only examples, there are so many other events you can make. Also, it's an event "section" not a "thread".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci