• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events Community Games 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Hello tributes! Welcome back to the ninth installation of the ever-popular Community Games! In this edition, we will be bringing the event back to its roots with a competition between the staff and the community; however, this edition will have a bit more of a variation in the way that it is played out. Let’s debrief a bit, shall we?

Time & Date of Community Games 9!:
Date: July 18th, 2015
Time: 3:00 CDT
Time Zone converter: http://bit.ly/1SPasVp

So, there will be three rounds of gameplay, each round containing a different game mode. This will help shine some light on frequently underplayed game modes, while still enabling a competition to be present. This will also allow each and every member’s abilities to be demonstrated in various game modes. A plethora of points will be awarded to each team to allow the statistics team to calculate and determine the winner of the Community Games. Just as a bit of a note, breaking any MCGamer rules will result in a deduction of 10 points from your team. If you are continually breaking rules, you will be removed from your team.

Round 1:
Round 1 will consist of two rounds of Survival Games, with the winner receiving 250 points for their team. However, don’t be discouraged that you lost; the losing team will still receive 150 points, which will be used to calculate who will ultimately win the Community Games. Winning in SG can give you a major boost in points, so make sure you are prepared for Round 1.

Round 2:
Round 2 will consist of 3 games of Deadly Descent. Each player that finishes in the Top 3 for the match will earn 50 points for their team. Deadly Descent, despite not being seen as even semi-competitive, is extremely tense when the points are on the line, so jump wisely. If the Top 3 is consistently filled with your team’s members, that’s an easy 450 points, so you can rack up huge points here in Round 2.

Round 3:
Round 3 will consist of 2 games of Zed Chase. The winner will be awarded with 50 points to their team, so this could make or break a team’s chances of winning. This has potential to be a huge round, so you better start practicing.

Round 4 (OT):
This can be the most important moment of your entire life. This could surpass that one time that you had your first kiss, got married, or saw your children for the first time. This moment may go on to form new religions. Yeah, it’s that crucial. Ready to find out what it is? Of course you are! Round 4 will be the overtime round. This will only occur if the staff and community are tied at the end of Round 3, and you will need one of your teammates to clutch up to win this round. To break the tie, we will draw a name from each team and the chosen will face off in a best of 3 1v1 in Battlegrounds, with each win counting as 1 point for your team.

So, with that being said, you are probably wondering: “How does one get involved in said ‘Community Games’”. Well, this time it will be a bit different, for organizational purposes. You will now have to email your application to [email protected], while following the template below:
In-Game Name/Forum Name:
Do you have TeamSpeak 3?:
Why do you want to participate?:
How would you rate your maturity? (1-10):
How good are you at the Minecraft PvP? (1-10):
Do you work well with others?:
If needed, who would be your replacement?:
Afterwards, we will let all applicants know our decision via a forum message, so stay on the lookout for that. If you are a staff member, simply message me on Slack and we can situate things from there.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks to Jodimo and Childish Gambino for helping with the thread!

Community Games Roster

The Community Team

Miseries
Skill
nadia244
HohoHD
AndreiTheDev
Jasmine
Amazinc
TheParrot
Tumblrr
Sulfur
Airking

The Staff Team

Narwhal
TheLichBD
yannr00s
Jokoy
ShaiPR7
RiskIt
Vestre
Vigilo
Edogd
Croe97
Ceroria*
Frankyy

* = Will play in case the team does not have enough members. (I basically created this for myself in the case that we can't find one extra person to fill the slot for the staff team, in that case I'll simply play in place.)

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL, I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL ON THE MCGAMER TEAMSPEAK (ts.mcgamer.net) TOMORROW AT 3:00 CDT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Woohoo! Let's get this rolling, good luck to all those applying. Happy that I am part of the CG team and will be able to review the applications.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
In-Game Name/Forum Name: Anadarko/Rhino
Do you have TeamSpeak 3?: Yes
Why do you want to participate?: I would like to compete in the Community Games because in addition to that, I will be participating in the Presidential Games andddddd I want to wreck _Pyrrhic with my mad PVP skills XD
How would you rate your maturity? (1-10): 6.9
How good are you at the Minecraft PvP? (1-10): 7
Do you work well with others?: I try to....
If needed, who would be your replacement?: Triipiing
So, with that being said, you are probably wondering: “How does one get involved in said ‘Community Games’”. Well, this time it will be a bit different, for organizational purposes. You will now have to email your application to [email protected] /* */, while following the template below:
:)

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Good luck to all of the people applying, hope to see you all there!

J

District 13
Reaction score
Totally wasn't about to apply on here until I read Jay's post.... :p

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Good Luck to everyone applying, Hope That you guys make it onto the team! <3

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone! I will be checking your applications >:-D

Last edited:

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Good luck everyone. Hopefully I can help the staff this time ;)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To all applying, better make those apps good! I want some quality reading material mates ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci