• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Map Builders get VIP

What do you think?

• Agree, they deserve VIP

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • Disagree, they don't deserve VIP

Votes: 15 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just talked to chad about this issue and he said he was thinking about it, I cant say what will happen, (you definatly wont get the vip rank.) but the issue is behing discussed. ;)
Nice to know.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think a vip as an incentive would be good and bad.
Good because it would make the map builders (most of them) strive for excellence.
Bad because people might spam the forums with cruddy maps trying to get vip status.
Okay, but these people will eventually realize that making cruddy community maps won't get them far. I think we'll start to see a few more very high quality maps come through, which would benefit these servers a lot.
Just talked to chad about this issue and he said he was thinking about it, I cant say what will happen, (you definatly wont get the vip rank.) but the issue is behing discussed. ;)
I can understand if giving us VIP is too much of a reward, but I'd still love to think he's really considering giving us a "Builder" rank

Carter B32

Spectator
Reaction score
Idk know about this, cause then everyone who contributed to the map would want VIP too, and I imagine some of them would abuse the power.. I understand what your saying, but I just don't think it would work. Besides, they're actually doing you a favor by promoting your maps on their server. Isn't that enough?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Idk know about this, cause then everyone who contributed to the map would want VIP too, and I imagine some of them would abuse the power.. I understand what your saying, but I just don't think it would work. Besides, they're actually doing you a favor by promoting your maps on their server. Isn't that enough?
I think it's kinda the other way around.. map makers are doing them a favor by creating maps, the community maps so far are made specifically for MCSG so I doubt that they'd need much promoting elsewhere.

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with Shaun. Think about it, what if these servers just had valardes 4 maps. Theme wise alone, its just forest, city, forest, and guess what. City. With community maps, you can have an island, a desurt, and a snowy mountian in just three games. Talk about varity. and you know what they say.. All newbs hate community maps, and since you are a new member, I'll assume you hate community maps. However, each community map that is on the servers right now has had as much time, love, support, and creativity poured into it, maybe even more, than valardes four maps. Valarde may have invented MCSG, but he isn't an innivator (no offence valarde, just saying). Thats where community maps come in, they innivate like no map before it. They dare to test the limits of what MCSG is, and may even affect how everyone sees MCSG. Example, SG4 is a small map with limited chests. Sound familiar? It should, the concept is simular to breeze.

I now step down from the soapbox. Its your turn, Carter.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
People spamming for VIP status, let's see an example. Team Vareide members got VIP because of their maps. Why isn't there an influx of maps or teams at the moment?

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People spamming for VIP status, let's see an example. Team Vareide members got VIP because of their maps. Why isn't there an influx of maps or teams at the moment?
That is because map maker have no reason to make a map/team. When Breeze and Over got accepted, their were more community maps made. When the Khar, terwan, Ruins, and Pyke got accepted, People made more maps. However, these are just baby steps to bigger, bolder movements for more maps/teams, and getting a special status would give map makers more reason to create good maps/ make teams.

Teije

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And, btw, the makers of ruins got VIP.....

ryry636

Experienced
Reaction score
Isn't here in team vareide anyway? Even then, if vareides team members get VIP, then its fair that we get something too.
I heard it was rumored that you'd be getting free iron donator, it could be permanent, I am not sure.

ryry636

Experienced
Reaction score
Also, V.I.P. means you are a Very Important Person, Team Vareide members got VIP because they are Very Important. And just know that not all members have VIP, only the members of Team Vareide who helped with the original map which sparked this whole community.... So yeah.

Teije

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But why do all noxcrew members have VIP then, or nightmarekitten (i am not hating on them, but I am just saying it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci