• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I say we give it a shot. There's really no other way to get people to not team.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
A question.
Will teaming in FFA servers award you a permanent ban? Because if you get temp banned first offense, people who don't care that much will risk it for the biscuit.

Reaction score
Well...... No. No from me.

I like fighting teams sometimes... It tests your skill. I agree trying to play solo against teams can get annoying, but it makes the game interesting. If this was implemented, people who want to challenge themselves by fighting the teams would have to go on the team servers, and deal with even more teams.

pibexpibe

Diamond
Reaction score
So after my livestream yesterday, some great conversations were started by users asking me questions about the certain policies we have here at MCGamer. One conversation we spent awhile on was the subject of teaming.

Currently this strategy is not against our rules right now in MCSG since we originally opened back in 2012, but we understand that some members would like to play FFA as well in some cases. This post really is to start a dialog and maybe start thinking of ways were we can maybe promote both styles of gameplay on our network. One idea that really stood out to me was having certain servers not allow teaming (example would be server's numbered 100+ would be FFA servers only). I heard other ideas go as far as making everyone's skin to Steve + masking their usernames for an extreme example. These examples are not set in stone but in more of a "what if" status right now.

So what are your opinions on this subject?
This is kinda reflecting off a post i put on here a while ago (This also got me a lot of haters)
I think teaming is ok, as long as it has its restrictions. There should be a limit on teams, like on other servers. Its up to them to determine the # of people per team, but I say 4 is a good limit.

Kosei

Spectator
Reaction score
teaming is such an integral part of the survival games, don't really see why this is that much of a problem. first of all, servers 100+ are generally used for clans to scrim/clan battle, so taking those away would force clans with non-donors to tirelessly search for the 1-99 servers which tend to fill up alot quicker, meaning more time is spent on finding a server than actually partaking in a clan battle.
also, are we just going to throw away the fact that teaming is how we all started? i'm sure there isn't one person who didn't start their minecraft survival games career by saying "anybody looking to team?". i'd argue that teaming has become so popular that we've derived multiple memes throughout the existence of the mcsg community. now while i'm aware that teaming isn't necessarily going away, but by removing teaming on half of the servers people are going to have to resort to the servers that fill up much quicker (by the way, regardless of the server number the "newbies" that want to play a game of MCSG will increase the traffic on the server no matter what the number is, which distorts clan data n stuff). it's not a very "newbie" friendly idea because the majority of the "newbie" playerbase are either looking for a palio to play with them or already have one (and probably aren't donors. god bless them for trying to get into the servers that will fill up pretty much instantly since you're splitting the playerbase). not to mention that anybody unaware of the rule will be pretty dissatisfied when they see that the server can't even look at other ppl's names since they don't really read the forums anyways (quick solution would be a server message)
the solo servers are pretty much just going to be farming wins anyways. sure, i advocate a few servers allocated to being solo but they're going to be so much easier that competition at that point will pretty much be on those servers only since the higher ranked players aren't going to want to play against teams

idk im pretty tired but those are my initial thoughts (not reading past the first 5 pages ftw also ^_^) so feel free to point out anything that needs to be clarified or sumthing idk

Soul421

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think ffa servers should be added.

I think this because;
- skill would be taken out of the game (taking out teams is the difference between a good player and a great player imo)
- the amount of "report abuse" crap about teaming would be ridiculous
- think about it. have you ever chat-teamed? against a hacker? probably. Hackers would be able to get you banned potentially.
- what if someone actually did team? it's not like you could do something right then and there. you could record them, probably, but you still have a disadvantage that game because you can't find a teammate of your own to help you take them on.
- Insanely hard to moderate
- etc

E

Ephiza

I don't think ffa servers should be added.

I think this because;
- skill would be taken out of the game (taking out teams is the difference between a good player and a great player imo)
- the amount of "report abuse" crap about teaming would be ridiculous
- think about it. have you ever chat-teamed? against a hacker? probably. Hackers would be able to get you banned potentially.
- what if someone actually did team? it's not like you could do something right then and there. you could record them, probably, but you still have a disadvantage that game because you can't find a teammate of your own to help you take them on.
- Insanely hard to moderate
- etc
Hmm...tell me how many times you've been able to take out a team of 4+ with ease? oh wait... the amount of 4+ teams is a lot higher than people think. 2 teams, aren't that difficult, unless they gapple >.<.
teaming is such an integral part of the survival games, don't really see why this is that much of a problem. first of all, servers 100+ are generally used for clans to scrim/clan battle, so taking those away would force clans with non-donors to tirelessly search for the 1-99 servers which tend to fill up alot quicker, meaning more time is spent on finding a server than actually partaking in a clan battle.
also, are we just going to throw away the fact that teaming is how we all started? i'm sure there isn't one person who didn't start their minecraft survival games career by saying "anybody looking to team?". i'd argue that teaming has become so popular that we've derived multiple memes throughout the existence of the mcsg community. now while i'm aware that teaming isn't necessarily going away, but by removing teaming on half of the servers people are going to have to resort to the servers that fill up much quicker (by the way, regardless of the server number the "newbies" that want to play a game of MCSG will increase the traffic on the server no matter what the number is, which distorts clan data n stuff). it's not a very "newbie" friendly idea because the majority of the "newbie" playerbase are either looking for a palio to play with them or already have one (and probably aren't donors. god bless them for trying to get into the servers that will fill up pretty much instantly since you're splitting the playerbase). not to mention that anybody unaware of the rule will be pretty dissatisfied when they see that the server can't even look at other ppl's names since they don't really read the forums anyways (quick solution would be a server message)
the solo servers are pretty much just going to be farming wins anyways. sure, i advocate a few servers allocated to being solo but they're going to be so much easier that competition at that point will pretty much be on those servers only since the higher ranked players aren't going to want to play against teams

idk im pretty tired but those are my initial thoughts (not reading past the first 5 pages ftw also ^_^) so feel free to point out anything that needs to be clarified or sumthing idk
I highly doubt clans actually scrim in 100-120. Most clans (I've been in a few), are going to scrim in 160+.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmm...tell me how many times you've been able to take out a team of 4+ with ease? oh wait... the amount of 4+ teams is a lot higher than people think. 2 teams, aren't that difficult, unless they gapple >.<.

I highly doubt clans actually scrim in 100-120. Most clans (I've been in a few), are going to scrim in 160+.
teams of 4 are easy like 80% of the time, they are usually just noobs xD

E

Ephiza

teams of 4 are easy like 80% of the time, they are usually just noobs xD
Yeah...but the problem is when it's just you and them. Because most of the time, I end up killing 1 or 2 of them, then it goes to DM, and I die because of limited space. And then, since they're mad I killed their teammates, they proceed to trash talk.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
We have way to much work catching hackers and their are our main priority, I really do not want to catch some 2 users teaming in a non-team server when I can ban the real problem on the srever, in this case hackers and as benholl98 said teaming is a part of a game because minecraft survival games are based on a movie. If you ever become a moderator you will have a feeling that hackers are the one who ruin the game the most, not the teamers. Its not about winning, its about having a fair and fun game, and teaming is completely fair to me. I guess you just need to find a right strategy for yourself. :)
This is just mine opinion, everyone can have theirs and I completely understand that, it may be better for you but not for everyone.
First off, I was a moderator for over 8 months on these servers xD, so I know how big a deal hacker are and that they are the number 1 priority, but I play the game more than most in this community, and I see more and more people raging about people teaming on them. Some people just don't want to have to team every game to win, some people like to play legit and earn their wins. Some do tho, thats why these servers being added allows people the CHOICE to do what they want, instead of being forced to do something.

You made a reference to this game being based off a movie (hunger games). If you actually watched the movie or read the book, you would know that the most hated people in the movie were the ones who were teaming in big teams, making things unfair lol. I'm not sure exactly how you can say that 2v1, 3v1, 4v1 is fair at all xD. With the movie everyone started with a teammate, it was all 2v2's. That's not what Minecraft Survival games is about here really. Thats why its survival games, not hunger games. It has difference from the movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci