• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
I can see how this would make a lot of people happy due to how much complaining there is about teams, but I want to throw my thoughts in on the idea.

I can understand the frustration of being teamed on, for the odds aren't in your favor of winning. But that's part of the game. It's survival games, a game where you have to use ways of being the last man standing. Teams are very effective in that case, for giving you the upper hand in most fights, and that instead of making it a 1/23 chance in being the last man standing, it's basiclly a 2/22, or a 1/11 chance, increasing those odds quite nicely. Also, when you are that solo player going against a team, it's not impossible to win, for there are tactics out there for dealing with teams.

Zeno made a good statement:
I'm not a fan of this idea. Though teams are annoying to deal with, they're something you can deal with. It gives you an extra challenge, and spices up the game. It is frustrating if you run into teams over and over again, but I don't feel like it is in any way something that should be against the rules.
I can agree with this. Teams are just annoying, but they're part of the game, so it's only natural that they would be in here.

Also, soggypickle said this part quite nicely:
I'm not very supportive of this idea. Teaming is part of the game, and although it's frustrating to get teamed on, there is no easy solution to getting rid of them. Simply making teaming punishable isn't going to do anything but waste mods' time banning teams, which could be spent dealing with much more severe rule-breakers, like hackers...
I find this true, for enforcing this will make mods dedicate time to punishing teams, where that time can be spend on more concerning areas like hackers.
RC_4777 talked about this subject with some great points. (I don't have enough space to quote it, but it's just a few posts down.)

I can understand the solo players point of view, since I've been playing solo a lot lately. Whenever there is a team, your at the disadvantage, but they're possible to defeat. Learn the tactics of dealing with them, or find tactics of your own. You can't expect to win every single game. Study what happened that game, think about what you could of done to change that outcome, and build off that.

I'd be alright with this becoming a thing, but I just don't think it's the most logical thing to do.

Last edited:

Metalmate9

Diamond
Reaction score
Having dedicated servers for FFA would be amazing, majority should be team friendly though

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
Simply making teaming punishable isn't going to do anything
Except it will. If you just make very clear teaming isn't allowed on those servers, most people who are playjng with for example a friend, will just go to a server where teaming is allowed instead of risking to be punished. Sure there will be a team every now and then but it won't be nearly as bad as usual, and a lot of people will have so much more fun playing.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
No. No. No. No. No. No.

It would be impossible to control.

This video explains it so well. (Even though the video is about targetting, still talks about teams.

- Whoops, no videos.. Sorry! -

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I feel like something like this is just impractical. If its a decent chunk of servers it will require a good amount of moderation. But it's not just managing that many people that I think will be hardest; it's proving that someone is teaming. If pulled off correctly people could team and try to keep it not obvious, giving a massive advantage and causing dispute over whether or not video evidence shows teaming or not. That's a pretty tough call if they try to avoid confrontation but hit each other every once and a while. And what's the ruling when 2 people attack someone at once? Was it coincidence or teaming? I think this could just cause headaches and I'd really rather not see friends banned for teaming with evidence that's really hard to prove or disprove.

MaxsGraphics

Quantum
Reaction score
I do agree with this ChadTheDJ but the only reason why people team is because that's their strategy to win. So if you make separate servers or FFA then there will be no strategy. Also disappearing the names and making them Steve skins won't help cause if their in a skype call they can tell each other where they are at and put an amount of armour on so the teammate knows what he or she looks like. But Yeah this is my opinion :)

FanYG

Platinum
Reaction score
This really needs to happen, I guarantee you the amount of praise you would get for making FFA servers would be insane. Although I really find the idea of making 100-man FFA servers too extreme because the main reason people want FFA servers is to get recordings for YouTube. Really hope you can get to read this ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci