• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ephiza

Not necessarily. If we go through with this reset, monthly, weekly, etc leaderboards will be getting implemented, so newer players can compete in those boards instead of the All-Time records. They have also stated that after this reset, they won't be considering doing another one in the future. This is the only time that we will get a full board reset.
They also said there wouldn't be a reset the first time, sooo...

Reaction score
They also said there wouldn't be a reset the first time, sooo...
But at the time, they never even thought of upgrading the leaderboards, or they didn't know they would have to do a global reset if they would upgrade it.

People don't understand this. This is for the server to move forward, not go the same rate. Doing this upgrade will make it be available for upgrades, and players may come in. Yes, it is a costly price, but overall, the pros beat out he cons.

From my knowledge,

Pros:
  • Players may come in.
  • Fresh start.
  • Leaderboards will have new features.
  • The leaderboards will be prepped for future updates.
  • New players will get at least a chance, with the AVN Merge, they may like the server more. (Not saying they will or won't, with the great PvPers mcsg has now).
  • Some players may come back.
  • Players thinking of quitting may not.
Cons:
  • Old-time players may leave.
  • Game may get boring for some people.
  • Another reset may happen in the future.
  • All progress made so far will become a waste of time.

That's all I can think of right now. Add on to the lists if you want, but I think everyone needs to calm down about this... It's numbers on a block game. This was bound to happen some time. :/

E

Ephiza

But at the time, they never even thought of upgrading the leaderboards, or they didn't know they would have to do a global reset if they would upgrade it.

People don't understand this. This is for the server to move forward, not go the same rate. Doing this upgrade will make it be available for upgrades, and players may come in. Yes, it is a costly price, but overall, the pros beat out he cons.

From my knowledge,

Pros:
  • Players may come in.
  • Fresh start.
  • New players will get at least a chance, with the AVN Merge, they may like the server more. (Not saying they will or won't, with the great PvPers mcsg has now.
Cons:

That's all I can think of right now. Add on to the lists if you want, but I think everyone needs to calm down about this... It's numbers on a block game. This was bound to happen some time. :/
even though it's a block game, most of the ppl high up have spent at least a year. that's a year of their life wasted, they can never get back, since some noobies want an easy pass to the top. new lb's aren't worth it.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
even though it's a block game, most of the ppl high up have spent at least a year. that's a year of their life wasted, they can never get back, since some noobies want an easy pass to the top. new lb's aren't worth it.
6 Weeks worth of just plain hours for me

Reaction score
I have spent nearly two years, although some have played even more, and I'm up for this. And calling people "noobies" is not the right way to go. For all you know, they could be high in the leaderboards quickly, as some players do.

E

Ephiza

I have spent nearly two years, although some have played even more, and I'm up for this. And calling people "noobies" is not the right way to go. For all you know, they could be high in the leaderboards quickly, as some players do.
If they wanted to be at the top, they would spend the time to do it.

Reaction score
If they wanted to be at the top, they would spend the time to do it.
Time time time. All I hear is time. To be high in the leaderboards, it would take years, assuming they aren't too good or too bad, just to get a lot of wins. 4000? Even longer.

I have a question. How long do you think MCSG, or MCG in general, will last?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Time time time. All I hear is time. To be high in the leaderboards, it would take years, assuming they aren't too good or too bad, just to get a lot of wins. 4000? Even longer.

I could get 6000 wins in a year if I really tried... lol

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score

From my knowledge,

Pros:
  • Players may come in.
  • Fresh start.
  • New players will get at least a chance, with the AVN Merge, they may like the server more. (Not saying they will or won't, with the great PvPers mcsg has now).
Cons:

They don't have to do a global reset to make the new leaderboards. It cost money, money they most certainly have and if they don't wanna use it, have a fundraiser. If they don't have money I truely can't imagine where $1000s of dollars from donors are going. 10 platinum donors= $1000

E

Ephiza

People at the top no-lifed mcsg (kosmish gravey4rd etc etc), it wouldn't take years. it would take dedication and skill to get to the top. it would take maybe a couple months if they really wanted to get to the top.

Reaction score
I could get 6000 wins in a year if I really tried... lol
As I said, they are starting from complete scratch. Not good. You are a decent player, so you can probably do well.
They don't have to do a global reset to make the new leaderboards. It cost money, money they most certainly have and if they don't wanna use it, have a fundraiser. If they don't have money I truely can't imagine where $1000s of dollars from donors are going. 10 platinum donors= $1000
they upgrade the servers. Would you rather them spending a lot of money just to keep the leaderboards like this, or keep the servers up for who knows how long?
People at the top no-lifed mcsg (kosmish gravey4rd etc etc), it wouldn't take years. it would take dedication and skill to get to the top. it would take maybe a couple months if they really wanted to get to the top.
Once again, skill. Complete scratch. It takes some time to get used to PvP. You aren't good immediately.

Also, this topic kind've died down. Things like this are gonna happen sometime. Maybe not now, but eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci