• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpiclauYT

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it would be best if the anti hacks if served but would not serve MCSG perdition would be full of hacks to be number one and I would not have this sense of the stats but for me if you think that is best.

EpiclauYT

Spectator
Reaction score
CREO QUE VOTAR QUE SI SOLO SERVIRIA SI LOS ANTI HACKS SERVIRIAN PORQUE SI NO MCSG SERA LA PERDICION SOLO HABRA HACKERS PARA SER EL NUMERO 1 PERO SI FUNCIONAN SERA LO MEJOR

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it would be best if the anti hacks if served but would not serve MCSG perdition would be full of hacks to be number one and I would not have this sense of the stats but for me if you think that is best.
Truer words have never been spoken. Thank you for this, I see the argument in a new light now.

CourageousWazoo

Tribute
Reaction score
To be honest I think no. A lot of people I know have been working really hard to get the stats they got today. A close friend of mine just got his 1000th win and I feel really bad for him :/ all the trouble he went through to get it, as well as other people. Anyways ye that's my opinion :D

chrisfire56

Platinum
Reaction score
tbh, I go both ways (but mostly no). Yes, it would give the newer players a chance to get on the leaderboards and get recognized, but what's the point when the #1 player is either a hacker/booster? It would encourage me to tryhard mcsg alot more, and same for alot of other players, but it would be alot harder to win, due to the hackers, boosters, etc. Personally, I think that the stats should not be reset, and the daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards should definitely be added so that newer players can get recognized. I wouldn't mind that much if my stats were reset, but I'm sure more than half the community would hate it.

Last edited:

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see any consequences to voting "Yes", to be honest.
Basically the only people who dislike this new change are the highly ranked players who fear losing their highly ranked position.
According to the official thread, posted by the MCSG higher-ups, the old statistics will stay. Wouldn't that keep the highly-ranked players happy?

The reason they're still pissed off even the Legacy Leaderboards - where all of their hard work was permanently stored, although it means that nothing changes, those old leaderboards would be rendered pointless by several members of the community. The newer, more frequently updated leaderboards would be everyone's main priority, as the Legacy Leaderboards would only host memories.

As Gears mentioned, there is no need to fix something that is not broken. Although he may be correct as of now, the never-changing leaderboards will only continue to worsen. After only two years, the leading amount of wins has exceeded 4000. Imagine what the leaderboards will look like if the same trend continues - there will never be any change.

The joys of the leaderboard update is the fact that, as far as we can tell, there will be no end. Two years of data archived? No problem. After two years, we will see similar statistics, and they will only continue to grow. On top of that, we'll be seeing daily, weekly, monthly, yearly (etc) leaderboards, only adding reason for people to actually play the game competitively.

My main account has roughly 500 wins. It's honestly not that many, but I can definitely let go for the greater good of the community. With the merging of the AntVenom Network, the new players need a chance to make themselves known. They most likely had leaderboards as well, and had players at the top. It honestly just wouldn't be fair to not give them a chance.

(My post on a different thread.)
They have a chance -.- a lot of the people on the first page started when people already had 1000-2000+ wins and they still did it.. It's not fair to just make it easier for new players just because they are 'new and inexperienced' everybody was at some point.. And they are never gonna get experienced if these are reset because once they are, say hello to more hackers, boosters, large teams, etc..

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
After a few weeks everything will calm down.

There isn't really a logical reason to keep it - other than keeping the highly-ranked players (which is definitely not the majority of the community) happy. MCSG is pretty high up there in popularity, and it needs to start acting like a big-boy server by making big-boy decisions.

Simply put: we can't last forever without change.
It's not just gonna calm down lol... There are already hundreds of hackers without the reset, so many more will come if they are reset. And there's already huge teams and boosters in so many games... Even more will be there if they get reset.

Ian

Career
Reaction score
Another argument I'm seeing come up over and over and over and over and over and over is "lol all the people that vote yes all have bad ratios".

Not entirely true, but let's say it is true. If you're going to use this argument, keep in mind that a good maybe... 95% of players have a ratio that is less than 1/5? We have countless players that play here, it just so happens that a lot more "elite" players browse the forum.

Eluq

Diamond
Reaction score
I voted no. Why? After the stats reset there will be a lot of boosters, teams and tryhards (me). In addition you should ask the top 10 players on the leaderboards. They tryharded and basically no lifed your server. Just consider this thought. Also, if you are trying to get new people on the server consider using propaganda and use it to spread your server through out the whole mc community. People have worked so hard for this and now it's going to be taken away really pathetic MCSG.

MY OPINION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci