• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
Firstly, not everyone can actually report hackers due to them not being able to run a recording software efficiently or having a very bad upload speed.

Secondly, it's not our job to report hackers if we do not wish to. Now explain how that means we don't want the hackers banned lmao. I've reported quite a lot of hackers, yet after one day of playing I get so many reports I spend most of my time filing those reports and get completely bored. It's not my job, and I don't need to do anything. So don't tell me I need to report hackers. This doesn't mean I don't want to be banned, get some logic.

Lastly, you mentioning it only benefits a handful of people, just no. New leaderboards are just benefitting the selfish people who are too lazy to work themselves up on to the higher end of the leaderboard. Yes it's a journey but if you're determined to do it, and really want to do it then you would.

I did it, I didn't get no 'fresh start', it's complete bs if I say the least. Leaderboards and high ranks should be hard to obtain. Yeah it's still going to be hard but pfft, why should you guys get the 'easier' chance. We've earned our wins just like you would on the new leaderboards. Now you can say I'm being selfish by saying this however you're not in my position where you're ranked #21 and worked hard for it and it's literally just taking it away from us, a waste.

Please do not mention the legacy leaderboards as an excuse because it's pathetic and that leaderboard would be practically pointless.
DAMN

AephexHasSweges

Experienced
Reaction score
They worked for their wins.
They deserve to be at top, you don't get a "restart" simply because its too "hard" to become #1.....
They earned their wins, and for that they are at the top
Alright I'm definitely not convincing you and you aren't convincing me so I'll just stop trying. You have your opinion and I have mine. Either way, no matter what people want, this will happen most definitely. Whenever a thread is made about it possibly happening, it always happens. People hate the voting system the poll began as 100 yes and nearly 1k no. They waited until it was nearly even from rigging the votes and then implemented it. In this, check the in-game poll. It's winning for yes there, so they'll implement it. I'd assume staff all voted yes along with their alts like always. But whether or not you or I like it, it'll happen I promise you.

S

Sepyz

Firstly, not everyone can actually report hackers due to them not being able to run a recording software efficiently or having a very bad upload speed.

Secondly, it's not our job to report hackers if we do not wish to. Now explain how that means we don't want the hackers banned lmao. I've reported quite a lot of hackers, yet after one day of playing I get so many reports I spend most of my time filing those reports and get completely bored. It's not my job, and I don't need to do anything. So don't tell me I need to report hackers. This doesn't mean I don't want to be banned, get some logic.

Lastly, you mentioning it only benefits a handful of people, just no. New leaderboards are just benefitting the selfish people who are too lazy to work themselves up on to the higher end of the leaderboard. Yes it's a journey but if you're determined to do it, and really want to do it then you would.

I did it, I didn't get no 'fresh start', it's complete bs if I say the least. Leaderboards and high ranks should be hard to obtain. Yeah it's still going to be hard but pfft, why should you guys get the 'easier' chance. We've earned our wins just like you would on the new leaderboards. Now you can say I'm being selfish by saying this however you're not in my position where you're ranked #21 and worked hard for it and it's literally just taking it away from us, a waste.

Please do not mention the legacy leaderboards as an excuse because it's pathetic and that leaderboard would be practically pointless.
You don't need recording software to report a hacker. Hell, you can pop on Teamspeak and poke a moderator.

When someone sees a hacker and chooses not to report them, whether it be by recording or asking a moderator to spectate them on Teamspeak, that's their own decision. They consciously chose to not report the person. (Unless, of course, they are unaware of the methods on reporting abusive players)

The argument that competitive players are too "lazy" to work their way to the top, although it's somewhat true, that can also be said for the highly-ranked members. Think about it this way: if the highly-ranked players wished to stay highly-ranked, wouldn't they start trying for a high rank after the leaderboard reset? Some will, and other won't, simply because they're too lazy. Both sides lose this argument, and your post made me realize that.

Does anyone still care about their old statistics from v1? Nope. That's all in the past. We've started over before, and we can do it again. The people that would be outraged would get used to the fresh statistics within a matter of weeks.

Everyone that says they'll "quit" will return in a matter of weeks, or possibly a matter of months. I've seen very few members who leave for good over something so unimportant. If you'd actually leave an entire community just because they're trying to help us by giving us more features through the leaderboards, then you might as well have never joined in the first place.

Legacy Leaderboards are a great excuse, actually. They literally keep all of the old statistics and do nothing with them. Highly-ranked members on the Legacy Leaderboards will also be respectable, as they were highly ranked in the past.

I think your issue is that you're too opinionated towards keeping the current stats - and I completely understand why. You're highly ranked, and you'd like to keep it that way. However, if you'd like, you have a shot at getting an even higher rank through the reset. You should thank the staff for that one.

S

Sepyz

the leaderboards never stopped…..that literally makes no sense. You could just try as hard as all the top 300 people and move up on the leaderboards like they have. You act like resetting the stats will make it easy for people to get to #1. It's going to be even harder considering all the hackers and boosters that play mcsg now.
If MCSG continues on for another 5 years, how hard will it be for people to get #1?...
Also, MCSG's leaderboards, to be honest, are quite primitive for how successful of a network it's hosted on.
Having loads of wins doesn't necessarily show skill, but just time spent into playing the game.
If we don't do the reset now, there will never be daily, monthly, etc leaderboards, and we will never get to see leaderboards based on points, ratio, and other things.

They almost always reply with "I'm busy" or they ignore you.
Befriend a mod. If you don't, it's near impossible to actually get them to help you, depending on who it is.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
I can understand from when it switched from V1 to V2 cuz the top wins was 204.... but from like 500 people with over 1000 wins and top 4500... man thats just harsh, all the top 1000 will be is hackers and boosters cuz thats what is around like all the time nowadays, a mean I haven't played in 4 months but I was trying to come back, but now, nah

why can't we just have the leaderboards we have now and the new stuff? it would work the same?

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
You don't need recording software to report a hacker. Hell, you can pop on Teamspeak and poke a moderator.

When someone sees a hacker and chooses not to report them, whether it be by recording or asking a moderator to spectate them on Teamspeak, that's their own decision. They consciously chose to not report the person. (Unless, of course, they are unaware of the methods on reporting abusive players)

The argument that competitive players are too "lazy" to work their way to the top, although it's somewhat true, that can also be said for the highly-ranked members. Think about it this way: if the highly-ranked players wished to stay highly-ranked, wouldn't they start trying for a high rank after the leaderboard reset? Some will, and other won't, simply because they're too lazy. Both sides lose this argument, and your post made me realize that.

Does anyone still care about their old statistics from v1? Nope. That's all in the past. We've started over before, and we can do it again. The people that would be outraged would get used to the fresh statistics within a matter of weeks.

Everyone that says they'll "quit" will return in a matter of weeks, or possibly a matter of months. I've seen very few members who leave for good over something so unimportant. If you'd actually leave an entire community just because they're trying to help us by giving us more features through the leaderboards, then you might as well have never joined in the first place.

Legacy Leaderboards are a great excuse, actually. They literally keep all of the old statistics and do nothing with them. Highly-ranked members on the Legacy Leaderboards will also be respectable, as they were highly ranked in the past.

I think your issue is that you're too opinionated towards keeping the current stats - and I completely understand why. You're highly ranked, and you'd like to keep it that way. However, if you'd like, you have a shot at getting an even higher rank through the reset. You should thank the staff for that one.
Okay I highlighted the main parts I'd like to discuss.

1. if the highly-ranked players wished to stay highly-ranked, wouldn't they start trying for a high rank after the leaderboard reset?

I don't play the game nearly enough as I did however I earned my rank and do not wish to work as hard again. So the answer to the question is no. Personally.

2. Does anyone still care about their old statistics from v1? Nope. That's all in the past.

Exactly my point about the legacy leaderboards being pointless :)

3. If you'd actually leave an entire community just because they're trying to help us by giving us more features through the leaderboards, then you might as well have never joined in the first place.

I'm sorry but this statement is ridiculous. I never joined mcsg to work hard to get a high rank for it to be just reset.

4. Legacy Leaderboards are a great excuse, actually. They literally keep all of the old statistics and do nothing with them. Highly-ranked members on the Legacy Leaderboards will also be respectable, as they were highly ranked in the past.

Mmm, you pretty much just explained how old stats get buried in the past :) So my point that it's a terrible excuse to reset the stats has been proven, by yourself, who is for the reset. :)

Finally. I think your issue is that you're too opinionated towards keeping the current stats - and I completely understand why. You're highly ranked, and you'd like to keep it that way. However, if you'd like, you have a shot at getting an even higher rank through the reset. You should thank the staff for that one.

As I've said previously, I've worked my hardest to get to the top ranks why would I want to do it again, how is that fair for me and others with top ranks?

---

Oh almost forgot, regarding this:

Let's just say you need to stop assuming what we do and don't do. Secondly, it's our choice if we feel the need to take our time to report someone. You can't tell me I'm wrong, it's my choice and you're telling me if I didn't report the hackers that I don't want hackers banned. Just no.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay I highlighted the main parts I'd like to discuss.

1. if the highly-ranked players wished to stay highly-ranked, wouldn't they start trying for a high rank after the leaderboard reset?

I don't play the game nearly enough as I did however I earned my rank and do not wish to work as hard again. So the answer to the question is no. Personally.

2. Does anyone still care about their old statistics from v1? Nope. That's all in the past.

Exactly my point about the legacy leaderboards being pointless :)

3. If you'd actually leave an entire community just because they're trying to help us by giving us more features through the leaderboards, then you might as well have never joined in the first place.

I'm sorry but this statement is ridiculous. I never joined mcsg to work hard to get a high rank for it to be just reset.

4. Legacy Leaderboards are a great excuse, actually. They literally keep all of the old statistics and do nothing with them. Highly-ranked members on the Legacy Leaderboards will also be respectable, as they were highly ranked in the past.

Mmm, you pretty much just explained how old stats get buried in the past :) So my point that it's a terrible excuse to reset the stats has been proven, by yourself, who is for the reset. :)

Finally. I think your issue is that you're too opinionated towards keeping the current stats - and I completely understand why. You're highly ranked, and you'd like to keep it that way. However, if you'd like, you have a shot at getting an even higher rank through the reset. You should thank the staff for that one.

As I've said previously, I've worked my hardest to get to the top ranks why would I want to do it again, how is that fair for me and others with top ranks?

---

Oh almost forgot, regarding this:

Let's just say you need to stop assuming what we do and don't do. Secondly, it's our choice if we feel the need to take our time to report someone. You can't tell me I'm wrong, it's my choice and you're telling me if I didn't report the hackers that I don't want hackers banned. Just no.
you deserve an award

E

Ephiza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci