• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes every vote is made by another person if thats what you mean. This does however nt mean it is valid. As stated many times before Youtubers have been playing a big factor the voting. Seeing how alot of Youtubers have masses of subs and how these subs would blindly follow them, the word "valid" might aswell be changed to "opinionated by Youtubers" on this one.

Secondly, you seem to have an ability most people seem to have not, common sense.

And finally, only time will tell. But both experience and inuition give a rsther decwnt indication of what is to come.

Also a note to the staff,
By resetting the leaderboards in the name of "change" you will shoot your own feet. People will quit, no doubt. But this time not the people who just play a game or two. Not the "new" members. The people who have kept this server alive for the past two years. It were the people high up who brought you the most money. Not the new players, the people youre losing if you were to enforce this change. If you want change, start by implementing things youve promised quite some time ago.
On the point of the voting. What about votes in every day life? People persuade people all the time to vote for a specific thing. You cannot just say "Oh, well, the majority of the people who voted for this were persuaded by someone, let's just throw them aside." It does not work like that, people voting blindly or not.

On the topic of more hackers and boosters; this is what I predict based off of what I know. Hackers only hack because, well, that's just what they do. A statistic change won't entice hackers to play and hack more. I foresee a very small increase in hacking towards the beginning of a statistic change, but this will only get more hackers banned which is good. I don't think the increase of hackers would be noticeable at all, if there is one. On the other hand, boosting will definitely increase. It is inevitable, people are going to want to rank up as quick as possible so they will boost. Although, like the case with the hackers, justice will be served. At first there will be a noticeable influx of boosters but soon enough it will die down. Eventually both hacking and boosting will be as common as it is now, or even less common.

E

Ephiza

On the point of the voting. What about votes in every day life? People persuade people all the time to vote for a specific thing. You cannot just say "Oh, well, the majority of the people who voted for this were persuaded by someone, let's just throw them aside." It does not work like that, people voting blindly or not.

On the topic of more hackers and boosters; this is what I predict based off of what I know. Hackers only hack because, well, that's just what they do. A statistic change won't entice hackers to play and hack more. I foresee a very small increase in hacking towards the beginning of a statistic change, but this will only get more hackers banned which is good. I don't think the increase of hackers would be noticeable at all, if there is one. On the other hand, boosting will definitely increase. It is inevitable, people are going to want to rank up as quick as possible so they will boost. Although, like the case with the hackers, justice will be served. At first there will be a noticeable influx of boosters but soon enough it will die down. Eventually both hacking and boosting will be as common as it is now, or even less common.
Comparing a video game to IRL, is like comparing wrestling to street fighting. 2 things that won't really even be in the remotely same place.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Comparing a video game to IRL, is like comparing wrestling to street fighting. 2 things that won't really even be in the remotely same place.
Comparing a video game to real life is like comparing anything else. It is just comparing two things, and in this case, two thing that have little to no difference to each other.

Separating video games from real life is not a good excuse. It always bugs me when someone says "It's just a game." Multiple video games are considered sports: Starcraft II and League of Legends are two good examples. People take video games just as seriously as any other sport. One person may put much more of their time and effort into Minecraft than someone else puts into Football.

Don't say that video games cannot be compared to "IRL" when they very much can. Someone can be as passionate about a competitive video game as someone else is passionate about a competitive sport. Oh, and to add, many of you clearly care about this video game. Why else would there be over 70 pages of discussion about it?

E

Ephiza

Comparing a video game to real life is like comparing anything else. It is just comparing two things, and in this case, two thing that have little to no difference to each other.

Separating video games from real life is not a good excuse. It always bugs me when someone says "It's just a game." Multiple video games are considered sports: Starcraft II and League of Legends are two good examples. People take video games just as seriously as any other sport. One person may put much more of their time and effort into Minecraft than someone else puts into Football.

Don't say that video games cannot be compared to "IRL" when they very much can. Someone can be as passionate about a competitive video game as someone else is passionate about a competitive sport. Oh, and to add, many of you clearly care about this video game. Why else would there be over 70 pages of discussion about it?
Last time I checked, minecraft isn't a competitive sport, and mojang/microsoft hasn't held tournaments where the prize is over 5 million dollars, like valve does.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Last time I checked, minecraft isn't a competitive sport, and mojang/microsoft hasn't held tournaments where the prize is over 5 million dollars, like valve does.
That does not really matter. I was just giving some examples of video games that do have huge tournaments and are actually considered sports.

Just because Minecraft does not have huge tournaments does not make the game ineligible to be compared to actual sports. That doesn't make any sense.

E

Ephiza

That does not really matter. I was just giving some examples of video games that do have huge tournaments and are actually considered sports.

Just because Minecraft does not have huge tournaments does not make the game ineligible to be compared to actual sports. That doesn't make any sense.
Neither does your post, since if you're saying that MC isn't a sport, bringing up games that are sports, isn't relevant whatsoever.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Neither does your post, since if you're saying that MC isn't a sport, bringing up games that are sports, isn't relevant whatsoever.
What I was comparing were two completely alike things that had nothing to do with the fact that these things were sports or not. What I compared was how voting works, that was all. It could have been voting between sausages and meatballs and it would not have made a difference.

E

Ephiza

What I was comparing were two completely alike things that had nothing to do with the fact that these things were sports or not. What I compared was how voting works, that was all. It could have been voting between sausages and meatballs and it would not have made a difference.
Ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding :)

XXXcharlie123XXX

Platinum
Reaction score
I voted no for simply this reason: Theres a tremendous amount of players that have 500+ wins, and obviously there's exceptions (people with amazing ratios) that do NOT want to regain there amount of wins all over again, imagine being someone like Gravey4rd, darkrai202, ForceHacks, BiBoyQg, etc. These people worked hard to get there wins, just like I have. Resetting the statistics will bring in new players definately and even make some current players play more, however MCSG will also lose many players due to the fact that you're taking away their beloved game rank and statistics. Yes, it will all be saved onto the 'Legacy Leaderboards', but after a month is anyone really going to check those boards?
Another reasons why they should NOT be reset is, if it was to happen, the amount of tryhards and hackers will be too much to handle. Everyone will be trying to get the #1 spot, and if they manage to get it, have they really earned it? Gravey4rd has definately earned his #1 spot, with his exceptional amount of wins and such a good ratio aswell. I have a few friends who are very close to achieving 1000 wins, imagine how devastated they will feel if it gets reset and they have to do it all over again.. it's just not fair on those players, or any player who's happy with their stats!
I'm not trying to start flame, but honestly think about doing this. The poll in game has shown that over 1500 players do NOT want the stats to reset, I say most of them will quit or not play anywhere near as much if it is to be reset.

Thank you for your time, if you haven't already seen some videos complaining about this statistics reset, watch BiBoyQG's video on it, or Nintendonut69's video. They both vote NO on the stat reset, however if you would like to see someone talk positively about the stat reset, watch GoldEllipse's video! He has 1000 wins and he claims that if it is to be reset, he will tryhard MCSG and get that #1 spot.. but this brings me back to my other point, would he have really earned that #1 spot? Many, many, MANY people will be tryharding that #1 rank and people may even go to hacking just to get there. Think about it, McGamer. Think about it.

TF1xHD

Platinum
Reaction score
(If a yes vote) Atleast give the TOP100 a rank like "LegendRank" and have like a pink name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci