• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

547awesomeness

Tribute
Reaction score
I voted yes, it would be great to see all the people coming back onto the server and raising their stats and I wont have to stats Huahwi everyday to see how far behind he is going. Great idea :) (Also because I could be number 1 for like 5 minutes!)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I feel like that poll is really limiting. Because I don't want to keep everything the same, but I don't want the idea in the first post. I feel as if voting either way doesn't get my point across, so I do hope all of the posts get read.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
My vote is a definite yes.
With new changes coming to MCGamer, we will soon no longer be able to compare the current to the past. Change is needed; change is good; change is what makes life exciting. A leaderboard reset would motivate people to play competitively, and remove the monopoly that certain players have on the top of the leaderboards. If you look at the front page of the leaderboards nowadays, it is absolutely a joke. 6 weeks played? 9 weeks played? How many people are willing to spend that much time playing this one game over and over? Easily less than 0.01%. A leaderboard reset would bring new excitement and new players. It would even motivate old timers to come back for a second go at the top spots.

It sounds like MCSGv3 may soon be upon us, so it's probably time to move on from the old leaderboards, and put them in a showcase forever. A lot of players have left since the summer ended in the northern hemisphere, so I think we need a boost of people who are willing to get involved with the community. Some may deny it, but people who are highly ranked or are regarded as skilled PvPers are far more likely to get involved in the community. So many people simply get overlooked because they don't have enough wins.
You do realize how many people would leave MCSG right?
How do you know? You're probably right that a lot of people would leave, but what about others that would come back and become more interested? A lot of people have complained about the fact that the leaderboards are now, well, a circus. Wouldn't it be nice to see a green name on the front page of the leaderboards? Or a non-Gravey4rd in the #1 spot? (Nothing against him, he's just held it for such a long time)
The amount of teamers and boosters tho :( plz don't do this, I'd probably quit MCSG because everyone would just tryhard.
Nothing against you, but the majority of your profile posts already complain about those things. And you're not the only one. People with an attitude of blaming others for everything will never be content in MCGamer. Anyways, how do we know that the amount of hackers and teamers would go up? Have we ever really sat down and talked with a wide variety of hackers, teamers, and boosters, to ask them why they do what they do? No. We just ban them.

The Broken Window Theory, developed by James Q Wilson and George Kelling states that if a problem, such as a broken window, is visible in a public area, then people will notice it. If the broken window, (or some problem that may be a part of MCGamer) is ignored, then criminals will break more windows in order to get attention and make a point. If the problem is continually ignored, then the problem becomes and epidemic. Policies based on the Broken Window Theory were the main cause of the falls crime rates in New York in the early 1990's. This theory could be one of the reasons for the rampancy of hackers in EU. If we showed the community that we cared by doing a stat reset, we could potentially reduce the number of rule breakers. Or if we just made some sort of change of some kind to remind the community that we still care.
The global stat reset should be an optional thing, like make the stat reset feature a free thing for about a week or so. Personally, I think its really, REALLY annoying how I am just going to have wasted literally 5 weeks, all for nothing...Most of the people that voted Yes are most likely people with bad ratios, or just people that don`t want to feel like a no-life, while almost anyone who has alot of wins and a good ratio has been there before...I used to have a terribad ratio...Then I started to get good, which happens to anyone who actually tries. I would personally quit MCG if they did a global stats reset, and Im 100% sure im not going to be the only one.
First of all, those of you who spend weeks on end of your life chose to do so. Nobody put a lasso around your head and forced you to play whatever thousand games. You probably did it partially for the glory of it, but did you really think you would stand glistening in top 100 forever? Some of you apparently did. But in reality, there is no way that you will stand on top of the leaderboards forever. There will either be a reset, you will fall behind, you will leave and never see those leaderboards again, or the community will die and leave you, so that nobody even cares. By choosing to waste all those hours of your precious life attaining a little number, you accepted the fact that your prestige was temporary.

Indeed Bcuz, you are right in saying that people who are arguing "no" are people with good ratios, high on the leaderboards, but you are a minority. Someone with one win is ranked about 400,000. That means people who have won a game are only about 13% of MCSG. And if you have four wins, that puts you at 200,000, putting you in the 7% percentile. Do you realize how tiny these people are with hundreds of wins are in comparison to everyone else? (If you have 100 wins, that puts you at less than 1% of all players.) That being said, I know that people who play more are bigger contributors to the community, but this reset would please more people. I have around 500 wins with my combined accounts, and I wouldn't give a fluff if all those went down the drain. After all, I thought it was the rank that counted, not the wins? If I wanted to
get good, which happens to anyone who actually tries.
then surely I could be just as popular as I used to be, anyway. Or if you are already good, then those showcase leaderboards will be there to remind everyone of your awesomeness anyway.

This argument is... I hate to say it... the same as the old Raffle Voting debate. Most people here on the forums will reject it because the people in clans and people high on the leaderboards are always resistant to change. They are always outspoken, and act like they are the only people in the community, when they are in fact a minority. The donors and popular people jump on the same bandwagon and refuse to admit that they could be wrong. These are same people that spammed the Official Clan Rules thread the day it came out just because everyone else was doing it, then flamed Dave just because they thought it was funny. Just some perspective.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
A common misconception in this thread that I've seen is that we would keep two sets of servers running, one set of "legacy" servers and the rest as live servers. This is false; there's not going to be any new "legacy" servers to play on. Col_StaR meant that if the leaderboards are to be reset, the current stats would be set in stone on a "legacy leaderboards" page and everyone's stats would be reset for the update.

It sounds like MCSGv3 may soon be upon us
Not necessarily MCSGv3, more like Xime v2 / MCGamer v2 ;)

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like most of the people don't realise the consequence of the leaderboards resetting... there will be rule-breakers trying to get a high ranking on the leaderboards. Also think about the people who've worked so hard for their statistics, personally I worked really hard to get a 1 in 6 ratio with my 200+ ms

TheSalexMC

Platinum
Reaction score
A common misconception in this thread that I've seen is that we would keep two sets of servers running, one set of "legacy" servers and the rest as live servers. This is false; there's not going to be any new "legacy" servers to play on. Col_StaR meant that if the leaderboards are to be reset, the current stats would be set in stone on a "legacy leaderboards" page and everyone's stats would be reset for the update.

Not necessarily MCSGv3, more like Xime v2 / MCGamer v2 ;)
If I bought you a pumpkin spice latte would you make the leaderboards stay? ;)

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I'm at a point in which I can't say yes or no...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci