• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Chest only refilling at the center.

Should the chests refill only at the center?

• Yes

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Making the chests only refill at the corn helps promote more active battles in the center to match the story and movie. People are also making a point with the chests refilling outside of the corn, food was just too common and didn't provide much of any challenge to this. Yes, people will camp, but its just like the movie how the other tributes camped the center. All apart of the game strategy.

Keep in mind, camping and teaming is really not against the rules as it's a strategy played within the game. After making this change I got numerous emails with people stating their opinions about chests that were both for and against this change. So lets talk about chests! What are your opinions?

gammarik

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that, maybe chests outside the center should only refill every second night, or maybe at a 50% chance at each chest every night or second. I liked the old way it worked, but i understand that it makes it more of a challenge, this way. Again, i still think that there should be a refill in other chest, now and then.

fulufu

Tribute
Reaction score
I think thats a good idea, gammarik, btw when will map 2 be out...

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score
I realise you're trying to get as close to the movie/books but there's a line that should be drawn. If you don't get any luck with the chests around the map first time round, you're pretty much screwed for the entire game, cause the alliances are camping the cornucopia, so you have no chance of getting any items that will give you a fighting chance.

I still like the idea of only the corn chests refilling, but I have a better idea. It's food that keeps people from going to the cornucopia, not weapons. So my idea is to have all the chests around the map refill, but only the corn chests will have food in. the rest will have materials, such as string, sticks, weapons, armour, etc.

This will, for one, allow people that don't camp the cornucopia, a chance to get weapons, so they can make their way to the cornucopia to get food and fight the alliances.

Edit: Explaining it a little better.

So here's the scenario: you run through the forest to get to a chest, and getting there all you find is a bowl and a stick. that's nothing to keep you alive, and all the other chests around the map have been raided by other tributes. Now your only chance to survive is to get to the corn to get the items that will soon be refilling at night. But wait! the 5 player alliance is guarding the chests, there's no way you can get to those chests empty handed. Darn! I wish those chests around the map would'v refilled to give me a weapon.

Edit: And obviously, there should be a few other crafting tables scattered around the map, or my idea would be completely useless.

It's sort of a catch 22 really. You need items to get to the corn, but you need to get to the corn to get items.

Jawasus

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the idea of FoolsPower alot, so the cornucopia is a usefull but the rest of the map isn't waste.
I, for example, prefer at the moment travel around the world to figth for the boat or camp at the cornucopia.
But this would motivate me to fight for this place.

nathannj

Spectator
Reaction score
Although i can see why you have made this change, I do think that chests outside the cornucopia should be refilled at some point. Possibly every two nights? I also think that diamonds and other gear that can make a huge difference should be less rare outside the cornucopia as even though staying at the cornucopia is a valid strategy in the movie, a game such as minecraft cannot be compared to the movie in every aspect as in-game it is almost impossible for one player to defeat an alliance that has geared up at the cornucopia.
Also, when you were on the subject of food being too frequent, maybe make certain foods more frequent than others such as cookies being the most frequent and muchroom stew being the least frequent.

Regards, Nathan

bigox96

Survivor
Reaction score
Where's the maybe option? I wanna say maybe because I know some pros and cons of having center only refilling. Pros: Indeed more fighting, more of a challenge to survive.
Cons: Teams can easily dominate the center, people who solo have no chance unless well equipped (but is that really gonna happen without a crafting table to make diamond stuff?), teams can dominate n entire server if they are always ready.

SpaceShip1

Spectator
Reaction score
I am all for the spirit of the books but I agree with FoolsPower that it will cause an tight situation for anyone who doesn't have the cope locked down. I would say refill only a select set of chests, like a couple at the cope, one at the ship and two elsewhere.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
It's perfect the way it is right now with one exception! More crafting tables. I don't mean a crafting table next to each chest. But maybe one in the pirate ship, one at the ruined castle, one at the north tower, one at the southern ruined house, and maybe a few more spots. This allows people to craft armor and weapons from the ingots and sticks they've procured.

stevee1742

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with gammarik that you shouldn't make the center chests the only ones to refill. because who ever wins the beginning battle at the start of the game will most likely win the game...not only that but no one will want to go out into the rest of the world if all the loot is in the center.

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it can just make the game to lopsided. You can no longer win by yourself. You need a team

nathannj

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with Aeonic on the point about crafting tables, it would be nice to have more throughout the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci