• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

COMPETITION: Design a status signature and win DONOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesaucer

Tribute
Reaction score
Guys you shouldn't be using the "Hunger Games Logo" as it would be copyright infringement and we don't want to have a DMCA takedown over it (Removal of the Userbars, New banner)

Hence why I created mine with the MCSG Logo, which Chad did like at one point, just too cluttered.
Is there an image file for it? because I can't really find it anywhere.

EDIT:
What do you guys think about displaying a persons rank on both servers on the same tag? it isn't hard to do.
In that case you need to add up all the stats from both leaderboards, so it DOES get more complicated. However, not so complicated that it isn't easy to do, I think.

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
Is there an image file for it? because I can't really find it anywhere.

EDIT:

In that case you need to add up all the stats from both leaderboards, so it DOES get more complicated. However, not so complicated that it isn't easy to do, I think.
We're having a meeting tonight and maybe already considering this, but as it's hard to get all the data from one server, just makes it cluttered; Therefore we're probably not going to add all the varibles that don't need too be, but only ones that seem really important, like username, rank, total points and kill streak and could do a both.

We're not sure yet.

HeavenlyBlade

Tribute
Reaction score
We're having a meeting tonight and maybe already considering this, but as it's hard to get all the data from one server, just makes it cluttered; Therefore we're probably not going to add all the varibles that don't need too be, but only ones that seem really important, like username, rank, total points and kill streak and could do a both.

We're not sure yet.
Well actually on the variables for the comp it does not state rank, which I don't think is a mistake, points and wins really make your rank so it would be better just to use the highest from both EU and US, so say u got 100 wins in EU but more points in US it could show this on your bar:
Wins: 100 (EU)
That means no complicated coding to work out rank and a more broad bar.

gamesaucer

Tribute
Reaction score
Cory

Do you have the MCSG logo anywhere? I'll be glad to replace the Hunger Games logo with it, in fact I looked for the MCSG logo first, but I can't find it.

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
I just cropped it out of this.

Maybe Chad will upload something easier for you guys, no promises.

The "Rank" data is stored into the database and is show on the Leaderboards, currently; Therefore we can pull the ranks from the server(s).

At the moment it's going to be 2 seprate images for us and eu servers, but userbar will be used for both unless after the meeting I can convince him to allow us to code an API, which allow us to pull data from both servers and display it from one domain, thus making less work for us coders and Chad setting everything up.

loverthehater

Tribute
Reaction score
Mine had a few problems concerning copyright and things like that. I also scaled it down a bit because some people found it a bit big as I figured. So here's a new version that has more of a "survival games" feel more than a "hunger games" feel. Enjoy! :)

HeavenlyBlade

Tribute
Reaction score
I just cropped it out of this.

Maybe Chad will upload something easier for you guys, no promises.

The "Rank" data is stored into the database and is show on the Leaderboards, currently; Therefore we can pull the ranks from the server(s).

At the moment it's going to be 2 seprate images for us and eu servers, but userbar will be used for both unless after the meeting I can convince him to allow us to code an API, which allow us to pull data from both servers and display it from one domain, thus making less work for us coders and Chad setting everything up.
Dude will you try to add my idea then?

Decaf_bread

Spectator
Reaction score
Well if I may throw my two cents in, it could be useful to have seperate tags for career stats and 'best game' stats, because i know some people won't care about both, so if designers are looking to downsize the tag and save on room, they could make separate tags for those two. Although that would probably mean more programming, so I suppose that's really between the programmer and designers. Do you want people to focus more on a smaller, sleeker design, or make it full signature size and fill it with statistics?

There could also be a full size and a mini size version maybe? Kind of like what game did, but bigger on the full size and more info, and that kind of thing would be kept in one's UCP or something, while the mini size is for the signature?

I dunno man, just tossing ideas around and stuff.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not gonna make any more tags for review.... these other one's look much better, I'm just not the design type I suppose. I'm honestly only interested in getting the stats, I love numbers xD

FinsGraphics

Survivor
Reaction score
Hi Ill Start off by saying this is a great idea! I'm kinda busy with other designs right now but i had to give this a try! Ill try and make some more soon (also if you like my design be sure to ask me change anything)

Initial Idea:

Here is one without the text because i didn't really like the way i formatted it:

Here is one that is the same design just a little simpler:

there a little big but you can size them down or i can re format them a little smaller :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci