• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer Help

chrisoca24

Experienced
Reaction score
Out of those two, the dell is better. (No surprise, since it costs more)
But those specs are pretty bad for gaming.
It will melt trying to play while recording.
It's a Core i3 with integrated graphics. Meaning there will be a lot of stress on that processor while gaming, not to mention how low performance it is. Even if it is 3.4 GHz

Most of these low price computers from big name manufacturers aren't made for gaming, just for people that want something they can use for basic things and keep around for a while.
could u maybe suggest something in my price range? these computer terms are messing with my brain(too much mcsg xD)
im not the wealthiest person, but I want something that is better than my slow Toshiba. I know what ur thinking: Toshiba sux!, but I had the Toshiba before getting minecraft. I really want u to look at the asus that is in the original post. please tell me if its worth it or not. :)

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
could u maybe suggest something in my price range? these computer terms are messing with my brain(too much mcsg xD)
im not the wealthiest person, but I want something that is better than my slow Toshiba. I know what ur thinking: Toshiba sux!, but I had the Toshiba before getting minecraft. I really want u to look at the asus that is in the original post. please tell me if its worth it or not. :)
So it's alright if I look at some laptops from some trusted online sellers? you will make the most of your money that way.

With this price range, it's better to just build/buy a PC you can upgrade in the future.

HugBabyBearBear

Experienced
Reaction score
That kind of defeats the purpose. Price doesn't equal performance. Just look at Macs.

I have owned a fully spec-ed 13" MacBook pro ($1600 or so after all the upgrades)
  • 16GB RAM
  • Dual 128 SSD in Raid 0
  • stunk for gaming.
Whereas my $1000 Latitude E6510 is a freaking monster.
  • 8GB RAM
  • Quad-Core i7 Clarksfield
  • 1080p Screen
  • 256 GB HD 5400RPM
  • NVIDIA NVS 3100M
  • Pretty decent for gaming
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba...lack/1766004.p?id=1219063234903&skuId=1766004
?

chrisoca24

Experienced
Reaction score

chrisoca24

Experienced
Reaction score
NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO
That toshiba is better. and that dell desktop is better than all of these.
xD If I cant find another option ill just visit my local best buy to see what they have. right now, im just gonna give it a break and play some mcsg ;)

cmk950003

Platinum
Reaction score
See, this is perfect, but he wants a laptop and doesn't want to buy online.
Why not online, i can see if it was from EBAY Craigslist ETX these website are great

And desktop are 10x better then laptop

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why not online, i can see if it was from EBAY Craigslist ETX these website are great
read his other posts.

Even eBay is pretty safe if you know how to shop on it. Which is a bit of a learning curve.

he apparently doesn't trust buying online and/or just wants to be able to walk in and buy it.

Which not trying to be mean, just sounds like impatience. You could get a better deal online and it would only take at most a week to get to your house. and you won't feel like, "Oh, I just wasted $500, I know the feeling.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
I would send a PC that is only 500 dollars and will run most new games on 30+ frames with MineCraft running at 120+ Frames, but, seeing that he doesn't like buying online, he can lose 1000 dollars buying that Asus that will run on MineCraft with Optifine on 30 FPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci