• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer Help

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
I like the website! but I don't want to buy a computer via internet I just want to be safe and purchase at a store. Thank you for your input though :)
np. I don't know where to go if you're looking for a gaming PC at a store, though :/

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-Location( I don't want to buy online because money transferring through the internet kind of scares me. So maybe suggest computers from Best Buy or something idc)
There is no reason to be afraid of buying online, as long as it is a well known and trusted site you are good.
To be honest, it's not much different from swiping your card at the store.

Now to be perfectly honest, most, if not all store bought PCs are complete junk for anything other than casual usage, they will often cheap out somewhere.
  • ex. RAM speed, HD speed, screen resolution, power supply.
Now, based on this, I'm guessing you don't want to build a PC? Cuz if not it would be really hard to find a good one for that price that can play with decent frames, and record at the same time.

With $500 you could build a decent machine that is good for what you want to do, that you can also upgrade later on.

HugBabyBearBear

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to know what computer you use and a computer that you would suggest to me. Brand names will help too. Here are some requirements for what I plan on buying:

-Budget (I know these budget doesn't seem logical for a gaming computer, but I just don't like what I have now so my budget is $250-400, 500 if I get lucky.)

-Location( I don't want to buy online because money transferring through the internet kind of scares me. So maybe suggest computers from Best Buy or something idc)

-Lag(I don't do that bad with Optifine, but the thing is I want to record, furthermore making a channel. I just want something that has 60 fps without Optifine and then Optifine boosts to 80-90 and my recording software brings it down to 70-80 fps. If you want to know what I am currently using to record which I lag too hard on is ezvid ;) )

So ya, if you guys could help me out I will be thankful for your input to my predicaments, and hopefully I encouraged some of you to record your games with the recording software I suggested. P.S. ezvid is free :p
P.P.S. if advertising recording software isn't allowed I'm sorry Chad :(

EDITED: I plan on getting this one---- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---...lack/9424061.p?id=1219016114601&skuId=9424061
EDITED ONCE AGAIN: I want a pre-made computer, I don't like the building process because it's so perplexed in my opinion. I'm just lethargic so I want a computer that I can just buy in like 5 mins from the cashier lol :p
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-in...rive/9028043.p?id=1218971611623&skuId=9028043

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-de...rive/8573101.p?id=1218878157508&skuId=8573101

Best ones within dat Price Rang e ;)

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Out of those two, the dell is better. (No surprise, since it costs more)
But those specs are pretty bad for gaming.
It will melt trying to play while recording.
It's a Core i3 with integrated graphics. Meaning there will be a lot of stress on that processor while gaming, not to mention how low performance it is. Even if it is 3.4 GHz

Most of these low price computers from big name manufacturers aren't made for gaming, just for people that want something they can use for basic things and keep around for a while.

HugBabyBearBear

Experienced
Reaction score
Out of those two, the dell is better. (No surprise, since it costs more)
But those specs are pretty bad for gaming.
It will melt trying to play while recording.
It's a Core i3 with integrated graphics. Meaning there is a lot of stress on that low performance processor.

Most of these low price computers from big name manufacturers aren't made for gaming, just for people that want something they can use for basic things and keep around for a while.
Oh,i didn't check the specs xD

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh,i didn't check the specs xD
That kind of defeats the purpose. Price doesn't equal performance. Just look at Macs.

I have owned a fully spec-ed 13" MacBook pro ($1600 or so after all the upgrades)
  • 16GB RAM
  • Dual 128 SSD in Raid 0
  • stunk for gaming.
Whereas my $1000 Latitude E6510 is a freaking monster.
  • 8GB RAM
  • Quad-Core i7 Clarksfield
  • 1080p Screen
  • 256 GB HD 5400RPM
  • NVIDIA NVS 3100M
  • Pretty decent for gaming

Last edited:

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
im either looking for a laptop or all in one thanks for the help tho
So you sure you don't want to buy online, you will get the best for your money if you do.
There is no reason to be afraid of buying online, as long as it is a well known and trusted site you are good.
To be honest, it's not much different from swiping your card at the store.

Now to be perfectly honest, most, if not all store bought PCs are complete junk for anything other than casual usage, they will often cheap out somewhere.
  • ex. RAM speed, HD speed, screen resolution, power supply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci