• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer Reset!

OwenzKillz

Platinum
Reaction score
So today is a sad day. It all started yesterday when I downloaded windows 8.1. When the comp turned back on (when finished downloading), a blue screen started to flicker and none of my apps were there. Nothing worked, just a blue flickering screen. I took it into bestbuy, they fixed it. So I bring it back home and it does it again. So I reset my WHOLE computer to what it was like straight out of the box. Everything is gone, minecraft, everything. So yeah it's gonna take me a hell of a lot of time to re download everyhing. This will keep me busy tonight! Wish me the best of luck!

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh well that sucks... sorry man.

From my somewhat decent experience with Windows related computers, I have a feeling that when you took it into BestBuy they did not check for any Trojan Horses (Malicious Viruses). You can get a Trojan Horse from just about anywhere, from downloading a simple texture pack to even downloading some other common programs such as Teamspeak 3 or Skype depending on where you got the download. Though they may not have checked for viruses, BestBuy in general does a pretty good job with computers and most likely using some of there custom programs accidentally took care of the virus. I do not believe upgrading to windows 8.1 caused the problem, I believe a program you might have downloaded prior to upgrading to windows 8.1 caused the computer to freak out like it did. I always tell people this, just out of precaution and such, DO NOT under any circumstance ''click'' or ''download'' any website, program etc without knowing where it is coming from. Yet for all I know xD You may just have a general malfunction and it had a freakout anyway.

Reaction score
That sucks but you probably had lots of junk on the computer now when you start over you are going to have a fresh start getting more FPS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci