• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Concern for the ending of MCSG

Kacashi

Tribute
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think It is not dying but sometimes It can be frustrating dealing with hackers, boosters, and such. Its fun to team, but its not fun if you get teamed on :|

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Now, donor isn't necessary, as it used to be. Any one person can join a game without trouble. This means donator is not necessary on MCSG anymore!
This is a no. There are many benefits to donor other than priority joining. Not only is there a huge benefit to getting extra votes, many players who are higher profile prefer the /d feature in order to avoid targeting. Since there are always more members, there will still be a market to sell donorship too.

hackers are becoming worse and worse... I have around 3 videos that I will upload tonight, and submit them tomorrow. In the spam of a day
Well thank you at least for recording hackers. I'm glad you don't just complain about them and at least do something about it. Maybe you could apply for moderator and cut out the middleman. The more you record the less hackers there will be. Teamers will be forever and we all contribute to that. They are fun to play with and against too sometimes as well. Just have fun. Thanks!

-Demon

P.S. MCSG isn't going anywhere :)

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, donor isn't necessary, as it used to be. Any one person can join a game without trouble. This means donator is not necessary on MCSG anymore, and could result in decrease of funding. (I don't know if I'm right or not, these are just guesses on what will happen.)
Currently, that does not seem to be the exact case. Priority join may not be as important to players than it was before (thanks in part to the sheer number of servers we can host now), but the other perks, like /scramble and /disguise, are what people continue to buy into.

That being said, "MCSG is Dying" has been the catch-phrase since 2013, and all of the doom-saying hasn't really come true yet. So everyone who's thinking that we won't survive Summer should prepare themselves for disappointment.

But is MCSG changing in a way that it's different than what people have become used to? Unfortunately, that is a fact that many people are having trouble accepting. Really, we shouldn't be asking ourselves, "Is the game dying?", but instead ask, "if things are changing in a way we don't like, what can we do to change it back?"
I'll give you a hint: complaining is only demoralizing the people who agree with you.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Currently, that does not seem to be the exact case. Priority join may not be as important to players than it was before (thanks in part to the sheer number of servers we can host now), but the other perks, like /scramble and /disguise, are what people continue to buy into.

That being said, "MCSG is Dying" has been the catch-phrase since 2013, and all of the doom-saying hasn't really come true yet. So everyone who's thinking that we won't survive Summer should prepare themselves for disappointment.

But is MCSG changing in a way that it's different than what people have become used to? Unfortunately, that is a fact that many people are having trouble accepting. Really, we shouldn't be asking ourselves, "Is the game dying?", but instead ask, "if things are changing in a way we don't like, what can we do to change it back?"
I'll give you a hint: complaining is only demoralizing the people who agree with you.
First parts exactly what I said and I totally agree with what you say in your final paragraph. People will always complain about something instead of trying to make a change and improve it.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
A game has to die out some day. It is a natural cycle just like Gecko said.

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score

Idk man. I kinda have to disagree with you, since most of the people in the top of the legacy lb's/most people with a name in the community have left.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Idk man. I kinda have to disagree with you, since most of the people in the top of the legacy lb's/most people with a name in the community have left.
And a number of other notable names have come forward to take their place. Those people may be gone, but their positions and status have passed onto the newer generation of players. Some people might not accept this change of hats, but they can't deny it from occurring.

Again, it's not "dead", it's simply different than what it was before. But if you want to try and make the present in the image of the past, you'll have to boot out the new guys and convince the likes of Graveyard, Mr_Gears, and Reven to get to the top again.

K

KiDD

And a number of other notable names have come forward to take their place. Those people may be gone, but their positions and status have passed onto the newer generation of players. Some people might not accept this change of hats, but they can't deny it from occurring.

Again, it's not "dead", it's simply different than what it was before. But if you want to try and make the present in the image of the past, you'll have to boot out the new guys and convince the likes of Graveyard, Mr_Gears, and Reven to get to the top again.
Hopefully Grave can realize that he's supposed to be at #1 and regain motivation, and the other players who should be at the top, realize the same. I feel him regaining that position would change things...maybe that's just me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci