• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Conglamorate of Desired Features/Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There are about 5 crafting tables I think, one at the end of each main highway.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Yea there are at least 4 crafting tables, I'm sure there's a 5th one in the section of the map I don't go to often.

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
I think the only real solution to counter premade teams is to encourage random player teams/alliances. And by random player teams I don't mean those people that scream "ANYONE TEAM?!" in the lobby. I'm talking about two solo players that come across each other ingame and realize that the only way they have any chance of winning vs another team is to team up themselves. I assume that the whisper function was included to promote this, as well as in-game communication between teams, but really not many people use it.

Another solution would to not have all chests refill at the same time, at least in the cornucopia. This would give players the choice of either camping the middle for an extended period of time and hoping for something good, or going around to other chests before returning to middle to try and snatch something. Right now, the cornucopia is meant to be a 'high risk, high reward' area, but since all of the chests respawn at once anybody who gets there first can get out in less than a minute, making it a relatively low-risk area (because of the time required to be spent) compared to the value of the items you can get. Increasing the amount of time that a team would have to camp the corn gives solo players an advantage of being able to go through wilderness chests and possibly get better items (because on occasion corn gives absolute BULL in terms of items)

carlotta4th

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the only real solution to counter premade teams is to encourage random player teams/alliances. And by random player teams I don't mean those people that scream "ANYONE TEAM?!" in the lobby. I'm talking about two solo players that come across each other ingame and realize that the only way they have any chance of winning vs another team is to team up themselves. I assume that the whisper function was included to promote this, as well as in-game communication between teams, but really not many people use it.

Another solution would to not have all chests refill at the same time, at least in the cornucopia. This would give players the choice of either camping the middle for an extended period of time and hoping for something good, or going around to other chests before returning to middle to try and snatch something. Right now, the cornucopia is meant to be a 'high risk, high reward' area, but since all of the chests respawn at once anybody who gets there first can get out in less than a minute, making it a relatively low-risk area (because of the time required to be spent) compared to the value of the items you can get. Increasing the amount of time that a team would have to camp the corn gives solo players an advantage of being able to go through wilderness chests and possibly get better items (because on occasion corn gives absolute BULL in terms of items)
Both are very good points. Hopefully the "same district" idea in the OP would help even out teaming a bit more, but if not... well, I suppose there just wouldn't be much we can do to discourage teams beyond what is presented. Teaming is an integral part of the game, and we certainly don't want to destroy it--just hone it a bit more.

I especially agreed that the cornicopia supposed to be a high risk, high reward area. If the refills for the cornicopia were randomized, then I think it would become either A) Far more risky, as people would rush the center once they got the message or B) encourage teaming even more, with large teams just sitting in the center the whole time waiting for the random respawns. And as much as I'd hope people would take the A path... in actuality, I think we'd just see large teams sitting at spawn the whole time. =/

Are there any alternate ways we can make the center more dangerous? Random meteor attacks, or... mobs spawning at a higher rate or something? (throwing out random idea, here. No clue if they are feasible).

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with you except on problem 4. A deathmatch of 3 will make it unfair. Porably 2 people are going to pill the other one. That isn't really fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci