• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Count To 50 Before The Staff Posts!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I was asked to make a 5-paragraph essay on this thread, so here I am. And it must have a message, as well, so this should be quite unusual. Actually, it was The_Arena_Master who was trying to get me to help him impress a girl or something, because I have absolutely no idea why I'm doing this, other than it was pretty much a challenge to my intelligence. This essay is due by this weekend, but odds are I'll finish it by tonight unless I go out with some family church friends to a restaurant.
Oh, and he also questioned my avatar's hair. Mamiamato24 | Azurdo
Please don't copy this in school, although taking inspiration from it for a boring day would be acceptable.
The only copying and pasting that I performed was when I was reformatting and reorganizing the essay. I did not plagiarize anything.

My favorite number, 7. In English, it is spelled "Seven," and has five letters. Its numerical form generally has two lines and one angle, and can have certain intricate details depending on the font. Ordinarily, the angle in the number 7 has an acute angle, and its diagonal line is generally longer than its horizontal angle, yet again depending on the font. The number seven, also written 7, has special importance to me, as it is a simple number that speaks so many volumes, yet can be so insignificant, varying based on how one looks at it.

The number 7 comes before 8, and after 6. On a positive scale of whole numbers, which would include any whole number above 0 (1, 2, 3, and infinitely higher) 7 is relatively low; however, when counting basic items in everyday tasks in the real world, 7 can actually be a surprisingly large sum. One of the most popular numerical jokes in the English language is: "Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine!" This plays off of how the number 8 sounds in the English language. 8, pronounced almost identically to the word, "Ate," can be substituted for it in certain informal situations or in verbal context. This changes the second section of the joke to, "Seven ate nine," and refers to eating.

One of the reasons the number 7 is my favorite number is biblical. It is one of the ideal, perfect numbers. Used 735 times in the Bible. Including variations of the word such as, "Seventh," and "Sevenfold," the count is now 860 uses in the Old and New Testaments, combined. 7 is the number of perfection, both spiritually and physically, and is the basis for much of God's word and several of his commands. Numbers such as 70, 700, 77, and 777 are also used periodically throughout the Bible. The Bible is often separated into 7 sections. The apostle Paul also refers to the Christ with 7 different titles in the book of Hebrews, and there were also 7 days of creation in Genesis. Another very important number in the Bible is the number 12, such as the 12 disciples and 12 tribes.

Lastly, the final reasons that I chose 7 as my favorite number. It is a prime number, meaning it is not divisible by any whole numbers except for 1 and itself. I also wanted a number between 0 and 10, so I used the process of elimination. 1 was too simple for my tastes, and too common. 2 was also much too common, and 3 was another unoriginal character. 4 was an even number and also quite common, and 5 was a classic first pick for many. 6 is even and a bit too close in pronunciation to a word that I'm still uncomfortable saying. 8 was even, and too symmetrical for my tastes. 9 was my second pick, but had no special importance, and was also too close to the last available choice, 10, which was an obvious no-go. That left me with 7 and 9, and seeing as 7 had biblical importance, I chose that.

So as you can see, I was very meticulous in choosing my favorite number, and I ensured that it had some sort of significance. I did not just think to myself, "I like how this number looks. It's my favorite number." No, no, no, I actually went through several dozen minutes of deliberation and careful thought. I actually was equipped to write this essay several months ago, but I never was prompted to do so, and I never remembered to, until now. So here it is, my favorite number. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, th
e number seven!

Special thanks to Zaex for actually posting 6 so that I didn't have to do it, and so that I'd be able to post it on 7.
Also, I have to tag someone, but I forget who. Edit: Oh I think it was EyeOfTheEagle

Edit 2: Oh yeah, I told Arena I'd finish it in an hour. I did it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci