• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Creating a map, what do you think?

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys I decided I would go ahead and create a map for the server and was wondering what you guys think of it so far.I am aiming for this map to hold 24 players and its pretty big I think so hopefully it will do. At the moment it only has the corn at the middle and the land needs to be raised and lowered in places as well as the lake and sea floors but after I will be adding chest, secret chests,bridges ect.

I also need to make it look a bit more island like and will be adding big cliffs and other different types of blocks just to give it more of a different feel to the main map. So yeah this is my first map i'm creating and hopefully u guys will enjoy it and i'll let you know when its finished :)
Check below for screenshots - You can't see the chests in the first picture but they are there :)
(UPDATE) I have just tested adding in some more cliffs and stuff and the result is very nice so I will carry on with these and hopefully get you guys more pictures later on.
(UPDATE) Just added some hidden chests around the map and used some redstone too. Also placed traps around the place and some little challenge.
(UPDATE) Many of the chests are now placed and there are some structures on the map. The next step is to do a private server test.

Will1

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow this looks really good so far. I hope that all goes well with the map in the future and hope that we will get a glimpse at a more complete map soon :)

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks will. I have just finished some very basic stuff to do with hidden chests and now just got to build some structures. Below is a screenshot of a challenege on the map, will be really cool with 2 guys fighting over the chest.

Will1

Spectator
Reaction score
I can just picture the scene, with 2 tributes leaping from one podium to the next and meeting in the middle. Should be EPIC!

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok guys so I have now finished a lot of the stuff and jsut need to make some final adjustments to the map. I may set up a server for a little bit as a test run and get feedback on the map so I can make the changes and then release the map
(EDIT) The test run btw would mean flying around in creative game mode and checking everything out.

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey all. This morning I have added another little challenge for people to try and do to get to a chest on the map and I feel it is coming along nicely. This morning I have decided I would let you guys test the map out and have a look around. The server is only running permissions and essentials so I have some admin control and building is disabled but I will probs re-enable it because I ahve so many backups of the world. If you are interesting in taking a look at the map then let me know and I will set up my connection and post the IP here. Thanks

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Tell me when the private test server is out, i want to test :)

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci