• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Creating an Alt Account

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So recently I've been seeing a lot of threads regarding alt accounts, and people having trouble finding a name for said alts that they want to buy; so I'm here to put together a small guide on making a good name that you'll be satisfied with for the long run c:

Step 1 - What goes into a name?

The first step to making a good name is knowing what makes a good name, and what doesn't. If you want a cool name, try to avoid adding cliche things like numbers, "PVP", "HD", and "MC" at the end. While they may be decent things to add to a name, they're just too common and so many people have them in their name. Some people may see your name as generic and you might become dissatisfied with it later! Another thing to try to avoid is making your name sound too rediculous by adding a lot of letters like 'q', 'z', 'x', 'y', and strange letters like that because of the same reasons as stated before. I'm not saying to completely avoid all of those letters, but a name like qiZzxynzox just doesn't sound right.. Use letters wisely. The most important thing to keep in mind is to BE ORIGINAL. Make your name something you made up, or make it a spin off of something you like, make it two words you think sound cool together, or make it based off of something you're good at! It's not hard to be creative if you don't make it hard!

Step 2 - Making your good name

Now that you know what to avoid, try combining things to make something you like. If you think you'll never be able to find a name, just be patient! Eventually you'll find something you really like and will want to use. The most important thing that goes into name-making is making sure the name sticks to you. Before buying the account, wait a week or so to make sure that the name wasn't just a spur of the moment. There are two types of names that tend to be most liked by yourself and others in the community. Those tend to be the one-word names with 5-8 letters with a capital letter in the beginning. Ceroria I guess would be a good example. To come up with that, I just took some words and played around with them until I got it! The only downside is the fact that so many people have gotten these "original" names that some people consider them too mainstream now. Sadly, that's just society. The other type of name is the two-word names. These tend to be names that include, obviously, two words that fit well together whether through alliteration (consecutive words starting with the same letter) or just the fact that they sound cool. A good example of these would be the name FireFading (sadly, someone hacked it :c), but it's a great example of a solid two-word name, with alliteration and both of the words kind of sound exotic and interesting.

The best way to find names like this would be to just take ordinary words and play with them! That's how I've found most of my names. I mean, Ceroria was a mix of 'cereal' 'rawr' and a cool suffix of 'ia' that a lot of people were using at the time (summer 2013). A while ago, BlueHeron made a guide like this and linked a website that comes up with some pretty cool base words. I beleive it was a fantasy name generator of some sorts and could definitely provide some inspiration for a name at the least. It's where I came up with the name Avesu (belongs to Austin now :3).

Now that you have some more information under your belt, go forth in this world and make alt accounts! :p. I hope this helped, feel free to ask questions.

Reaction score
Meatiness is an available Minecraft account for anyone who wants a really awesome name.

And nice guide, I'd like to change my name to my forum name once 1.8 comes out.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
The other type of name is the two-word names. These tend to be names that include, obviously, two words that fit well together whether through alliteration (consecutive words starting with the same letter) or just the fact that they sound cool. A good example of these would be the name FireFading (sadly, someone hacked it :c), but it's a great example of a solid two-word name, with alliteration and both of the words kind of sound exotic and interesting.
Thats my name :D. I came up with this in 2012 but didnt use it until 2013. I tried to think of 2 words with the same letter that fit good, and I think I did a good job! :D

LittleRawr_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For the past month I've archived a list of around 60 alt names, not to be used but in case of emergency idk. Threads like this help GL.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Nice guide! Names that are comedic, like Morgan_Freewoman, can be of note also if you like the attention it might bring. If you want to stay in the shadows though, I'd suggest going with a name like "StoopBoy201954". StoopBoy is a popular name, you know.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice guide! Names that are comedic, like Morgan_Freewoman, can be of note also if you like the attention it might bring. If you want to stay in the shadows though, I'd suggest going with a name like "StoopBoy201954". StoopBoy is a popular name, you know.
I get a lot of attention for my alt "fite_me_irl". Not sure if I enjoy it or not.

I like to keep a steve skin on my alts and act cluelessly, then imagine the look on people's faces when I kill them >: )

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
So recently I've been seeing a lot of threads regarding alt accounts, and people having trouble finding a name for said alts that they want to buy; so I'm here to put together a small guide on making a good name that you'll be satisfied with for the long run c:

Step 1 - What goes into a name?

The first step to making a good name is knowing what makes a good name, and what doesn't. If you want a cool name, try to avoid adding cliche things like numbers, "PVP", "HD", and "MC" at the end. While they may be decent things to add to a name, they're just too common and so many people have them in their name. Some people may see your name as generic and you might become dissatisfied with it later! Another thing to try to avoid is making your name sound too rediculous by adding a lot of letters like 'q', 'z', 'x', 'y', and strange letters like that because of the same reasons as stated before. I'm not saying to completely avoid all of those letters, but a name like qiZzxynzox just doesn't sound right.. Use letters wisely. The most important thing to keep in mind is to BE ORIGINAL. Make your name something you made up, or make it a spin off of something you like, make it two words you think sound cool together, or make it based off of something you're good at! It's not hard to be creative if you don't make it hard!

Step 2 - Making your good name

Now that you know what to avoid, try combining things to make something you like. If you think you'll never be able to find a name, just be patient! Eventually you'll find something you really like and will want to use. The most important thing that goes into name-making is making sure the name sticks to you. Before buying the account, wait a week or so to make sure that the name wasn't just a spur of the moment. There are two types of names that tend to be most liked by yourself and others in the community. Those tend to be the one-word names with 5-8 letters with a capital letter in the beginning. Ceroria I guess would be a good example. To come up with that, I just took some words and played around with them until I got it! The only downside is the fact that so many people have gotten these "original" names that some people consider them too mainstream now. Sadly, that's just society. The other type of name is the two-word names. These tend to be names that include, obviously, two words that fit well together whether through alliteration (consecutive words starting with the same letter) or just the fact that they sound cool. A good example of these would be the name FireFading (sadly, someone hacked it :c), but it's a great example of a solid two-word name, with alliteration and both of the words kind of sound exotic and interesting.

The best way to find names like this would be to just take ordinary words and play with them! That's how I've found most of my names. I mean, Ceroria was a mix of 'cereal' 'rawr' and a cool suffix of 'ia' that a lot of people were using at the time (summer 2013). A while ago, BlueHeron made a guide like this and linked a website that comes up with some pretty cool base words. I beleive it was a fantasy name generator of some sorts and could definitely provide some inspiration for a name at the least. It's where I came up with the name Avesu (belongs to Austin now :3).

Now that you have some more information under your belt, go forth in this world and make alt accounts! :p. I hope this helped, feel free to ask questions.
Awesome guide!

I was really happy with my IGN back when I made it (same as my forum name ya know) and I think it's still really cool but I want some original, one word username, and I started thinking of them today actually and I instantly thought about Ceroria: How the f did he come up with that name?!

I have one username in my mind, but it has a q in it, I thought of it a few days ago, and I thought that my username needs to have a q in it, and it is still cool, I'm just thinking of different options x)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci