• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Criticizing some of the newest "features" [CAST YOUR VOTE!]

Do you think I'm right?

• Yes, I feel like your points are right.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No, I can't get your points, sorry.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • ur a nab -_-!

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
As you may be assuming from the title (and if you haven't noticed yet), with the new update, it basically counts your game as a loss when you leave during the in-game process.
I'd highly wish this variation was not done, as it's quite a big problem when you leave a game (after not being hit of course) because you're scared to face huge teams, hackers, and everything that kills the "competition" there is in the servers. Also, this results unfair for those people who don't have good computers or decent connections, as a crash/time out will result in a "Quit" anyway, counting in the statistics, which, once again, is unfair.
The only positive thing I can personally find in this is the fact that it's effective against people who boost, but there's a simple solution. The person who left should count as a person who Quit the game on the game's page, but shouldn't count in the player's statistics, so that boosters could still get caught and people who tend to crash/leave because of lack of time/leave not to face huge teams (4-men-teams for example)/whatever reason a person should leave.
Some people may consider it just something minor and not so important, but it honestly is when you're seeing undeserved losses on your account's statistics just because you were afraid to face, let's say, a hacker, which just happened to me today twice, and so two games obviously counted on my account.
Anything else with the new update is pretty solid I'd say, even though I also feel like the legacy leaderboards should be easier to access, as many people (especially the ones not very used to Forums and the website in general) don't tend to find them and will make useless threads asking how to make it into them.
P.S.: I'd also want to point out a bug that's been bugging me for the last few days: when right-clicking the Fishing Rod, the bobber won't always shoot, in fact, it will often (Quite often, about 1 in 3 times) shoot and then cast instantly. That's just something quite annoying, especially when facing teams or just having to run away and trying to knock people further.

Thanks for reading, make sure to cast your vote!

- NickSharpx

Edit 02/04: I'm also expecting a more user friendly command to check the sum of the new and old statistics, and I'm sure the developers will be working on it soon, just because /debug isn't a command that many people would use, as it doesn't suggest anything that has to do with stats...

More Edit: Also, there is Raffle voting which isn't that much of a problem but it results to be so when you find yourself in a map you don't know and will want to leave, as the game will count: what a shame.

NEWLY FOUND ANNOYING BUG:
Eventually, some of your games played won't count: In my case, in the new statistics, I should have one more win and one more game played, which in fact has been counted but won't show. So, if you try and do /debug, you can clearly see it counted, by subtracting your old stats from what the ones shown in the debug window are.
I'd like some sort of fix for this and maybe my win to be counted (?).
Edit: Actually, read a post from YourAverageTiger that the wins on Alaskan Village and Demons Breeze are not counting. Thanks for the find, in fact, in my case the win that didn't register was on Demon's Breeze. Then watch out people, but I suggest not leaving as the game could count, so that if this gets fixed the wins may count... (?)

Last edited:

Crafterr

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with you to an extent about the game loss/point loss from leaving the game. As a moderator, it is just a little annoying to know you just lost a game/points when you switch into GameMaster to watch a hacker mid-game. I think there should be a little more tweaking to this aspect of the game. I'll be sure to bring it up at the next Mod Meeting! :)

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I love how 'legacy leaderboards' were an excuse on why it's not so bad for us at the top yet the leaderboards are practically hidden.

I also love how it was said that our legacy stats will be shown alongside the normal stats which as you can tell, didn't happen. Unless there is a separate command?

Crafterr

Platinum
Reaction score
I love how 'legacy leaderboards' were an excuse on why it's not so bad for us at the top yet the leaderboards are practically hidden.

I also love how it was said that our legacy stats will be shown alongside the normal stats which as you can tell, didn't happen. Unless there is a separate command?
Keep in mind that the new forums have just came out today. Changes and tweaks to how the layout of leaderboards ( and everything in general ), are subject to change. Hopefully, there will be something implemented to please both sides! :)

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score

I think the separate command they had mentioned (/ostats) is going to be added, as it would be quite easy to code and I'm expecting it come very soon.

I'd have to agree with you to an extent about the game loss/point loss from leaving the game. As a moderator, it is just a little annoying to know you just lost a game/points when you switch into GameMaster to watch a hacker mid-game. I think there should be a little more tweaking to this aspect of the game. I'll be sure to bring it up at the next Mod Meeting! :)
Thanks a lot, I always like it when Staff listens to the community, and this could really change things, thank you again.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yep, if there's one thing I agree on more than everything else you stated, it's that the Legacy 'boards are to hard to find. I'm a avid forumer myself and it took me a while to find it.

GoldenWave

Career
Reaction score
Very nice points, I got 2 losses from leaving against a hacker and a 3 team too, I don't care that much but it is a little bit annoying. Hope it'll get fixed, and with the help of a mod I feel like it could very likely. Also if I could've voted more than once I would've voted for "ur a nab -_-"
but hey, democracy.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
bcfcAnt I totally get it. I am going to ask in our next mod meeting if it is possible to have the legacy leaderboards featured on the front page of the leaderboards home page alongside the other ones. That way it will be more noticeable, and easier to find. As of right now /debug is the only way to see your old stats in game. Hopefully there will be a more user intuitive command in the future.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score

You simply cannot expect not to be bugs and things people won't like. This is why the developers are updating and changing stuff.
Give it a while before posting criticising threads because the developers have worked there butt off for the benefit of the community. The community asked for this change and I feel it's good to see the administration reaching out to the community.

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
Very nice points, I got 2 losses from leaving against a hacker and a 3 team too, I don't care that much but it is a little bit annoying. Hope it'll get fixed, and with the help of a mod I feel like it could very likely. Also if I could've voted more than once I would've voted for "ur a nab -_-"
but hey, democracy.
You could, noober -.-''!!! XD ^_^ -_- I allowed 2 votes at a time just for that lol

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score

You simply cannot expect not to be bugs and things people won't like. This is why the developers are updating and changing stuff.
Give it a while before posting criticising threads because the developers have worked there butt off for the benefit of the community. The community asked for this change and I feel it's good to see the administration reaching out to the community.
I obviously know it, and that's the reason why I posted the thread. It's needed for the developers and the staff team to notice the "bugs" or non user friendly features faster than they would've with all the work they usually do, such as reading Mod apps, reading ban disputes, reading abuses reports and what not...
Also, the thing that the game counts when you leave is done on purpose I'd say, as if you check the game's page you can clearly see the word "Quit" right next to the person's name, that's why I wanted to point that out the most, and have put it as the central topic of the whole thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci