• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cryosleep?

Freezer Sleep

• Great Idea, I could literally live inside my freezer if I needed

• Bad idea.. I would miss my mom.

• It'd be better if I was paid.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thiskid

Survivor
Reaction score
It does help.
It does.

Cryosleeping, where you hop into a freezer and sleep for a few years :)

Is Cryosleeping beneficial to us, humans?

Claiming that the practice is essential for effectively recharging the body and waking fully rested and alert, doctors at Stanford University issued a report Monday emphasizing the importance of getting at least eight centuries of atomically powered cryosleep. “As long as you properly organize your schedule to ensure you have enough time for eight full centuries of suspended animation, you’ll be able to get up in the early 29th century completely refreshed and ready to go,” said Dr. Ram Krishnan, lead researcher at the university’s cryosleep lab, adding that to assure quality metarest, the ideal cryonic hibernation environment should be quiet, dark, and capable of maintaining a constant temperature of -320 degrees Fahrenheit. “It’s also important to avoid distractions when preparing for 800 years of hypersuspension, as they could affect the restfulness of your cryosleep. So make sure to forgo caffeine and silence your phone before replacing your blood with medical-grade antifreeze and climbing into your cryopreservation capsule.” For those whose schedules limit them to only four or five centuries of uninterrupted biostasis, Dr. Krishnan recommended making up the time by taking several 100-year-long, cryonically assisted naps throughout the millennium.

Have you changed your mind about where you sleep tonight? I have.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
This is funny, a friend of mine did a presentation about this in class last week. I thought it was really cool, I may consider applying to do this when I am older. Obviously, I would only enter cyrosleep when I am old :p.

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
Here I thought it meant = cry yourself to sleep (cry-o-sleep) ;-; thanks for letting me know what it actually is!

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Here I thought it meant = cry yourself to sleep (cry-o-sleep) ;-; thanks for letting me know what it actually is!
Have you seriously never heard of this before? I suggest you watch this short film on what it is about :

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Have you ever seen Bill and Ted? It's a hilariously incorrect movie about time travel. But if you look at the people that Bill and Ted collected, some were going only about 100-200 years into the future, and they were confused, like, to no confusion.

Not only would you not know anything about what's going on, whose going to monitor you for 800 years? Are humans even going to get that far?

Let's get Tenebrous12321 on the case…

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Impossible for now.

In the future you will be able to upload your synaptic connections to a computer in order to create a backup. (This will happen during our lifetime if current trends continue)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci