• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

CS:GO is the COD killer?

Zaneee

Platinum
Reaction score
Is CS:GO the COD killer...pfft
You're about 2 years late mate. it has been for ages and will continue being.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Is CS:GO the COD killer...pfft
You're about 2 years late mate. it has been for ages and will continue being.
2 years ago? Pretty sure i said that's when COD lost it..

RichardBranson

Spectator
Reaction score
I thought it would have showed up by now with how bad CoD is killing itself from within. Are there any shooters in the works that are good candidate for being the next big thing in terms of popularity and sales? Something you can just jump right in and start playing easily but still be a good and fun game?

Destiny didn't do it for me, it's too complicated and I'd rather just play Halo.

Counterstrike seems to be enjoying a high again on PC with CS:GO but that's PC. The console version was made and everyone laughed. Console version is an afterthought and the unwanted step-child in the counterstrike community

Battlefield 4 and Hardline are too niche and just don't have enough juice in them to overtop CoD in sales or popularity. I wanted Battlefield to top CoD but the problem with it is that it seems to be designed for PC style of shooter with a focus on big maps to support co-op with vehicles/snipers. Everything else just feels like an afterthought. Just go in team deathmatch in either game and you'll see what I mean, especially Hardline's TDM... spawns are attrocious.

I'm going to remain skeptical of CoD BO3. It's looking better then AW but...

Doom 4? Don't know anything about it's online other then that it's going to have a robust map editor.

Halo 5 is looking hopefull...but I just don't know.

Splatoon is doing good in sales but that's just the WiiU haha. Oh man I miss the good old days of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 on the original Wii...

Could Battlefront be the one to put the nail in CoD's coffin? It has the fanbase to do so but will the game be good? It is going to be a Battlefield hybrid so I'm going to remain skeptical on it...

Or is the future just going to be an endless loop of new versions of CS, Halo and CoD with "that other shooter" that's almost as good but not quite there, which pops every now and then?

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
CSGO and COD aren't the same game; cs:go won't be killing COD, esp. on console.

CSGO is a tactial shooter that relies on teamwork. (every stereotypical minecraft player plays csgo)

COD is a game that you play to have fun with your friends.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
CSGO and COD aren't the same game; cs:go won't be killing COD, esp. on console.

CSGO is a tactial shooter that relies on teamwork. (every stereotypical minecraft player plays csgo)

COD is a game that you play to have fun with your friends.
Many people don't play COD for fun. They play COD to kill and win. By COD killer i mean sales wise. CSGO is taking sales that, otherwise, may have gone into COD.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
Many people don't play COD for fun. They play COD to kill and win. By COD killer i mean sales wise. CSGO is taking sales that, otherwise, may have gone into COD.
by that logic the witcher killed the dragon age games?

it's an apples-orange comparison

cmk950003

Platinum
Reaction score
Counter strike has always been a popular game even in 1.6 just not alot of people played it because of graphics, and streaming and you tube was not as big, as it is now cod has been Good since they went to the future.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Counter strike has always been a popular game even in 1.6 just not alot of people played it because of graphics, and streaming and you tube was not as big, as it is now cod has been Good since they went to the future.
Ghosts was garbage. B02 was really good. AW was okay. B03 Looks good though.

Reaction score
I can't really say much about CoD, as I haven't played much, if any of it. CSGO I am liking and starting to get into more. Currently has to be my favorite game to just play casually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci