• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cyber-Bullying - Make it stop! - 2016 Edition

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the internet is meant for people who can handle trolls. not for whiny kids. if you're getting cyberbullied and affected by it, you are clinically retarded for being insulted by someone who can only say it on a screen, rendering this thread completely pointless.

this is an outrageous attempt for attention and/or likes. worst edition 2016
This thread was posted for the simple reason of helping others, it was not a way for me to gain likes, if I wanted likes I would log on to the forums daily but, as you can see by my posts I log on every month or so.
I am not an active forumer so your accusation that I am posting this thread for likes is completely unjustified, I have no interest in the forums besides supporting Maps and ideas.

Please remove yourself from the thread if you haven't got a supporting opinion, this thread is for one purpose as I mentioned above. Any further comment made by yourself in such a disrespectful way will be reported and then hopefully later removed by a Moderator, Have a nice day! ;)

This thread is so stupid , if you get "cyberbullyed" , let me teach you how to leave that situation:
1º-Turn down the game / web / skype / ts
done.
If you don't like the mcsg insults , just go to multiplayer settings ,and put the opacity of the chat on 0%
well gl
This thread may seem pointless in your eyes, but in the eyes of myself and supporting staff members/regular players it is extremely helpful, you may chose to have said opinion however it isn't very helpful towards the people actually suffering from cyber bullies. Yes they can "Turn down the game / web / skype / ts" but, they shouldn't have to? People shouldn't be forced off their computers because somebody decides to harass or attack them, they have every right to remain with the network and with the virtual world.

If someone came up to you in the street and harassed you, what would you do? Turn off your brain/body? I think not, you would stand up to them and fight for your own right to be in the street, we can not go around teaching young people that it is okay to bully others in any form. The same goes for you, if you decide to disrespect myself, others or the thread itself your comment will be reported then hopefully removed by a Moderator. I also hope you have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

Sebastian

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If there is more flame and disrespectful comments, your messages will be removed. If you continue to create harsh comments, there will be consequences. Please keep your messages appropriate.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This thread was posted for the simple reason of helping others, it was not a way for me to gain likes, if I wanted likes I would log on to the forums daily but, as you can see by my posts I log on every month or so.
I am not an active forumer so your accusation that I am posting this thread for likes is completely unjustified, I have no interest in the forums besides supporting Maps and ideas.

Please remove yourself from the thread if you haven't got a supporting opinion, this thread is for one purpose as I mentioned above. Any further comment made by yourself in such a disrespectful way will be reported and then hopefully later removed by a Moderator, Have a nice day! ;)

This thread may seem pointless in your eyes, but in the eyes of myself and supporting staff members/regular players it is extremely helpful, you may chose to have said opinion however it isn't very helpful towards the people actually suffering from cyber bullies. Yes they can "Turn down the game / web / skype / ts" but, they shouldn't have to? People shouldn't be forced off their computers because somebody decides to harass or attack them, they have every right to remain with the network and with the virtual world.

If someone came up to you in the street and harassed you, what would you do? Turn off your brain/body? I think not, you would stand up to them and fight for your own right to be in the street, we can not go around teaching young people that it is okay to bully others in any form. The same goes for you, if you decide to disrespect myself, others or the thread itself your comment will be reported then hopefully removed by a Moderator. I also hope you have a nice day! :)

I'm honestly loving this post, it's people like you that deserve so much more acknowledgment in the community. Because from what I've seen, there isn't enough awareness towards cyber-bullying, and people deserve to be informed on why it isn't as easy to solve as many anticipate it to be.
But it's this quote that really got me "People shouldn't be forced off their computers because somebody decides to harass or attack them, they have every right to remain with the network and with the virtual world". I couldn't agree with you more... Nothing annoys me more than having some keyboard warriors prancing around our network assuming they own the place and abuse people! As much as everyone has the liberty to say what they want, they must understand that the consequences will be something different. So for people who still think that they should have a right to abuse people, I have one thing to say...
BE HUMBLE! Because whether you like it or not, just because you can excuse yourself with trying to harass other members of the community, the consequences will inevitably come back and get to you.
So this isn't about your liberty, people. This is about COMMON DECENCY! And moral standards! >.<

And as I said before in a previous post here, cyber-bullying isn't JUST trash-talking in-game. But it's about in-real life situations, in which you almost LITERALLY cannot get out of. For more information, please try to familiarize with the Amanda Todd incident, that's cyber bullying too. And just by turning off a computer or deleting social media clearly never helped her either. So please, one last time. Just be kind and humble people, try to care for others once in a while! <3

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm honestly loving this post, it's people like you that deserve so much more acknowledgment in the community. Because from what I've seen, there isn't enough awareness towards cyber-bullying, and people deserve to be informed on why it isn't as easy to solve as many anticipate it to be.
But it's this quote that really got me "People shouldn't be forced off their computers because somebody decides to harass or attack them, they have every right to remain with the network and with the virtual world". I couldn't agree with you more... Nothing annoys me more than having some keyboard warriors prancing around our network assuming they own the place and abuse people! As much as everyone has the liberty to say what they want, they must understand that the consequences will be something different. So for people who still think that they should have a right to abuse people, I have one thing to say...
BE HUMBLE! Because whether you like it or not, just because you can excuse yourself with trying to harass other members of the community, the consequences will inevitably come back and get to you.
So this isn't about your liberty, people. This is about COMMON DECENCY! And moral standards! >.<

And as I said before in a previous post here, cyber-bullying isn't JUST trash-talking in-game. But it's about in-real life situations, in which you almost LITERALLY cannot get out of. For more information, please try to familiarize with the Amanda Todd incident, that's cyber bullying too. And just by turning off a computer or deleting social media clearly never helped her either. So please, one last time. Just be kind and humble people, try to care for others once in a while! <3
Thank you so much Miner, I am only trying to help people, people just don't seem to see the true severity behind Cyber bullying as a whole! :/

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with trying to "stop" cyberbullying. For as long is there's sin in the world, there will be mean people. As long as we have the internet, there will be mean people on the internet. As long as we have mean people on the internet, there will be cyberbullying. Sadly, that's the world we live in. That's also why teaching people how to grow thick skin is, unfortunately, the only true way to "stop" cyberbullying.

But here's the good news: words can only hurt you if you let them hurt you! You are in control of weather or not you choose to be offended by what someone thinks of you. Gone with the philosophy of "anything offensive someone chooses to say about you ought to offend you"! If you can't look past what a person behind a screen says about you, you aught not be behind a screen yourself.

You want to know how to stop cyberbullying? Stop affiliating yourselves with people who cyberbully you! Remember, you're in control here! As soon as someone sends you a nasty message over the internet, the ball is in your court. It's up to you on how you wanna deal with it. Choose to grow thick skin and you win! Choose to get off your computer and you win! That's how you stop cyberbullying.

To be clear, I'm not saying you should feel bad about yourself if you're offended by what someone says about you over the internet. It can feel bad just knowing someone would say something mean about you in general. If you're being cyberbullied, talk to someone about it and have them help you find the right solution for you. I hope at the very least my message gave you some hope. Sure we can't achieve the perfect goal of eradicating the mean spirit within people. But it doesn't mean we have to let it eat away at us. And it certainly doesn't have to be you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci