• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Death/Kill messages (more detailed)

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I think that the usual 'A cannon has been heard in the distance' message is boring. It would be awesome if it says :
'Tribute <victim> from District <number> has been killed by <killer> with a <weapon>"

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
I believe one of the reasons that this is not stated is that it adds suspense into the game - it means you don't know who has got kills and who hasn't, making you weary about everyone in the match.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I believe one of the reasons that this is not stated is that it adds suspense into the game - it means you don't know who has got kills and who hasn't, making you weary about everyone in the match.
True :/, but it would be funny if this was added and if the weapon used are like 'Fishing Pole' or 'Seeds' :p

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
True :/, but it would be funny if this was added and if the weapon used are like 'Fishing Pole' or 'Seeds' :p
I think if the weapon was said that could be interesting as if you see 'Diamond Sword' without knowing who owns it, it would make people quite scared :3

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd make more like the series where the show a picture of the tribute that was killed in the sky using those holographic screens.... but since we obviously can't do that, it's be cool to see a message saying who it was.

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
bu then we would know who has a wepon and what kind also we do know who was killed and who wasnt at the night they say these have passed just like in the movie no body know who and what killed them only at night they know who died

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
What about not showing the weapon name? Just show some messages like 'Tribute <victim> has been brutally killed by Tribute <killer>' and a bunch of other messages that the plugin randomly chooses from a database

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
What about not showing the weapon name? Just show some messages like 'Tribute <victim> has been brutally killed by Tribute <killer>' and a bunch of other messages that the plugin randomly chooses from a database
that would be ok I guess cuz if u know the wepon they will probobly just camp somewhere till deathmatch then run in circles

Jtzink

Career
Reaction score
Creative death messages would be a nice addition, but really low on the priority list ;)

Robaire

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that the usual 'A cannon has been heard in the distance' message is boring. It would be awesome if it says :
'Tribute <victim> from District <number> has been killed by <killer> with a <weapon>"
I like it the way it is because it doesn't give away your position to others that knew who you killed was and adds some suspense

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Tribute <name> from <district> died from <lava/sword/arrow/ect>.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci